20th | Meet Mickey Mouse — Now Open!

Started by Donald-Duck-Malta, July 27, 2011, 12:26:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peter

Still, all they need is two mickey rooms, one in French, one in English.

15MagicalYears

Quote from: "peter"Still, all they need is two mickey rooms, one in French, one in English.

Like I questioned earlier, what happens then when a non-English/French speaking guest wants to meet Mickey?

peter

but didn't they do some europe wide survey about languages and find that most people can now speak english as a second language. here in the uk, we are really bad at foreign languages

Josh

True, but would the littler kids be able to speak English that early? :)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Maarten

Quote from: "peter"but didn't they do some europe wide survey about languages and find that most people can now speak english as a second language. here in the uk, we are really bad at foreign languages

I'm just curious, but why is that if I may ask? Even the French are noticeably improving their English language skills in the last decade or so. :)

Although I would love to see the interactive costumes in Paris, I think our chances are fairly slim. Its simply too expensive I guess. And I am not only talking about the costumes, but also about the voice actors. Just a French and English speaking Mickey won't do. Like Meph already said, you can't expect Dutch/Flemish, German, Spanish and Italian children to understand French and/or English at their age. ;)

Regarding the general shows, language is not so much a problem since the songs/melodies are universal and the visuals help a lot to understand the story. When it comes to interactive experiences however, like Stitch Live, language really matters.

SM:M3

Quote from: "Maarten"
Quote from: "peter"but didn't they do some europe wide survey about languages and find that most people can now speak english as a second language. here in the uk, we are really bad at foreign languages

I'm just curious, but why is that if I may ask? Even the French are noticeably improving their English language skills in the last decade or so. :)

Although I would love to see the interactive costumes in Paris, I think our chances are fairly slim. Its simply too expensive I guess. And I am not only talking about the costumes, but also about the voice actors. Just a French and English speaking Mickey won't do. Like Meph already said, you can't expect Dutch/Flemish, German, Spanish and Italian children to understand French and/or English at their age. ;)

Regarding the general shows, language is not so much a problem since the songs/melodies are universal and the visuals help a lot to understand the story. When it comes to interactive experiences however, like Stitch Live, language really matters.
A few reasons really, primarily because English has been the dominant language worldwide for so long because of the British Empire, partly because it's not actually compulsory to learn a language except between ages 11-14 any more, I learnt French but that wasn't very fun, and we also don't get that much choice in schools, its normally French, Spanish or German, I only had the choice of French or Spanish. It is something that drastically needs improving though.

But anyway regarding the meet 'n' greet, I would have thought this would be a voice-changer in the costume for the true live version, but I think they could get away with having English and French on all day and then rotating through languages for a couple of hours each in the other rooms.

Kristof

Interactive Mickey is in no way planned for our resort.

CafeFantasia

Why do people keep saying this Talking Mickey is done with a voice-changer? All a voice-changer does is modulate the pitch of your voice either up or down. If you think that all it takes to sound like Mickey Mouse is to have someone speak into a microphone, and have the pitch of their voice increased via a voice-changer, then you're wrong :-)

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "Kristof"Interactive Mickey is in no way planned for our resort.

Shame, but true :(
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Columbiad

Images released by DLRPExpress certainly suggest that this will be very, very similar to the Backstage Mickey experience in Orlando.

peter

That can only be a good thing, especially if wdi are doing it again

Josh

That's the image from the brochure. The description in it confirmed that this will have the same story as the US counterpart. ;)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Columbiad

I wonder if the exterior of the theatre will get any adjustments, because there are two themes here that could clash. Theres the pastel colours and the British Victorian "village" style of the exterior, and the deep reds and popcorn lights of the almost Broadway interior of the Orlando attraction.

Josh

That's a good point. Maybe they'll go for more of an Albert Hall look?

Then again, that's probably a bit too much. :P
Disneyland Paris
    [li]April 2012[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Columbiad

Concept art found on MiceChat: