Rockin N Rollin trip report 22nd-25th November updated

Started by RockNRoller, November 14, 2010, 03:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RockNRoller

This time next week we'll be on a train to London for an overnight stop at the Kings Cross Travel Inn and then the 9.53 Eurostar to the magic so in true pre trip reprt fashion I thought it was time to introduce the players:

Sue, the vicar, fav ride "Buzz Lightyear", Looking forward to seeing Fantillusion with a working camera this time.
Andy, her husband and rail engineer, fav ride "Moteurs Action" (Its not a ride Andy), Looking forward to riding the Disney railway as it was closed when we went last year.
Sarah, nurse and my wife, fav ride Its a small world, Looking forward to Its a Small World (We may have to limit the numbers of times she can ride in a day)
And me, RockNRoller (Simon), hearing aid dispenser, fav ride.... need you ask, Looking forward to seeing Toy Story Play Land in the flesh.

We've watched every film we have that has a ride based on it, or vice versa, so we can point and shout "look thats in the film" our bags are half packed, well mine is, tickets, Euro's and a selection of English sweets laid out side by side, were crossing days off the calender and sending those little "this time next week.... " txts the excitement is mounting.

And if any of you are there the same time look out for a bloke wearing a black hat with a Norwegien flag on the back, that will be me.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

lauramumof3

we will be there at the same time! sequoia lodge 22-26th.
Been to DLP many times when I was little and now with my own children. First time 1992 and th last time was 2012! Going in  November 2017, so exited cant wait :-)

RockNRoller

Well were back and as always we had an amazing time. Have to say straight away you're going to have to wait for the full report as Im currently washing clothes, ironing shirts and re-packing for a business trip to Denmark. Im not back from that till next Sunday so please bear with me.

As a staring point though lets have a few high lights and moans
Moans: Have to say that all the renovations look good and I was really happy to see the blue walls in Peter Pans que had been freshly painted and looked good, however, moan one is directed to the muppet who saw that freshly painted wall and wrote on it swiftly followed by several others. [-X
Moan two, still no RC at the photo location in TSPL.
Moan three, Went into Videopolis for coffee and most of the cartoons being shown were the same as last year, you'd think Mickey had only starred in a handful of films.
Moan four, Still using 15th anniversary tickets.
Mind you only four moans in four days aint bad in my book.

High lights:
Its only my opinion but im loving TSPL, I can see what people say about carnival rides but the level of detail in the themeing of the area is fantastic. Best time to see it is late on when they turn on the lights.
New highscore on Buzz, 950400, photo proof to follow, have to be honest though we did stop in front of a couple of good targets.
Stitch Live, first time ive seen it and ive not laughed so much in ages, its a brilliant show especially if Stitch picks on you.
Biggest Highlight though was a mix up with our booking, hats off to Disney and how they sorted it and wow did they sort it. We booked Disney Express service so expected tickets on the Eurostar but nothing, when I asked on the train about this I was told they had no record of us. The guy on the train, Estoban, called his boss and after a quick conversation said to check in our bags at the Express desk as normal and then go to the desk along side where we would find one day tickets waiting for us. So we did this and there were our tickets and a message to say that when we checked in at the hotel we'd get the rest. When we checked in we were told sorry we are fully booked (IBM conference) so we wouldnt be in adjoining rooms and I have to admit I was worried what we were going to be given. Up in the lift went my wife and I into a room that can only be described as huge. Im guessing it was a family room of some sort, huge bedroom area with a bed three pillows wide, same size lounge area, seperate toilet, Cappucino machine + tea making, large sofa + 2 comfy arm chairs, twin sinks in a seperate wash room area, bathroom with another toilet and bathrobes( Ive never stayed anywhere with bathrobes before) and more toiletries than I could fit in my bag. Seeing this we were worried about what our friends were stuck with so went to find them and the first thing we spotted was the lift didnt say floor 6 it said Empire State Club. Yep they were up in the Empire State Club in a very nice room, just not as nice as ours  ;) . Thanks to whoever made the mistake and thanks to Disney for fixing it, so impressed.

I will try and put some photo's on tomorrow night but for now bye
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

SwipatronSparks

sounds like you where given a suite =] cant wait to read th report =]
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....