UK PIN MEETS

Started by simonandwendy626, August 26, 2010, 10:50:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

simonandwendy626

Hi Everyone! :hello:

This will be your link to pin meets organised by one of the Trading groups around the UK. But feel free to add to it if your groups have meets.

There will be a pin meet on the 3rd of October at the Cardiff DS. It starts at 10am and finishes about midday.

Hope to see some of you there :D

:stitch: Wendy

Martin B

How can I find out if I have a local pin trading group??

Martin
@DisneyMart - Follow me on twitter and I\'ll tweet live from Disneyland Paris and other Disney locations on our magical adventures... www.twitter.com/DisneyMart

Stitch2814

where are you from Martin as someone here could tell you if there is one or not.

But saying that there is quite a few on facebook and many people join multiple groups even if not from the same area.

I have a pin meet coming up in Manchester in November and thats been posted on the Manchester Groups page.

Martin B

Hi there,

I am based in Stratford Upon Avon in the Midlands.

Thanks,

Martin  :D
@DisneyMart - Follow me on twitter and I\'ll tweet live from Disneyland Paris and other Disney locations on our magical adventures... www.twitter.com/DisneyMart

Martin B

Does anybody know if there are any official meets planned similar to the Milton Keynes event. I missed out on that one, but would be very interested in attending a similar even with a pin signing or new pin release.

Would like to hear any rumours or of actual plans.

Regards,

Martin

simonandwendy626

Guys

We have just heard some exciting news,next April 30th and the 1st May there will be a 2 day pin meet in Birmingham dont have the location details or who is organising this meet but this will be one big event over the 2 days, has anyone else heard anything???

I will contact my source and see if there is any more details she can provide

Regards

Simon and Wendy

Martin B

:D/  :D/  :D/

Fantastic news, can't wait for an update!!

Martin

daxyboy

hi, its mousemeets they organised a similar event in manchester last year

Stitch2814

I might have to look at going to this but all depends on costs etc and if Im going to DLRP when other half goes to San Diego XD would love to attend though.

Eager_Eyes

I'd like to come along to the event in Birmingham if it goes ahead - if I find out the official deets far enough in advance then I can book cheap day return train tickets.

It would be nice if for official meets if we get any more that is that they told us a good month or two in advance to arrange time off and travel.  

I'll more than likely come along to Danny's meet in Manc next month provided it doesn't clash with my friend's bday event which I think will be ok cos its more then likely he'll want to go out in the evening and not the day time so I can just go home straight after the meet.

simonandwendy626

Aloha :stitch:

A bit more info on the Birmingham meet next year.
Apparently at the last Mousemeet it was a bit hit and miss with the pin trading. They were stuck at the back and there wasn't really a lot going on.
The next meet however there will be a seperate room/s which will "open 48 hours" ooh the joys of midnight trading :lol:
Seriously, however it will be a major pin fest me thinks.
Sam is getting more info all the time and it could be an excellent weekend.
We will keep you informed as and when we get anything new.

Aloha

Martin B

This Birmingham pin meet fits in quite nicely with the bumper bank holdiay period we are going to be having then!! Hopefully more people will come as they will have no work on the Friday and Monday!

Thanks William and Kate!  :thumbs:

scar'sgal

I heard that at Mousemeets last year, the pin traders were stuck at the back of the room with very little room for pin trading.  They were also accused of making too much noise and stealing scrapper pins that the organisers wanted to sell for charity???

I heard it was very badly organised by people who did not know anything about pin trading

Stitch2814

I heard it was a great event overall. Most of my in friends went to it and I heard it was a good event as they came back with good pins.

My manchester pin meet had a good turn out and a few new faces, I didnt have my phone to take pictures and everyone else was too busy looking at pins hahaha everyone left with new pins and was happy :) shallbe organising one a week before Mousemeets for those that cant attend mousemeets.

treble

is there ever one in nottingham?
just like alice you\'re in wonderland