Disneyland Paris in the Media

Started by Adam, September 20, 2010, 04:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam

Thought that this may be a useful topic to report any newspaper/magazine articles and features on the radio and TV with Disneyland Paris.

For starters, The Gadget Show will be at Disneyland Paris testing compact cameras with interchangeable lenses. The episode is on tonight, 8pm, Channel 5, and repeated throughout the week and on Demand Five.

Festival Disney

ahh thanks for sharing this, I had no idea! *pops downstairs and puts it on record* :D
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

CafeFantasia

I recorded it. It was alright, but they didn't show much other either park. All you really saw was the Tower of Terror and Sleeping Beauty Castle. Oh, and they talked about going on Big Thunder Mountain, only to show one of the presenters on the Temple of Peril.

i love main st

I watched the show after reading your post last night , i just made it....i know what you mean...wasnt really that much, but what i did love was when she was taking the photos infront of the castle you could hear main street music behind her, that made me happy as i love all the differnt sounds that immerse you whilst there.... :)

SwipatronSparks

yeah i noticed that they said BTM then showed the temple of peril =] lols
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

Festival Disney

I agree about it being nothing special, but atleast it was something :P
I think what they could have done was held off the filming until TSPL was opened and then taken the pictures there and it could have been a sort of advertisment for the resort?
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

CafeFantasia

@Festival Disney

Exactly. That's what Disney used to do, invite TV shows (such as Blue Peter and Newsround) to try out their latest attractions. DLP's appearance on the Gadget Show didn't do much to promote the resort. The only two rides that were shown in action were two of the worst: Temple of Peril and Flying Carpets Over Agrabah!

I'll have to go back and re-watch the recording, but it seemed like they used as much time to show St Pancras International as they did to show Disneyland Paris.

bigrossco

I am actuly very angry at Channel 5 and Gadget Show saying they were going to ride Big Thunder Mountian but NO they went on Temple of Peril

I am right now looking for some way to contact the show to compalin about this! will let you know if I find an address and think we should all do the same!

UPDATE

only email I could find is fwd@five.tv have now sent an email!
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

CafeFantasia

Why are you angry? It was probably a story/continuity mistake made in the edit.

SwipatronSparks

i think that challenge was quite.... pathetic to be honest compared to how they usually tackle a challenge, i think it was quite disapointing =/

@bigrosso.... what did you put in the email you sent???

and be sure to tell us what they respond with
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

dagobert

I'm not sure if anyone knows the German TV show "Wetten Dass" (Betting That....). It is a Saturday evening show in which people bet that they can do something. It's really big in Germany and Austria and many celebreties from around the world are in the show to perform a song or are just part of the show.

If I'm not mistaken the show was once in Disneyland Paris. They used the Stuntshow Theatre in WDS.

There was also a 10 minutes show on the German TV station ProSieben called "Disney Filmparade". It featured attractions, hotels, shows or backstage specials. Afterwards there was a Disney Channel movie.

bigrossco

I am very disappointed in The Gadget Show from last night (22nd September 2010)

You featured Disneyland Paris on the show, and advised the viewers you were going to test the 'action shot' of the camara's with Big Thunder Mountain however, the ride you infact featured for this part of the was not Big Thunder Mountain and was infact Temple of Peril

At no stage was this corrected and misleading that you were taking photos and testing with Big Thunder Mountain.

Sorry not sure of who to send this to or the correct department within Five or who to contact re the show.

maybe a bit strong but like to get my point taken accross they could of at leaast noticed the mistake!
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Adam

With regards to waiting until TSPL was open to film, The Gadget Show is filmed in advance, as they have a lot to film with the challenges, so I expect it was not possible to wait until it was open.

By the way, Blue Peter visited TSPL on an show a few weeks back.

CafeFantasia

"By the way, Blue Peter visited TSPL on an show a few weeks back."

They did? Anyone have a video of it?

Btw, the entire episode of the Gadget Show is on YouTube. You have to physically be in the UK though to view it:

[youtube:3lm65bqz]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPtwa5IKkF4&list=SL[/youtube:3lm65bqz]

Adam

No longer on iplayer.