15th, 16th, 17th and 18th August 2010 Sam's trip report

Started by disneylandparisgirl, August 21, 2010, 05:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

disneylandparisgirl

Hello everyone,

This is my first ever trip report!

Our family now consists of Me, mum and my sister Jocelyn. My parents split last year so this was our first holiday just the 3 of us!  :thumbs:

This is me and Jocelyn! (in that order)

I'm 22 (soon to be 23) and Jocelyn is 14!

Our holiday started on Saturday 14th August when our Grandparents took us to dinner/lunch to fill us up ready for our long journey! We left Swindon at 4pm to give us loads of time to get down to Dover ready for our crossing at 23.30!

We made it down there in plenty of time and our crossing was nice and smooth except for the 3 coach loads of kids on the ferry it would of been perfect!  :roll:

The car journey from Calais to the park seemed to take no time at all but as we moved through France the rain got heavier and heavier but we finally arrived at 7.30 am all of us very excited!

Will continue later this evening!
August 1997 offsite
August 1998 Cheyenne
May 1999 Disneyland hotel
July 2004 Cheyenne
August 2007 offsite
August 2010 Santa Fe
August 2011 Santa Fe
September 2015 Sequoia Lodge

tubbsy

3 coach loads of kids running round whilst your trying to seelp???? Lovely!
It'll be interesting to compare what you and Jocelyn enjoyed or didnt enjoy

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

disneylandparisgirl

Quote from: "tubbsy"3 coach loads of kids running round whilst your trying to seelp???? Lovely!
It'll be interesting to compare what you and Jocelyn enjoyed or didnt enjoy

We only had an hour and a half crossing so it wasn't too bad!

I think its going to be more a case of what I remember and what she remembers!   :lol:
My trip report notebook was still in use long after she gave up  :roll:
August 1997 offsite
August 1998 Cheyenne
July 2004 Cheyenne
August 2007 offsite
August 2010 Santa Fe
August 2011 Santa Fe

tubbsy

Quote from: "disneylandparisgirl"I think its going to be more a case of what I remember and what she remembers!   :lol:
My trip report notebook was still in use long after she gave up  :roll:
:lol:
I'm hoping I'll be able to remember everything we're gonna do! Maybe I need to buy myself a notebook when we get there to write everything down! OOH! another reason to spend money! :lol:

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

disneylandparisgirl

Hello everyone,

Sorry this is taking so long we've been having lots of visitors and now have new kittens (Hatter and Chez)!  :D/

Ok so we arrived at the Santa Fe at 7.30 Sunday morning and it was raining a lot!

but we really didn't care because we were finally at Disneyland after so many months of planning!

We went to the desk to check in and our cast member was fantastic she moved us room to one that was available right away so we could put our stuff in the room and get cleaned up! We could use the extra magic hours straight away so we hopped on the shuttlebus and made our way to the park!

We went straight to City Hall to get my mum's disabled pass! They have changed it since we were there last time before it said how many people there were in your party now it says how many you can take on each ride and only lets 1 other person into the parade viewing area which when there is 3 of us 1 has to stand alone!  :(

We started off our trip in Fantasyland we went through the castle and jumped straight onto the carousel with no queue then me and Jocelyn went on Peter Pan's Flight! Then across to Discoveryland for mum's first time on BLLB! She was able to go on in her wheelchair the car they have for wheelchairs is really cool and much better than I expected! I won despite mum's cheating (she kept putting her hand over my gun) the cast members were fantastic and could not of been more helpful and friendly!  :thumbs:

As extra magic hours had pretty much finished we headed over to our favourite place for drinks at Market House Deli to grab some breakfast we sat in Discovery Arcade and people watched for a while (one of our favourite activities) and enjoyed a very needed hot chocolate!

Next we did a lap of the main street shops to have a look at what to spend our money on and get Jocelyn's autograph book and pen. We have to just window shop on the first day otherwise all our money would be gone!
 :lol:  :oops:  

We made our way over to Frontierland as Jocelyn was nervous and eager to have her first go on Phantom Manor before when we would go she would have hystrics just getting near the house! We had no queue and just walked on to it. We had watched videos online of the ride to help her get ready and we both loved it I had not been on this ride for over a decade due to Jocelyn's fear (not keen going on rides on my own) and it was fanatastic!

