20th | Meet Mickey Mouse — Now Open!

Started by Donald-Duck-Malta, July 27, 2011, 12:26:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donald-Duck-Malta

Hey guys!
Hope you are all doing well! :P

According to dlrpmagic.com,looks like Mickey Mouse is going to conjure up a permanent meet 'n' greet at Fantasy Festival Stage...another new addition for the 20th Anniversary! :D

SOURCE: http://www.dlrptoday.com/2011/07/26/mic ... val-stage/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;  :thumbs:

And then, as if by magic, there we three. So far we know that the 20th Anniversary next year will bring Jack Sparrow to Pirates of the Caribbean and a new, world-exclusive nighttime show likely featuring fountains and fireworks at Sleeping Beauty Castle. But how about a brand new addition for the mouse that started it all? Yes, from next year Mickey Mouse himself is set to get his own permanent meet 'n' greet location within Fantasy Festival Stage!
The theatre has sat at the back of Fantasyland, connected to the Railroad Station, with only very limited use for more than a decade now. Whilst it began life in 1992 as a key venue hosting the classic C'est Magique musical revue, since 2006 only occasional seasonal performances of the show Winnie the Pooh and Friends, Too have occupied the small stage. Taking over this under-utilised space, which is never going to be good for grand stage shows, whilst giving the mouse his own dedicated spot actually sounds like a logical and wise proposition. Why the magic puns? Because if you're a follower of Disney Parks worldwide, you'll know all about the new "Backstage Magic with Mickey Mouse" meet 'n' greet that recently opened on Main Street at Florida's Magic Kingdom (photos via Disney Parks Blog).

This new attraction, which even comes with its own Fastpass service, leads visitors through a fabulously-themed queue space littered with props and in-jokes — even a crate marked "Marne-la-Vallée – Paris" — with the storyline that you're meeting Mickey Mouse, now a magician, backstage...
While the idea is somewhat tenuously planted into Main Street (and was unpopular with some, at least before its debut revealed the great detail), you couldn't have a more perfect set-up for the location in Paris. Not just a real theatre, not just in the very fitting British quarter of the land, but in Fantasyland, where the characters truly belong. There's little clue yet whether the European version will have such an extravagant set-up, or its own Fastpass tickets, but the two projects are certainly related and we should look forward to this new, more "magical" backstage encounter with the Mouse from next year.
In fact, it may well be our fourth new addition for the 20th and our second new permanent meet 'n' greet, as we mustn't forget the Princess Pavilion that slowly continues its delayed construction across the land, in the former post-show area of "it's a small world". More news on that one soon...

Hope this news brings happiness to you all...Well it did to me! :D/

15MagicalYears

This is pretty cool, do you have the link to the dlrpmagic article where this is mentioned? I can't seem to find it.
If this is true I suppose this will almost make sense, as Duffy will probably be meeting at Mickey's old location on Main Street.

-EDIT-

Nevermind, I found it. The article doesn't seem to show up on dlrpmagic.com but only dlrptoday.com.  :?

Donald-Duck-Malta

Quote from: "15MagicalYears"This is pretty cool, do you have the link to the dlrpmagic article where this is mentioned? I can't seem to find it.
If this is true I suppose this will almost make sense, as Duffy will probably be meeting at Mickey's old location on Main Street.

-EDIT-

Nevermind, I found it. The article doesn't seem to show up on dlrpmagic.com but only dlrptoday.com.  :?

LOL-dont worry heres the link anyways  ;)
http://www.dlrptoday.com/2011/07/26/mic ... val-stage/

Josh

I bet the kids will love this, if it's true. ^_^

What really surprised me about this is how much space they will have if they're going to use the entire theatre. Do they need that much space? :?
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

15MagicalYears

Quote from: "Meph"What really surprised me about this is how much space they will have if they're going to use the entire theatre. Do they need that much space? :?

If you look at the tour of the meet and greet in Florida, it shows how expansive and large it is. (plus there's more than one of mickey's room).

[youtube:23abukm5]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_7kWyKfQoM[/youtube:23abukm5]

I really hope we get something similar or as highly detailed as this, I think it's great.

norhel

Seems very interesting. And if it is like i understand it will be, it seems that it would be a copy of the WDW version.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

CafeFantasia

This sounds great. The only problem is, doesn't this officially confirm that the Little Mermaid ride will never get built behind the Fantasyland Station?

peter

No, it just means that it won't get built in the near future.

Also remember the gates at the end of storybookland

Donald-Duck-Malta

Quote from: "norhel"Seems very interesting. And if it is like i understand it will be, it seems that it would be a copy of the WDW version.

Yeap! :D

pussinboots

More pictures here:
http://micechat.com/forums/kevin-yee-co ... 1056493031

I have to say, this thing was really well-done. Totally Disney, totally Main Street USA. The only compromise was the princess area, which is only temporary anyway. If we get anything like this I'll be quite happy.

Wouldn't it be fun with a slight British twist for the Fantasy Festival Stage? Mickey could be touring.

Aurora1

That sounds interesting. If it is anything like that, I`m looking forward in opefully see it next year :thumbs:
Aurora1

Donald-Duck-Malta

Quote from: "Aurora1"That sounds interesting. If it is anything like that, I`m looking forward in opefully see it next year :thumbs:
Aurora1

Very true!Lets make sure the 20th Anniversary arrives soon! :D/ CANT WAIT!

Anthony

Quote from: "norhel"Seems very interesting. And if it is like i understand it will be, it seems that it would be a copy of the WDW version.
They sound like they're related, but apparently this won't be a plain copy. Whether that means we're in for something of similar scale yet different, or just a cut-down version... Hopefully we'll learn more soon as the 20th additions are tied down.

15MagicalYears

I'm trying not to get my expectations of this too high as I'm sure it'll be a disappointment, does anyone know if this is being designed/created by WDI or Entertainment?

peter

It will probably be WDI, because the wdw version is more than just a meet and greet, it's a new attraction