Hunchback feature

Started by mary, June 23, 2011, 10:08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mary

Does anyone have any photos they could post showing the feature in Disneyland Park based on The Hunchback of Notre Dame?  My first visit to the park was during the 5th Anniversary, and the parade featured Esmerelda, the Hunchback and other characters.  I can remember standing in the centre of the feature, whick I believe had gargoyles in or on top of it??   It isn't there now, and I can't remember the exact location - maybe Central Plaza?  It would be great to see some photos.

mattboywonder

My first visit was also during the 5th Anniversary - didn't see the parade tho as it was only on weekends and I don't have any pictures of the feature you are referring to.
Disneyland - 1991, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010, 2012
Walt Disney World - 1998, 2000, 2010, 2011, 2012
Tokyo Disneyland - 2008, 2011, 2012
Disneyland Paris - 1997, 2002, 2007, 2008, 2009 (March, May, Halloween & Dec), 2010 (Feb, July, Oct & Dec), 2011 (April, July & September), 2012 (March, April & July & New Years Eve) 2013 March
Hong Kong Disneyland - 2007, 2008

ed-uk

Do have some old - scanned photos from back then.  Not many as no digital camera back then and taken rainy cold December time.  You are correct there were gargoyles in the hub on top of bells you could walk thro the photo I have has them dressed up for christmas (1996). Will try to get them on the computer and upload here.
Ed & David

mary

Thanks, anyway, mattboywonder.  Still have lots of memories, especially of the parade and the castle decorated in jester hats!  maybe someone has posted the parade on youtube, it would be worth taking a look at.  I haven't seen the characters from Hunchback of Notre Dame in any parades since - it was amazing.

mary

Quote from: "ed-uk"Do have some old - scanned photos from back then.  Not many as no digital camera back then and taken rainy cold December time.  You are correct there were gargoyles in the hub on top of bells you could walk thro the photo I have has them dressed up for christmas (1996). Will try to get them on the computer and upload here.
That sounds great, thanks!  My trip was in August and the weather was fantastic.  It was my first tripto Disneyland Paris, and I didn't take many photos.  If I had realised then how addictive disneyland is, I would have photographed everything.  Can you believe how much it changes eah visit?

ed-uk

Here (hopefully) are the gargoyles in christmas mode.

Some of the parade (happening) - on a wet day - in town square : there were a lot more dancers (walkers) but do not remember many actual floats

& a dry day - at the start point by IASW

Ed & David

mary

Wow!!!!  I'm so glad there are people out there that are as passionate about Disney as I am.  Thank you so much.  I have one photo of the Hunchback under the bell, and also one of the castle dressed in Jester hats.  I am not able to post them, though, I'm not that clever, but I really appreciate what you've done.

ed-uk

No problem - fun looking back - just couple more - both of the wet day version

Glad you like them- the at that time had not been dressed up but do have the castle dressed up but taken in 1997 for the 5th anniversary, these photos are from our first christmastime visit in early December 1996.
Ed & David

kate&phoo

They're great pics, I love the gargoyles on the bells!

Sulley

I forgot all about those Bells, they should def bring them back.  I'm suprised that there is nothing left around the park for the hunchback

mary

I think they should have lots more Disney characters in the parades, including Esmerelda Pocahontas and Mulan.  It seems that a parade can be themed on these characters then they disappear completely.  Will the same happen to Tiana and Rapunzel?  There are enough Disney parades to maybe "mix and match" characters between the parks.  I'm sure lots of people would like to see some of the Hunchback themes again, and there are probably endless possibilities from years gone by that would bring back so many memories.  It's so easy to forget, and its been great seeing these photos.

fly_with_me_dumbo

best parade ever!!! love how many dancers they used and the castle was amazing. I loved that year, I was only 6!! haha now 20 :)