Recording of 1997 dedication of "The Disney Legends Statue"

Started by Flounder, May 30, 2008, 11:51:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flounder

Hi,

in the early morning of April 12th 1997 "The Disney Legends Statue" was dedicated by Roy Disney. I know that several camera teams have been there to shoot the event but never saw any recordings, neither any private films nor public tapings. I just know of one existing video - which is actually my own  :-"

So I wanted to ask whether there's anyone around who has at least a good quality recording of anything that was shown on TV or some private tapes.

Many thanks!

Cheers,
Flounder

PS: If this shouldn't be the right place for my request please move it ...

britincgn

Yes I would like to know this as I have not seen it anywhere before I remember the day quite well as I did not know it was going to be unvailed and it was just luck being there at the right time and being so exited at seeing a real "Disney "

Flounder

If I'll find some time within the next days I'll upload my recording to YouTube and post the link over here. Maybe someone else remembers it then ... ;)

Cheers,
Flounder

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "Flounder"If I'll find some time within the next days I'll upload my recording to YouTube and post the link over here. Maybe someone else remembers it then ... ;)

Cheers,
Flounder

I'll really look forward to that. Should be really interesting =D>  :D

Epcot_Boy :ears:

David

Flounder

Here are the videos ...

Speech:

[youtube:3d91xb1c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjT8tLdYdbY[/youtube:3d91xb1c]

Unveiling:

[youtube:3d91xb1c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDDI-5u_zAA[/youtube:3d91xb1c]

Cheers,
Flounder

Clarebelle

*cries*

Thank you so much for sharing this with all of us, I've been looking forward to seeing the vids ever since this topic was posted. You are very lucky to have seen that I wish I had!

Does anyone know if there was a similar unvieling for the Walt and Mickey statue in Studios? I'd love to see it if there was ... I cry every time I see that statue!
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

never2old

Thanks for that Flounder, that was beautiful

Flounder

You're all welcome :)

Maybe it's of interest ... I'll check my old recordings in the next weeks and if something shows up that's worth to be seen I will upload it to my YouTube account and put it in the according thread in the Trip Reports area. There's still a lot of stuff from 1993 until today in my archives ;)

Cheers,
Flounder

Clarebelle

Do you have anything from the 5th anniversary??? I lost most of my photos and it would be great to show my parents (we went for their silver wedding anniversary, which was the same year) thats if you wouldn't mind

Flounder

Quote from: "Clarebelle"Do you have anything from the 5th anniversary??? I lost most of my photos and it would be great to show my parents (we went for their silver wedding anniversary, which was the same year) thats if you wouldn't mind
Anything in particular? I have some stuff from the 5th anniversary - as this dedication ceremony was :)

Cheers,
Flounder

Clarebelle

Quote from: "Flounder"
Quote from: "Clarebelle"Do you have anything from the 5th anniversary??? I lost most of my photos and it would be great to show my parents (we went for their silver wedding anniversary, which was the same year) thats if you wouldn't mind
Anything in particular? I have some stuff from the 5th anniversary - as this dedication ceremony was :)

Cheers,
Flounder

Really?? I don't remember, well I was only little at the time ... erm all I remember was the Hunchback parade and the castle all dressed up? what do you have that might jog my memory?

britincgn

Thank You Flounder,brought tesrs to my eyes.I must have stood exactly where this was filmed.

arno-hh

Quote from: "Clarebelle"*cries*
Does anyone know if there was a similar unvieling for the Walt and Mickey statue in Studios? I'd love to see it if there was ... I cry every time I see that statue!

Maybe this bronze statue is the perfect merchandise for you!

I bought it on my last visit in march in Disneyland paris!

Bye
Arno

Clarebelle

Quote from: "arno-hh"
Quote from: "Clarebelle"*cries*

Maybe this bronze statue is the perfect merchandise for you!

I bought it on my last visit in march in Disneyland paris!

Bye
Arno

WOW!!
I've seen one like that before being sold on the carts in the arcade! we were going to buy it last time, but Walt just didnt look like Walt, but that ones really nice, which shop is it sold in, I'm saving alll my pennies to buy one now!! how much was it if you don't mind me asking?

I also like the one of Mickey holding the clear globe, I was eyeing one in the shop on mainstreet when ConweJ found a Schwarkopf crystal bracelet on the floor it was gorgeous!! we didn't know if it was from the shop or someone had lost it, but the woman at the counter was looking worried and making a hurried phone call, so we handed it over :-( it was such a shame to part with something so beautiful! but I couldnt live with myself if I ever stoll something, but hopefully it will be coming home with me in December!