Themed Musicians in Adventureland!

Started by Festival Disney, August 19, 2010, 05:11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Festival Disney

Quote from Disney Gazette:
...we note at Disneyland Park, the arrival of musicians these days at the entrance to Adventureland and restaurant Agrabah Café to delve even deeper into the atmosphere:

Very pleasing news  :thumbs:
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Soap

Wow, nice small compensation of the lack of big live entertainment this season(s).... :thumbs:
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

davewasbaloo

Awesome, now this is something to get excited about!
since 2001 (many before that)

dagobert

Great news! I remember that we have seen some African drum players in Adventureland a few years ago. Are they still around? I think it was in 2006, but I'm not sure.

RnRCj

More of this please DLP! [-o<

dagobert

Now it only needs new great stage shows in the Chapparal Theatre and in Videopolis and I'm happy with the entertainment.

Kristof

Quote from: "dagobert"Great news! I remember that we have seen some African drum players in Adventureland a few years ago. Are they still around? I think it was in 2006, but I'm not sure.

Of course, they perform on the Videopolis stage and on the Lion King float in Once upon a Dream Parade.  They've been around since opening day.  :)

dagobert

Thanks Kristof! Are they playing there everyday or just when the weather is bad?

davewasbaloo

Dagobert, I believe they have two days a week off. But they are on 5 days a week every day (though I wish they were where they belonged rather than having this tenuous link of Videopolis being a place to set off on a round the world voyage).

dagobert

I remember them playing in front of the Hakuna Matata restaurant. They definately fit better into Adventureland rather than Discoveryland.

Is Videopolis still playing old Disney cartoons?

davewasbaloo

Yep, it is.

I agree, the Hakuna Matata location was perfect (or indeed they would play in Col Hathi's when wet and cold).

Here is a reminder of a less serious DWB with the Tam Tams:

[youtube:2xwdzyp3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDuFLnuZwrk[/youtube:2xwdzyp3]

And a lot more wild:

[youtube:2xwdzyp3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ_YXKGlmA0&feature=related[/youtube:2xwdzyp3]

PetiteSirene

rofl DWB! Love it! I've never seen any of the street performers at DLP :( I feel deprived lol! Then again this comes from a girl thats been 5 times and hasnt seen Cinemagique :lol: Smurfys promised he'll drag me to see it ;)

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

davewasbaloo

You must see Cinemagique, but be sure to take your hankies. At the original DL and indeed at WDW to a lesser extent, it is this sort of entertainment that makes a large part of the Disney difference. The more we see of it in DLP, the happier I get ;)

PetiteSirene

I remember seeing the street performers in what was then MGM and Animal Kingdom but I've never seen them in DLP. Then again I am never there during peak times so that might have something to do with it. Then again were were off peak in WDW. Having said that WDW has a better financial standing then DLP :lol:

Am considering a trip to DL in a few years, gotta save a bit first ;).

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

DisneyBud

When I went in July, they were advertised as performing in Videopolis, but guess where I saw the african drummers? In Adventureland where they belong! I think it was outside Hakuna Matata, but i can never rememebr all of the restaurants in Adventureland.