our trip

Started by sarahH, March 21, 2011, 04:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarahH

Hi all,

well what can i say....OMG is what i keep saying to family and friends lol, just arrived back from our trip and it was amazing.

this was the first time we had stayed at disney and we werent disapointed.

we set off at nearly 8pm friday ad traveled down for the ferry, got there early at about 1.15am (not booked on till 5am) but the gentelman said not a problem ill put you on the 2.05am crossing (wuhoo). Arrived at our accomodation at 8am, Davey crocket ranch and can i say this place is brill, everyone was so nice and helpful. i told them that we were really early and they just said not a problem here is your hotel pass go into the parks and come back after 3pm for your key. the guy did offer us an upgrade to a new 2 bed bungalow for 20 Euros but as it was just 1 night we said we wouldnt bother but when we went back just after 4pm for the key the lady was messing about on the computer for a while and i thought there was a problem (by this time the kids and husband were asleep in the car lol) but everything was fine and she just said you have been given a free upgrade to a 2 bedroom bungalow which was great, thanks.

when we arrived we werent disapointed i was really impressed with the davey crocket ranch, it is so peacefull and pretty and the accomodation is really nice i would and have reccomended here to everyone who will listen, they have all the mod cons in even a dishwasher, which they give you a free washing kit to do the washing up, (cloth,sponge, dishwasher tablets and some multi use liquid) you just have to collect it from the shop in the village.

I cant honestly say if it was busy or quiet as i cant compare it to any other time but we only had the saturday and sunday there (we set off back to england at about 6.30pm) but we managed to do way more than we were expecting to, but being in the park at night is good from 9pm onwards for the last hour we were managing to get  straight on the rides with only about 5/10 min wait which was good.

I must also add though that without this site and everyone who contibutes to it we would have been lost, the information you can find out about things from here is really good and i am just gratefull to everyone who help with our trip and now i can hopefully help on here now ive experience a trip of my own, and cant wait for our next trip but it will be longer than 1 night this time.

thanks everyone xx

strawjaw

Glad you had a great time, and thumbs up to Disney for the free upgrade!!
Have you caught Disney fever now then?? Ha ha.
Strawjaw

Previous Visits]
January 2006 - WDW - Grosvenor Resort, Honeymoon, 14 nights.
March 2010- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Santa Fe, 3 nights
March 2011 - Disneyland Paris, Hotel Santa Fe, 4 nights
December 2013 - Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, 5 nights

kelly.dylan

Sounds like you had a lovely time and like strawjaw says have you caught the Disney bug?
I bet it wont be long until you are planning when you can go again ;) xx
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

sarahH

oh i had the bug any way lol,

We have been trying to go for years but just havent had the chance because of money problems etc, and my husband always used to say 'How much' when i priced anything up lol. but a well none newspaper did a thing where you collect tokens so i just went ahead and did it, some times you just have to dont you lol.

Anyway yes we ALL have the bug now so I am already planning on going again but im tempted to wait to see if disney do the offer again where meals are included, does anyone know if this is likely to happen or not??

At the end of the day seeing your childrens faces light up when they first walk into disney is priceless isnt it, it was well worth all the money we spent and all the hours driving we had to do.

davewasbaloo

Glad you had a fantastic time, thank you for sharing! I look forward to reading about your future trips.
since 2001 (many before that)

Samninetysix

Always nice to hear someone has had a great time at Davy Crocketts - it's our favourite :P