[TDL] Space Mountain revamp

Started by Kristof, November 04, 2006, 09:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Space Mountain at Tokyo is the last one to get a total makeover!  Disneytheque has a few cool concept art here:

http://www.disneytheque.com/index.php?/ ... aunch.html

The Butlin Boy

Looks good :)

It seems to me that they are revamping all of the Space Mountains, does anyone know why?

Patrick

Here's a think, maybe because they're all old and need updating :P , seriously though this really needed doing, now if the whole of Tomorrowland in TDL got looked at too, then maybe just maybe one of the more tacky areas, after all there are many at TDL will have been maybe sorted out :wink: .

Dlrpfan

i would also like to see the star jets to be referbished orbitron is farrrr better :D
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Maarten

This seems like a unique take on the Space Mountain theme. Does anyone know if they will finally get the onboard-audio system aswell?

Anthony

The concept art reminds me of their Tower of Terror for some reason. Something about the green lights and spiked fonts.

Hopefully when they're done with this they'll fly back over to Paris and start the revamps all over again...

mehdi5

Don't really like the logo

Kristof

Screamscape has some info about the recent changes.  Sounds a bit... weird if you ask me.  :-s

Quote from: "Screamscape"When it reopened they had added all new scenery, props and themeing to go with the attraction's sponsor (Coca-Cola). There also seems to be a Stitch tie-in outside the main entrance where Stitch has been finger-painting on the glass. However they did not add new rockets or a soundtrack for whatever reason.

Source

WDI1992

God that does sound strange... a little too much Six Flags like and too few Disney... I understand that they have to promote their sponsor but honestly, as the actual theming of a major attraction? hm does sound weird indeed. Would love to see photos of this...
Edit: saw the pictures... and I can not say I like it... it looks kind of cheap and that dominant blue lighting is too much. I also find the prescence of Coca-Cola to be a little too much, it almost looks like a themed Mc Donald's  :?  now this is just my humble opinion, could be the pictures that are misleading but does anyone else find this?
Ne cessez jamais de croire ... et, imaginez un peu! Parce que, c\'est là où les rêves deviennent réalité  

and always remember, if you can dream it, you can do it!
www.ResortDreams.net

Kristof

In fact, the original Space Mountain in Florida was rethemed to Fedex in it's younger years too.

Patrick

Suppose this weird move is so Tokyo Disney Resort keeps one of its few remaining sponsors :lol: , still the lack of soundtrack and new ride rockets really sound rubbish, then again they have the oldest looking Tomorrowland.

peep

I actually like the look of this new SM. I like the blue lighting :P Tbh I hadn't seen images of the old version at Tokyo but I do like the look of this one.

Seems very odd to leave out the soundtrack though and to add Stitch handprints on windows.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Owain

Quote from: "PATMAGIC"Suppose this weird move is so Tokyo Disney Resort keeps one of its few remaining sponsors :lol: , still the lack of soundtrack and new ride rockets really sound rubbish, then again they have the oldest looking Tomorrowland.
:offtopic: There Fantasyland is looking a bit 70s to  :lol:

mehdi5

Quote from: "peep"I actually like the look of this new SM. I like the blue lighting :P Tbh I hadn't seen images of the old version at Tokyo but I do like the look of this one.

Seems very odd to leave out the soundtrack though and to add Stitch handprints on windows.
Those stitch handprints wer'e only temporarily that Lilo & SitchL Find Stitch festival was there at the time.