Paris and DLP June 13th-17th

Started by Laura678, July 07, 2010, 04:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laura678

Day 5 - Thursday 17th June

So we had reached our final day  :(  Jason and I got up early for the EMH. We walked to the parks as we suspected the buses would be hectic! It wasn't too busy at all due to a light reain falling. We headed to Peter Pan first! Mam and Barry still weren't up at 8 am so they said they would follow us in! After Peter Pan we decided to ride it again instead of waiting in the rain. I feel that Peter Pan has been neglected and is in need of a refurb! The track is so bumpy. I do remember the "flight" being less turbulent!

We then met up with Mam and Barry and headed to the teacups. Jason wasn't feeling too well so he waited outside and took photos while we were on it. There was no queue so we went a second time.

Afterwards Mam and Barry went to Peter Pan while Jason and I went to It's a Small World. Then we all went on Buzz! It was Mam's first time... She thought it was great. By this time it was 9:30 and we still had to go back to the room and pack the rest of our stuff. Jason and I headed back to the hotel and Mam and Barry stayed behind as Barry wanted to ride Space Mountain one more time before we left!

Jason and I managed to grab a quick breakfast in the hotel before we went back to our room. We were a bit late leaving our room... 5 minutes to be exact! Outside our room were 3 men waiting to clean it! We all left our luggage in the Baggagerie and headed to WDS and got FP's for the TOT. Then we went on the R'n'RC and then queued for the TOT. Afterwards we grabbed a quick bite before it was time to use our FP's for the TOT. We did a bit of shopping and then left WDS.

It was then time to go to Parc Disneyland as we had reservations at Walt's for an early dinner. It was at this point that I got to see the new Showtime Spectacle. I thought the show was good. It was cool to see so many characters at once...

Just as the show had finished it was time to go to Walt's. I met the rest of my family at the restaurant as they looked through the shops while I was watching the show. I love Walt's. We got a table by the window which I had requested the day beforehand. We were in the Discoveryland room. However, we needn't have requested it as we were the only people in our room!

I must say our waiter was fantastic! It is a shame that I can't remember his name. He was really friendly. The menu was mouth watering. It was hard to decide what to get! To start I had a goat's cheese starter. I just cannot get enough of goat's cheese when in France! Mam and Barry had the caeser salad and then regretted not getting the same starter as me. Jason had prawns wrapped in stringy potatoes. For our mains both Mam and I decided to have the steak which came with lemon buttered baby potatoes. I really enjoyed all the steak I had in DLP. The cook it very well! Barry had the duck which looked nice, although I felt that the portion was a bit small and there were not enough potatoes with it. Jason had Walt's Gourmet Burger which looked scrumptious! I love the little jar of tomato ketchup that comes with the burger. It is almost too nice looking to open! After a lovely meal we did some last minute shopping before heading back to the hotel. Barry wanted to go to Annette's and get some Ben and Jerry's which he had not had a chance to do during the trip. We were waiting for the VEA shuttle to CDG when a man in a taxi pulled over and asked were we going to CDG. We said yeah and he said he would give us a better price than the bus, he just had to go to the Dream Castle and pick up 3 other people. I was a bit cautious about this and Mam asked to see some I.D. He didn't have any, but he showed us his company's business card. At this point Barry said he "needed to use the restroom" and he went into the hotel to ask was the company safe. He came back out and he said yea. So we got the taxi to the Airport. He tried to convince my Mam that the bus was €18 per person, but I knew it was €17! I debated it with him and told him I had used the bus a few months ago... I also said that the bus would be here in a few minutes so he could take us for €17 each or we would take the bus. I didn't mind paying €18 to go to the airport in an almost private car where we could sleep, but he was trying to pull a fast one! So we all clambered into the minibus and headed to the Dream Castle where we picked up a lovely family. There was the Mam and Dad and a little girl who was about 4 or 5 who was so sweet! It was nice to see where the Dream Castle etc are located.  A few minutes after we had left the Dream Castle I conked out! I woke up outside Terminal 2! We got dropped off at Terminal 1 and found our check-in area. At 4pm French time my results from my college exams would be available online! So when I found an internet kiosk in the airport I sat down and waited desperately for the man using to finish it! Finally he finished up and I popped in a €1. I logged on and I found out that......................................I had passed all my exams!! No repeats for me! 2nd year Law here I come! :D

We checked in very quickly and then went straight through security. I got perfume for myself and aftershave for Jason as a surprise and also got aftershave for my Dad for Father's day. We were almost the last people to board the plane home. We weren't hungry until the stewards came around with food! I got a ham and cheese panini again, and Jason got the Mexican wrap. We shared a can of Pringles and we were homeward bound!

Another great holiday had come to end, but we knew that it would not be too long before we were flying back to see Mickey Mouse!

A bientôt!
[size=150]All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them - Walt Disney[/size]

norhel

Sounds like you had a beautiful time in DLP.
And, congratulations with the exams! :-D
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

fairymom

Lovely trip report.

We were there from 16th to 20th and I was looking in your last 2 days photos to see if we were in the background of any of them.  :lol:  We weren't though. I remember the sun on the 16th and the light rain on the morning of the 17th. We had breakfast in Plaza Gardens that morning.

Overall sounds like you had a really lovely time!

tubbsy

Great report. Love the idea of the surprise present-might do that with my lot-each be allocated a person to buy for, it'd be fun :D
Wish I spoke French better, I do try but the CMs take pity and speak English after a while! :lol:
The waiter in Walts sounds brilliant and the food sounds Yum!
And congratulations on your exam results. Perfect end to the holiday.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Laura678

Quote from: "norhel"Sounds like you had a beautiful time in DLP.
And, congratulations with the exams! :-D

We had a fantastic time! And thanks! It was great to find out I had passed the year! Imagine the flight home if I had failed an exam! I would have been miserable!

Quote from: "fairymom"Lovely trip report.

We were there from 16th to 20th and I was looking in your last 2 days photos to see if we were in the background of any of them.  :lol:  We weren't though. I remember the sun on the 16th and the light rain on the morning of the 17th. We had breakfast in Plaza Gardens that morning.

Overall sounds like you had a really lovely time!

Yeah we had a great time... Even if there was rain on the morning of the 17th! :o)

Quote from: "tubbsy"Great report. Love the idea of the surprise present-might do that with my lot-each be allocated a person to buy for, it'd be fun :D
Wish I spoke French better, I do try but the CMs take pity and speak English after a while! :lol:
The waiter in Walts sounds brilliant and the food sounds Yum!
And congratulations on your exam results. Perfect end to the holiday.

Thanks. I love the surprise present! It is really fun doing secret shopping!
Ha ha. I think the CMs like to practice their English just as much as we like to practice our French!
Walts was great as always... We had the place to ourselves!
Thanks very much. I was delighted to find out I had passed everything!  :D
[size=150]All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them - Walt Disney[/size]

Terkina

Great trip report.  The report gave me a lot of ideas on what to do in the parks  :D/
Disneyland 1981, 1986
Walt Disney World 1986, 1990
Disneyland Paris 1995, 2011

toritinker

just caught up with your trip report, sounds like you had an amazing time!! love the idea of secret prezzies hehe, think we will be doing that :)
thanks for sharing your trip xx
Sante Fe - December 2008
Radisson Blu Disneyland Paris - August 2010

never2old

Hmmm, I love the lemon buttered baby potatoes in Walt's!

What a great trip, thank you for sharing it with us! And I love your pictures, you all look like your having a fab time.

And congrats on your exams :)

SwipatronSparks

sounds like you had a great trip =] and you have me wanting jack daniels and coke now XD

you got some great pics too... i love the BTM one =]
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....