Kelly & Dylan's 1st Halloween Trip - FINAL DAY ADDED

Started by kelly.dylan, October 12, 2010, 10:21:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lauramumof3

looks great i sooooo cannot wait to go!
Been to DLP many times when I was little and now with my own children. First time 1992 and th last time was 2012! Going in  November 2017, so exited cant wait :-)

i love main st

hi kelly ...really enjoying your report makes me want to go back.....i saw you at the party , i would have spoke,but we were having our photo taken with mickey at the time..well i presume it was you,i saw dylan in his costume.. and a lady behind him with minnie ears and a black coat , but didnt see you the rest off the night...but looking at your photos we must have been yards away from each other but on the other side off the street for the cavalcade , my daughter was dressed as ursula and son as wizard mickey , i was maleficent and hubby captain jack , just incase you saw us...it was a good night wasnt it, absolutly frezzing, but good..and the weather on the sat night,,haha..we were just queing for small world when the heavens opened...i love thunder and lightning , so stood watching it in my favorite place was for me fantastic...

kelly.dylan

DAY THREE - SUNDAY 24/10/10

We were supposed to be going for breakfast at 7.30 today so as to make the most of EMH but Dylan was shattered and we made it down at about 8.15 in the end :oops:   On the way out we saw Pluto.

We then headed to DLP and went on Buzz, Peter Pan, The Teacups and Dumbos before the crowds came ;)

I had received my Shareholders membership card in August so we decided today we would try Salon Mickey  :thumbs:  We were a bit distracted on the way by lots of characters.......

And eventually got to Salon Mickey just before 11am.  Dylan liked it, he had a nice biscuit and hot chocolate and I had a coffee and Biscuit.  It was nice and quiet and we stayed for about 1/2 hour.

Just after we left Salon Mickey we watched the All Stars Express Train go by and went to get in the queue for Winnie The Pooh, which took about 20 mins.

We then went on It's A Small World

and saw a couple of characters on the way...

and through The Christmas Village to Casey Junior.

Today was the first time we had seen Casey Junior open and decided we would queue just so that we have been on it once.  It was about a 20 minute queue and Dylan thought the ride was a bit boring  :-"

We had a quick walk round Alice's Curious Labyrinth

And then found a spot for the Villains Halloween show at Central Plaza.

Dylan enjoyed the show but said he would liked it to have been "his" Dr Facilier not "the fake"! (on a few occasions we went over to frontierland becauase Dylan wanted to say hi to Dr Facilier but when he saw it was a different one he would say "no it's only the fake lets not bother" so funny :D

We saw Chip and Dale in their Halloween outfits

And done a few more rides, Big Thunder Mountain, Pirates Of The Carribean and we also done Phantom Manor for the first time.  We had never done it before because Dylan isn't keen on the dark and always assumed it was scary! I had convinced him before we left that it wasnt scary at all and he said he would give it a try.  His face was a picture when we get in the first room and the walls started moving :-" Then when the lights went off he gripped my hand and didn't let go! and I dont think it helped that the cast member in the room had taken a shine to him and hovered around him and tapped him on the shoulder :lol:   But he enjoyed it in the end!

Dylan wanted to see Jack Skellington before we left the Park, who he was very impressed with because he asked him his name and wrote "To Dylan" in his autograph book and told him to do a scary pose!

We left the park just before 6pm as we had dinner booked in Cafe Mickey for 7pm. When we got back I left Dylan sorting out his lanyard and pins while I had a quick shower and when I came out I found him fast asleep on the bed!!

I managed to wake him up just before 7pm and we rushed over for dinner.

We had a lovely meal and saw lots of characters - Captain Hook even fed Dylan his ice cream!

We also saw Lynne & Ben (forum member Bensmum) which was lovely but also a shame as they were leaving the next day and would have been nice to meet up with them another time :(

After a lovely dinner we headed off to the Disney Village for a bit of shopping and eventually went back to our hotel at about 10pm.  We had breakfast arranged for 7.30am and thought after Dylan falling asleep we would change it with reception for a bit later so he could have a lie-in  :thumbs:

MONDAY 25/10/10 COMING SOON
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "i love main st"hi kelly ...really enjoying your report makes me want to go back.....i saw you at the party , i would have spoke,but we were having our photo taken with mickey at the time..well i presume it was you,i saw dylan in his costume.. and a lady behind him with minnie ears and a black coat , but didnt see you the rest off the night...but looking at your photos we must have been yards away from each other but on the other side off the street for the cavalcade , my daughter was dressed as ursula and son as wizard mickey , i was maleficent and hubby captain jack , just incase you saw us...it was a good night wasnt it, absolutly frezzing, but good..and the weather on the sat night,,haha..we were just queing for small world when the heavens opened...i love thunder and lightning , so stood watching it in my favorite place was for me fantastic...
Ah what a shame! I think I may have seen you because I remember pointing out someone dressed as Maleficent to Dylan and you definately saw us then  :D  Will have to look at the other calvacade photos & see if i can see you :D
We had such an amazing time and I had totally forgotten about the thunder and lightning!
I can't believe only a week ago we were still there! We are going back for christmas ( which Dylan doesnt know about) which means the holiday blues I had when we got back have disappeared as I know we are going again in a few weeks :D
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

loladelorean

I'm loving your trip report! Dylan seems to be having sooo much fun, and the character interaction is great :) And WOW that Dr Facilier outfit is amazing, bravo to you
We're off to HNY this weekend so it's great to read a TR of someone who stayed there.
Can't wait for the rest, thanks for sharing.
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "loladelorean"I'm loving your trip report! Dylan seems to be having sooo much fun, and the character interaction is great :) And WOW that Dr Facilier outfit is amazing, bravo to you
We're off to HNY this weekend so it's great to read a TR of someone who stayed there.
Can't wait for the rest, thanks for sharing.
We loved the HNY, Dylan said it's the best hotel he has EVER stayed in! We didn't have a room with a view or anything but that wasn't a problem. The rooms are nice and big and we didn't have any noise either.
Hope you have a great trip xx
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

dagobert

Thanks for the updates.

It seems you used the balcony behind the sitting area of the castle stage to make the parade pictures. We used it during our visits as well.

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "dagobert"Thanks for the updates.

It seems you used the balcony behind the sitting area of the castle stage to make the parade pictures. We used it during our visits as well.
We have always used that balcony as people cant push you out of the way like they do everywhere else! We decided to stand on Main street on our last day, got a spot 45 mins beforehand and by the time the parade came I was standing behind Dylan! People are so rude, Definately wont make that mistake again and should have known better really!
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

SwipatronSparks

sounds like you had so much fun!i have never been to MNSSHP before but i would love to try and get there one time... =] i cant wait to go on my trip now! its getting ever closer =]
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "SwipatronSparks"sounds like you had so much fun!i have never been to MNSSHP before but i would love to try and get there one time... =] i cant wait to go on my trip now! its getting ever closer =]
It was fantastic Swipes, if you can go it's definately worth doing :D
Not long for you now, under 3 months, It will fly by, especially with christmas in between :thumbs:
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

kelly.dylan

MONDAY 25/10/10

We went down for breakfast at 9am, later than most days as Dylan was so tired! We saw Launchpad on the way out and although Dylan had no idea who he was had a quick photo!

We then went to the park for the last 30 mins of EMH and went on Peter pan and the Dumbos as there were no queues.

At 10am we went over to Walt Disney Studios.  We wanted to try the rides in Toy Story Playland but RC Racer had a 45min queue, Slinky dog was 30 minutes and the Parachutes hadn't opened. The area for the parachutes was roped off with a few people waiting so we thought we would hang around until it opened! Well we shouldnt have bothered really as it turned out there was a problem and after 15 minutes deciding to leave it.
We wandered round to Studio Tram Tour which only had a 10 minute wait and we got on the 2nd tram which was good.  We have been on the tram tour a couple of times but this time the effects seemed to be much better (wont say more than that just in case you havent been on it before)  ;)

We didnt spend much time in the studios as the rides seemed to have such long queues. ToT was 45 mins, Crush 75 mins and although Dylan wanted to do both he said he didnt want to waste a couple of hours queueing for 2 rides (which i was fine with as i dread the day there is no queue and i have to do them!!! :oops: )

Dylan had a few photos with Mickey Mouse and Stitch

And then we headed back to Disneyland Park

We got a nice spot for the Villains Halloween show today

We went round to Discoveryland to see the new WALLE-E statue and Dylan wanted to get a toffee apple as they had all sold out yesterday :(

We also saw some characters in Discoveryland (Dylan said they are RARE because of the outfits :lol: )

Although we didnt see Darth Vader or Chewbacca who also were apparantly about over the weekend  :(

And just before 5 we went for Dinner at Walts.  We had a nice table by the window and Dylan loved watching the parade go past whilst eating his dinner.  He wasnt very keen on the menu as there was only a few choices but decided on the breaded fish and said it was lovely :D My steak was lovely too and the puddings were delicious :D

We stayed in the park until around 9pm again tonight

And then went back to our hotel and took a drink from the bar up to our room :thumbs:

I told Dylan to make sure he enjoyed his 8 Euro drink!!!  :shock:

TUESDAY 26/10/10 COMING SOON
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

lauramumof3

awww great photos i just cant wait to go-2 weeks on sunday!
Been to DLP many times when I was little and now with my own children. First time 1992 and th last time was 2012! Going in  November 2017, so exited cant wait :-)

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "lauramumof3"awww great photos i just cant wait to go-2 weeks on sunday!
You will have a fantastic time, especially with it being christmas :D The first photos of the christmas decorations look great! I cant wait to go back :D
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

lauramumof3

does dylan know hes going again?

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "lauramumof3"does dylan know hes going again?
Not for christmas! ;) How i have kept it a secret i dont know but i have made up a sort of invitation that i am going to give him as an early christmas present along with the Eurostar tickets! I cant wait to see his face :D
He knows we are going in february as we are taking my mum with us for her first time so i have kept the suitcases out and have that trip as an excuse ;)
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad