Our trip from 13/3 to 16/3 2011

Started by Terkina, March 22, 2011, 03:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terkina

We came to Disneyland Paris late on Sunday.  At the reception at Santa Fe we got a warm welcome.  I was in my wheelchair.  We had to choose when we wanted to eat breakfast the next day.  We couldn't make up our minds right away.  Before I knew it the man who was checking us in said that he would give us a fast past for breakfast so we could go at any time.  That was a pleasant surprise ?
We went to our room and went straight to bed.  

I woke up at 07.30 the next morning.  But we didn't go for breakfast until 09.00.  There was a lot of people in line for breakfast.  But finally we managed to get the breakfast we wanted.  

After breakfast we booked a table at Café Mickey later the same night.  The nice lady at the desk asked if we wanted a mini buss into Disnyeland.  When we got out of the reception we were very glad that we didn't have to take the normal shuttle bus.  It was a very long queue and I don't think everyone in that queue got on the first bus.  

We arrived at Disneyland right before 10.  First we had to visit City Hall to get my Easy Access Card.  Next we went on Buzz Lightyear.  It was a 15 minute queue.  My friend and I both enjoyed it a lot.

Next we went on Star Wars.  It was not a long queue here.  I enjoyed the ride.
 After Star Wars we went straight to Captain EO.  We both liked this attraction .  
We also went on Nautilus before lunch, but that was a disappointment.  

By now it was time for lunch.  We found a little place nearby where they had a baguette.  Unfortunately I don't remember what the place we bought the baguettes were called.  

After lunch we went to Adventureland and Frontierland.  We didn't go on any attractions here.  We just walked around and looked at everything.  We went by the steamboat and watched people boarding the boat.  We also watched Big Thunder Mountain for quite a while.  That ride is not my kind of thing  :D

I wanted to go on a ride with Dumbo, but the queue was long so we decided to do that one the next morning in the EMH.  

We are both into geocaching.  So now was a good time to take our first geocache in Disneyland.  After our first geocache we decided to go back to the hotel and have a rest before our visit to Café Mickey.  We took the shuttle bus back to Santa Fe.

After some rest we walked to Disney Village.  It was still 2 hours until we had to be at Café Mickey.  We walked to Café Mickey just to locate where it was.  It was a long queue to get into the Café.  We walked around in the Village just taking it all in.  We also found our 2nd geocache.  We also went for some shopping at the Disney Store before heading back to Café Mickey and our reservation.  By this time there was no queue.  We got a table right away  :D

While we decided what to order a few characters came by.  All the characters that came by spent plenty of time by our table even though we were only 2 adults at our table.  Unfortunately I didn't get any great pictures from the Café.  
My friend ordered Lilo and Stitch soup for starter, Pluto's Steak as main course and Captain Hook's Crème Brulee for dessert.
I ordered Fantasia Mushrooms as starter, Chip an' Dale's Fish an'Chips for the main course and Woody Campside Chocolate for dessert.  

We both enjoyed the food a lot.  I especially liked my starter.  Neither my main course or my dessert was as nice as the starter.  There were many birthday celebrations at Café Mickey when we visited.  The waiters also had a performance while we were there.  It was a great experience going to Café Mickey  :D

We wanted to take the shuttle bus home because it was now dark outside.  We went to the bus stop where it was a very long queue.  We waited for 5 minutes and all the time more and more people came to take the bus.  We decided to walk back to Santa Fe instead.  We were afraid that it would be very dark all the way back to Santa Fe.  But it was nice lighting all the way back to the hotel.  There was also many people walking to and from hotels this evening.  So it wasn't bad at all walking back to Santa Fe.  
We went by the Esso station on our way back.  

Day 2:

We went for breakfast at 08.00 today.  Today it was not that many people at breakfast.  So it was easier getting a table.  After breakfast we walked to Disneyland.  
Our first stop at Disneyland was a ride on Dumbo.  The queue wasn't that bad this morning.  

After Dumbo it was time for Buzz Lightyear again :-D
We both got a better score on Buzz Lightuear than yesterday, but still not that high as some of the scores I've read about in other trip reports here on the forum  :D

We went on Phantomanor.  I think the story on this ride is poor.  So one trip on this ride was enough for me.  

The Easy Access Pass is a great service.  The downside with the pass and having a wheelchair is that we never got to see theming in the queues.  

We had lunch at Toad Hall.  The food was ok.  
After lunch we headed for the Studios.  We walked around in the park just taking it all in.  We saw Disney's Stars 'n' Cars show.  After the show we went on Cinemagique.  It was the only show left this late in the day.  

Now we went back to Disneyland to find a place for the parade.  It was a short parade.  But I'm still glad I saw it.  After the parade we went back to the Studios and had a look at Toy Story Playland.  The parachute drop had a 45 minute queue.

We now wanted to find another geocache that was nearby the RER station.  It was a great hide.  I recommend it to anyone that is in to geocaching  :D

We ate at Mc Donald's.  Here it was a lot of people.  The second we got in the door we were guided to a fastdesk were there was almost no queue at all.  We got our food and found a table to the right of the toilets.  

We both felt that we were done with Disneyland.  The last day we would spend in the Studios.

Day 3:

We had breakfast and checked out of Santa Fe.  We left our luggage in the luggage room at Santa Fe and walked in to the Stuios.  

We went for Animagique first.  Then we went to Art of Disney Animation.  The Art of Disney Animation was nice.  

Stitch live was next.  It was a great show for kids, but it didn't give me that much ?
Before we left Studios and Disneyland we got to see the Moteurs... Action! Stunt Show Spectacular.  I was impressed of how many people this show could manage.  

After the show we went to Mc Donald's before getting back to Santa Fe to collect our luggage.  We took the shuttle bus with all our luggage from Santa Fe to the Disney Village and the train station.  We took the train in to Paris where we spent the next 4 days.
Disneyland 1981, 1986
Walt Disney World 1986, 1990
Disneyland Paris 1995, 2011

traveller

Thank you Terkina for sharing this trip with us.
Glad to read about geocaching.  I am not familiar with this and I realy enjoyed it.
Hope to had wonderful time in Paris as well.  Did you geocaching there too?
Previous Visits:
March 1990 Disneyland Anaheim (one day visit)
May 1995 Disneyland Paris (one day visit)
June 2007 Hotel Cheyenne
August 2008 Sequoia Lodge
December 2009 Hotel New York
December 2010 Newport Bay Club

Terkina

Yes we went geocaching in Paris as well.  We found 12 geocaches in total on this trip to Disneyland and Paris :D
Disneyland 1981, 1986
Walt Disney World 1986, 1990
Disneyland Paris 1995, 2011

MrsPirate

Great trip report. I had never heard of geocaching before so I did a quick google search and it sounds really interesting,

Off Site June 1992
Santa Fe, July 2009
Cheyenne, June 2010
Newport Bay Club Admirals Floor, July 2011
Sequoia Lodge, Christmas November 2011
Sequoia Lodge, June 2012
Hotel New York, Christmas November 2012
Hotel New York, Halloween 2013
Disneyland Hotel, Christmas 2014 and Christmas 2015
Newport Bay Club Compass Club, Christmas 2016 and Christmas 2018