Beauty and the Beast - Diamond Edition

Started by Pete's Dragon, September 02, 2010, 09:32:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete's Dragon

Well November is nearly upon us, and with it will come th release of 'the only animated film ever nominated for best picture Oscar'

So to wet your appetite, here's a list of the specail features that are available with the blu-ray version. My first reaction OMG !!

DVD Disc

Three versions of the film:
Special Extended Edition
Original Theatrical Release
Work in Progress Edition (with intro by Don Hahn)
Music & More - Disney Sing-Along Mode
Classic DVD Bonus Features - View film with commentary by Directors Kirk Wise and Gary Trousdale, Producer Donh Hahn and Composer Alan Menken

Blu-ray Disc One

Three versions of the film
Backstage Disney: Diamond Edition - Composing a Classic: A Musical Conversation with Alan Menken, Don Hahn & Richard Kraft
Deleted Scenes:
Introduction to alternate story open by Peter Schneider
Alternate Story Open
Introduction to Deleted Scene by Roger Allers
Belle In The Library
Family Play: Broadway Beginnings
Music & More: Disney Sing-Along Mode (Sing Along with all your favourite songs. The worlds pop-up on the screen - available for all film versions)
Music Video from The Disney Channel
Classic DVD Bonus Features View film with commentary by Directors Kirk Wise and Gary Trousdale, Producer Don Hahn and Composer Alan Menken

Blu-ray Disc Two

Backstage Disney: Diamond Edition - Beyond Beauty: The untold stories behind making Beauty & The Beast
Games & Activities: Enchanted Musical Challenge: A Disney Quest Game
Classic DVD Bonus Features:
The story behind the story
Introduction
Cinderella
The Lion King
Pocahontas
The Jungle Book
Sleeping Beauty
Mulan
The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Conclusion (with credits)
Beauty & The Beast Music Video: Performed by Celine Dion & Peabo Bryson (With intro by Celine Dion)
Early Presentation Reel (with intro by Don Hahn)
Alternate Version: "Be Our Guest" (with intro by Don Hahn)
Alternate Score: The Transformation (with intro by Alan Menken)
Deleted Song:
Introduction to Deleted Song: "Human Again"
By Don Hahn - story
By Alan Menken - Music
Deleted Song "Human Again"
Animation:
Animation Tests, Rough & Clean Ups
The Transformation: Pencil Version (with intro by Don Hahn)
A Transformation : Glen Keane
Camera Move Test (with intro by Don Hahn)
Trailers & TV Spots:
Introduction by Don Hahn
Original Release Trailer
Large Format Release Trailer

I haven't checked the other retailers, but at play.com it also comes with a limited edition pairs card game

peep

WANT!!!!!!!!

It looks like they have pulled out all the stops for this release. Can't wait to get my hands on a copy.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

dagobert

I just bought the "Beauty and the Beast" DVD. At first I wanted to get the Blu Ray Disc but I didn't want to pay 10 Euros more for nearly the same Extras.

I almost bought Fantasia and Fantasia 2000, but I think I will wait until they will be cheaper.

Aveen2008

The normal dvd isnt being released until the end of november though :(  where as the blu-ray versions are out tomorrow
Luv Aveen xoxo

dagobert

Quote from: "Aveen2008"The normal dvd isnt being released until the end of november though :(  where as the blu-ray versions are out tomorrow

Here in Austria the Beauty and the Beast DVD and Blu Ray are already available along with Fantasia and Fantasia 2000 on DVD and Blu Ray since Friday.

pussinboots

At last! Although I just saw the DVD cover — awful. I don't know what they're thinking with all those over-airbrushed new covers. Belle doesn't look herself:
http://www.amazon.com/Beauty-Beast-Two- ... 554&sr=8-1

Anyway, these are the DVD extras I've been waiting for, so yay.

Pete's Dragon

Just have to say how impressed I am with the whole Beauty and the Beast Blu-ray Diamond Edition. I must have spent 20mins watching the 3-d menu tour of the castle (I was kinda hoping the beast would jump out somewhere).

The picture quality is on a par with The Princess and the Frog, I couldn't find a single fault with the clean-up job they've done and not once did I spot any grainy background colours. And the sound is crystal clear, sadly I haven't got 7.1 sound to fully enjoy it but 5.1 does nicely.

As for the special features - it's a bit annoying that they are split over the 2 discs. But having the links on each disc (and not having to fully load the disc from scratch) was a nice touch. I especially enjoyed the main featurette. The focus on  Howard Ashman was very moving and brought a tear to my eye.

And to top it off, the Sneak Peak included next autumn's release, The Lion King. And from what I saw the quality is gonna be astonding. Time to put my Lion King DVD on sale on Ebay, and use it to buy the Blu-Ray.

All in all, a fantastic blu-ray (birthday present). 10/10 !! =D>  =D>

lil-shawn

Didn´t bought it yet, am not sure if i should get the Blu-ray or wait for the Blu-ray - Blu-ray 3D combo....