Next we made our way over to BTM and it only had a 15min wait and we had never tried it in the rain before (it would normally be shut I think) and it was amazing! The feel of not just the wind on your face but the rain as well was incredible!  :-D

We also found some loos we never knew about hidden away under Fort Comstock and discovered the beautiful waterfall we didn't know was behind the teepees

and a couple of pics from Phantom Manor

I love how the park still looks great even in the rain!  :D

We thought as our queues had been so short in Frontierland we would check out PotC! As we made our way across Adventureland we popped into see Aladdin as Jocelyn had not seen this before (wouldn't go in as it was dark) and she loved looking round this and the detail in the models!

We went passed to pirate ship and were appalled at its condition the refurb cant come soon enough! We decided not to take pictures of the ship on this visit, we didn't want the reminder of how bad they had let it get (this was 1 of the very few negatives we had during the trip) none of the pics we'd seen on here had shown just how bad the damage looks!

We got to PotC and walked onto it! We had never seen the park so quiet (or so wet we only really go in summer) there seemed to be lots of people about but very few queues! We stopped by to see the dragon my sister loves dragons so this was not our only visit! Grabbed another hot drink and made our way out of the park on our way to studios park!

As we emerged from Discovery arcade the character train was just approaching! We hadn't seen this before we always missed it during 15th Anniversary (last time we were there) the bright train looked great and still really bright in the rain!

Will do part 2 later today!
August 1997 offsite
August 1998 Cheyenne
July 2004 Cheyenne
August 2007 offsite
August 2010 Santa Fe
August 2011 Santa Fe

figaro

great so far cant wait to read more :) xx
disney fund 25/08/10 - 4nights/5days at santa fe 16th November 2010 PAID
disney spends - £0 (lol)

SophieD

awesome trip report so far!! great pics! :D
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

tinker_fairy

Sounds great so far! Sam, I knew you and you're family were going on the 15th, because if you remember that was the last day of our trip. We had BEAUTIFUL weather all holiday except that last day where it DID NOT STOP! we were all a little down because of the weather, and I couldn't help thinking about you when we were there. It must have been a little disheartening with the weather. I know if it was like then when I arrived I would have been a little dissapointed :/ but looking forward to the rest of the trip! xx
NEXT DISNEY TRIP BOOKED!!

July/August 2013 :D

Just back from the best holiday yet \":D\"

disneylandparisgirl

Thanks!

Day 1 Part2

We got into studio's park which was much busier than Disneyland Park had been! Our first stop was the waiting times board to see what the queues were like here! Crush was 50 mins (no surprise) but the queue fot ToT was just 5mins! So it was time to attempt the ride that scared me the most!

For those of you who don't know I have very bad lift fear! I have walked many flights of stairs to avoid going in a lift! So I had been dreading this ride since I'd booked the trip but this was Jocelyn's birthday trip and I'd promised her a great birthday so I HAD to do this ride! I thank everyone who gave me advice in trip planning because without you guys I would never of got in the building!  :thumbs:

I loved the themeing and the pre-show was very good! In the pre-show our cast member was Bob who was really good, very creepy! I took it one step at a time and ignored the ride bit until it was too late to do anything. I checked and double-checked both mine and my sister's straps were done up properly. the moment of panic didn't come until the lift started moving by which time it was too late so I just held on white knuckle tight to my handles and tried to enjoy the ride. I won't give too much more away here but I loved it. I was shaking when we came off but I was so glad I'd gone through with it because if I hadn't I would of really regretted it. Here is the proof!

Jocelyn and Me our first ever ToT ride!

We did some shopping in the ToT shop (managed to buy Jocelyn's birthday present without her seeing) checked out the queue times but were starting to feel a bit tired now so decided to leave studios for the day and head to Disney Village to do some more window shopping and get something to eat.

We went to Annette's Diner for and early dinner that night (about 4pm). We had never been in here before but on the recommendations we had read on here we thought we'd give it a go. As calories don't exist in Disneyland (been dieting for 3 years and lost 6 stone) I had a cheese burger, mum had a bacon cheese burger and Jocelyn had a hotdog. The food was fantastic, we really enjoyed the atmosphere of Annette's and had definately found a new favourite place to eat!

Jocelyn and Me in Annette's Diner

By the time we finished in Annette's (we really take our time with meals) it was still pouring down with rain and our very long day was starting to catch up with us so we decided to head back to the hotel and crash for the night as we had now been up for abot 36 hours and really needed some sleep.
August 1997 offsite
August 1998 Cheyenne
July 2004 Cheyenne
August 2007 offsite
August 2010 Santa Fe
August 2011 Santa Fe

disneylandparisgirl

Quote from: "tinker_fairy"Sounds great so far! Sam, I knew you and you're family were going on the 15th, because if you remember that was the last day of our trip. We had BEAUTIFUL weather all holiday except that last day where it DID NOT STOP! we were all a little down because of the weather, and I couldn't help thinking about you when we were there. It must have been a little disheartening with the weather. I know if it was like then when I arrived I would have been a little dissapointed :/ but looking forward to the rest of the trip! xx

We didn't mind the weather too much we we're just excited to finally be in Disneyland. It was our first trip for 3 years and it wasn't very cold just very very wet! I was amazed at how much rain there was, but it kept the crowds away so nice short queues on a weekend in the middle of August  :thumbs:

We always try to see the positive side of things!  :D
August 1997 offsite
August 1998 Cheyenne
July 2004 Cheyenne
August 2007 offsite
August 2010 Santa Fe
August 2011 Santa Fe

missbounce

Yeah - rain can be a blessing sometimes!  Some of my fondest Disney memories involve the parks in the rain - hubby and I have a fab picture of us all wrapped up in our dodgy Disney ponchos on Main Street in Orlando - it is absolutely pouring but we have the biggest, cheesiest grins on our faces - that Disney magic sure does work!
[size=150]Little Miss Bounce[/size]

disneylandparisgirl

Day 2 Jocelyn's Birthday

We had 7am breakfast cards so up early after a great nights sleep to find that it was STILL raining. However it was time to give Jocelyn her present. We got her a nightmare before xmas hoddie from the park and she was really surprised as she didn't think she was getting any presents because we were away for her birthday! We had breakfast at the hotel and got the shuttle bus to the park and got there just after 8am. We went to City Hall first to book her birthday meal. She had finally decided she wanted her meal at Cafe Mickey and we got the birthday cake as well!

We started extra magic hours in Discoveryland instead today first Jocelyn and me went on Space Mountain while mum stayed in the shop then all of us onto BLLB I rode on my own but mum and Jocelyn wouldn't tell me what they got so I think I won again! We got talking to some people we had seen at breakfast in the Santa Fe. A man and his son who were from England as well, the dad had health problems so could not go on many rides like my mum couldn't. The 3 of us then went over to Fantasyland for the rest of extra magic hours. We grabbed a coffee and headed to Studios ready for its 10am opening.

In studios we had a 30 min queue for Crush's Coaster, RNRC 5min queue and then straight into Art of Animation with mum and her card and then Jocelyn persuaded me to go on ToT again as it only had a 10 min queue I enjoyed it much more this time and its now one of my favourite rides  :thumbs:

We headed back to the main park to do some major shopping :D
After this we went to Woody's round up!

I'm a big Woody fan

and then some fun with Bullseye

We all then went on Phantom Manor (mum's first time) and then slowly made our way to Cafe Mickey doing more shopping as we went! (Shopping was a major part of our holiday  ;) )
As we were shopping in Disney Village we met the people we'd met earlier in the day and after chatting for a while decided to meet in the morning and have breakfast together.
August 1997 offsite
August 1998 Cheyenne
July 2004 Cheyenne
August 2007 offsite
August 2010 Santa Fe
August 2011 Santa Fe

dagobert

Nice trip report and thanks for the pictures. I'm sorry for the bad weather, but it seems you had a great time despite the bad weather.

disneylandparisgirl

The weather did get better! It also a good thing queues were no existent due to the rain so we got to do more rides! I will get the rest of it up soon but back at uni now so its taking a bit longer. I'm trying to get my pictures a bit smaller as well!
August 1997 offsite
August 1998 Cheyenne
July 2004 Cheyenne
August 2007 offsite
August 2010 Santa Fe
August 2011 Santa Fe

DisneyMAD..Woops

Great trip report (:
Who's that good-looking girl with the purple hair (; Just kidding, it's me :D

I cannot wait to go again this year, my trip report should be up soon :S