Pete's Dragon Trip Report 10th - 17th 2011

Started by Pete's Dragon, September 19, 2011, 09:45:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

big disney kid

where abouts in northern ireland are you from brian anywhere near a wee town called coleraine by any chance i have friends who live there and go to disney a lot as well

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "big disney kid"where abouts in northern ireland are you from brian anywhere near a wee town called coleraine by any chance i have friends who live there and go to disney a lot as well

yes from Coleraine. :-k

Pete's Dragon

Day 6, 15th Sept - "Oh, I'm not a princess. I'm a waitress."

Soryy, but I'm gonna have to rush through this. I started back at university today and I'm not gonna have to time to write an expansive report.

Left Sujit in the apartment, and went to queue to meet the Princess. Subi and Elisha waited while me and Joshua headed for Space Mountain. Just as we were about to go on the ride, I realised I had Elisha autograph book. Eeekkk !!!! Did the ride and raced back to the make-shift Princess Pavillion to find that Elisha was 3rd in the queue. Phew ! And the luck didn't end there because just at that moment the Princesses changed from Cinderella to Princess Tiana.

Elisha  Went  Nuts  :D/  =D>  :D  :thumbs:

Now the girls in front of Elisha got a hello, a cuddle and a photograph. Elisha got a full blown 10min conversation. I think this is one of the nicest touches they do in the park: if you've spent €60+ on an outfit you deserve a little bit more attention from that character. Joshua got it last visit from Jack Sparrow (completely bypassed a massive queue and got) and now it was Elsiha's turn.

Of course I was never one to pass up an opportunity to meet a waitress, I mean Princess  ;)

Met up with Sujit at Noon, went to Snow White and then on to BTM. Then off to the Pocahauntas Park for 30mins of peace

Then off to Woody Round Up

To continue our lazy day we hoped onto the Train and done 1 1/2 loops all the way round and then on the Discoveryland.

Star Tours, Buzz Lightyear's Laser Blast and then the final unriden ride - Orbitron. So that's that, all the rides done (except for the closed Cinemagique :-( )

Headed off to Le Grange but it hadnt opened yet. Then the 4 most unbelievable words ever to come out of my mouth were spoken. After nearly a week of trying to drink to swill they called coffee in the park I turned to my wife and said 'I fancy a Starbucks'  :shock: Yip, a Starbucks. And after a week of muck, it tasted ...... not half bad.

Took a little walk around the lake, to discover teh ice rink was being used for those giant blow up balls. What a great laugh. Me and Sujit had to 'help' the kids incase they got stuck, when in fact I spent the whole time trying to push the kids into Sujit. The best bit was when I sandwichwed him between both kids and I keeled over laughing.

Time for a well deserved rest, time for a Tex-Mex buffet.

Pete's Dragon

Day 7, 16th Sept - ""Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy."

Last full day :-( Before we left the apartment, everyone picked their favourite rides. Elisha had to pick a second one, as we'd been on IASM 3 times already. So they plan was Big Thunder Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, Crush's Coaster, Rock and Roller Coaster, and Autopia. Plus whatever rides had small queues in between.

Straight to Frontierland and Fastpassed BTM. Then headed to Phantom Manor, followed by a walk around the graveyard whick freaked Elisha out slightly (weird, she loved it last time). Joined the Fastpass queue for BTM and discovered the strangest sight ever. The regular queue was complete empty, yet the Fastpass line stretched to the end of the bridge. And not one person had the courage to jump the barrier into the other lane. I don't think I've ever been in a queue like it.

Afterwards we walked to Au Chalet de la Marionnette for some tasty hotdogs, and got stuck in the queue behind the most ignornamt, ill mannered, obnoxious guest I've ever come across. She was rude to the poor CM taking the order, never once did it enter her head to say please or thank you, and then she walked off to the hatch before the CM had a chance to give her a receipt or change. She came back 2 mins later and snapped "where's my ticket" to whick the CM said "it's here you old hag. now take it, go away and I hope you choke on your fries !" Okay that's what I would have said. The CM was polite and said "here you are madam". I gave him my money and then said to Subi, "now wait for your receipt" which got a cheeky smirk from the CM. I knew that he knew that I knew that he got what I knew, you know?

I took the fries down to the table and left Subi to fetch the hotdogs. 5mins late, no hotdogs. Some bright spark had forgot to cook any. So I brought the half-eaten fries back and waited. Unlike Cafe Mickeys the other day the staff were very apologetic and were notcieable annoyed at the lack of service. Plus the dogs were cooked when they arrived.

POTC, followed by Peter Pan. Checked the time and realised that the Stunt show was finishing in 30mins, so now would be the best time to hit The Sudio. Joshua and I went straight for Rock and Roller Coaster and it was perfect ! The best light show of the visit, the music was pumping the whole way around AND the smoke was working too. By far the best ride of the week of any attraction !

Suggested Tower of Terror, but even Joshua gave it a bored thumbs down (really !?!?) so we queued for Crush instead, and I fianlly got to sit forwards at the start. Now that I've ridden it both ways I actually prefer it backwards to begin with. The queu for Cars was Non-existant ..... Walk On ! I have a video I must upload.

Then it was back to the Park. Quick go on the Carousel and off to Discoverland. Experienced the bumpiest ever Space Mountain ride ever. Sujit posted another really pitiful score at BLYLB. It was so bad I nearly bought him a toy blaster to take home so he could practice (decided against it when I saw the price). It was just after 6 and the queue for Autopia said 30mins, sweet! No sooner had we joined the queue that they stopped other guests joining it.

Time for one last go on Buzz. I'll save Sujit any further embarrassment. Now none of us are fond of parades, but it was our last night so we decided to watch Mickey Magical Farewell.

And so we waved farewell to the Park for the last time.

Treated ourselves to a taxi to Val D'Europe and had dinner in Pregos in the Place De Toscana. Headed back to the apartment and packed as much as we could. Our train wasn't until 2pm so we had a few hours left tomorrow

jackieann

love your report so well written (typed really) and the you know what the cm knew etc quote, friends fan???

Pete's Dragon

[youtube:17zwqv2q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFG6W_a5x50[/youtube:17zwqv2q]

never2old

Great report as always PD, and gorgeous pictures! What camera do you have?

You have a lovely family, glad you all had such a great time! (despite a couple of less pleasant experiences...)

You know I'm Spanish myself, and it saddens me to have to totally agree with your comments... We're not all that bad, you know... But I don't know what happens to so many of them when they go to DLP, the way they behave sometimes!! I've gotten into arguments with some Spanish guests in the parks before...I don't live in Spain and I don't go back often enough to know if they ar just as bad back home, I hope not...

Anyway, great report, thank you for sharing it with us! Reading it really makes me feel like I'm there with you all!

Pete's Dragon

N2O I have the Panasonic fz45 superzoom bridge camera. Great camera except in low  light as the flash sucks

cinderslg

Great Pictures and a great report, really getting me in the mood for my trip.......  :thumbs: