Finally! My April 2009 Trip Report!

Started by TaranDLP, October 10, 2011, 02:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TaranDLP

I am off to Disneyland Paris this November, and as I am over-excited, I thought that I would share the memories from my last visit in April 2009. Hopefully my trip report after my next visit will be posted sooner! Now, these photos were taken on an iPhone 3G so they are a bit rubbish, but I have just bought a Nikon camera, so my photos from this year will be better!

My partner and I went to celebrate my birthday and as it was his first visit, we decided to stay at Sequoia Lodge, which is my favourite hotel.

On the way to Disneyland Park I discovered a little reminder of the former Euro Disney days...

On arrival at the park it was lovely to see Le Château de la Belle au Bois Dormant again, however I thought that the Mickey's Magical Party logo looked tacky! I wish they would leave Le Château alone, it's beautiful as it is.

On arrival we were both so tired, we had been up really early to start travelling and I had been working loads of hours at work so I was like a zombie! We wanted something to eat so we went to Pizza Planet in Discoveryland. I thought I would be helpful and cleared our table, but due to the tiredness I put the contents AND the trays into the bin. There is nothing better than fishing about in a Space Ranger style bin trying to grab some trays without being covered in bin juice.

After a swift exit we went and took in the sights of Fantasyland and Adventureland.

I loved that my partner's t-shirt blended in well with the Cheshire Cat!

We watched the parade, which was great, although Daisy Duck was no where to be seen, which is an outrage! Seriously though, she is ace and I wish they would include her more!

After a busy day, we went back to the hotel to get changed for our evening meal at the Blue Lagoon Restaurant, which is my favourite place to eat at DLP. I love the ambiance, the service and the food, it's great!

Plus, I had an amazing dessert, the Mickey macaroons were so tasty.

Disneyland Park was closing so we made our way to the exit and to Disney Village.

Woohoo, Daisy!

Next day we thought we would explore Walt Disney Studios. It was still very sparse looking, hopefully when I go next, Toy Story Playland will make it feel "fuller"!

That's about it for photos, I didn't take many because of the rubbish camera on my phone! However, here a two more, which are my favourites of the trip...
A lovely Daisy in a window at Main Street.

An amazing safety notice at the train station.

I hope you've enjoyed the photos, and my brief trip report!

MrsPirate

I love reading trip reports, no matter how long ago the visit. The safety sign at the station always makes me smile.

Off Site June 1992
Santa Fe, July 2009
Cheyenne, June 2010
Newport Bay Club Admirals Floor, July 2011
Sequoia Lodge, Christmas November 2011
Sequoia Lodge, June 2012
Hotel New York, Christmas November 2012
Hotel New York, Halloween 2013
Disneyland Hotel, Christmas 2014 and Christmas 2015
Newport Bay Club Compass Club, Christmas 2016 and Christmas 2018

TaranDLP

Aw thanks! I promise that this year I will post as soon as I can. Looks like we are both going in November too!

Martin B

Hey!  

They do say better late than never!!

Enjoyed reading it!

Hope your next trip is magicaL!
@DisneyMart - Follow me on twitter and I\'ll tweet live from Disneyland Paris and other Disney locations on our magical adventures... www.twitter.com/DisneyMart

Annet

I've been away from the forum a while, I was just really busy.
But I started reading trip reports again, since I'm going in november too!
Just 5 more weeks and 6 days... :D