D23 Expo 2011 tickets go on sale tomorrow!

Started by Malin, August 18, 2010, 11:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malin

QuoteBeginning August 19, 2010, D23 Expo 2011 tickets will be available at discounted pricing, and D23 Members can enjoy additional savings, plus members-only benefits. Tickets for next year's event will fall into three different pricing tiers, based on purchase dates. D23 also announces D23 Expo VIP packages that are only available to members and include unique benefits such as reserved seating. VIP packages are extremely limited. Check the official site for more details.

http://d23.disney.go.com/articles/08181 ... ckets.html

dagobert

I'm a member of D23 but unfortunately I can't attend the Expo. I'm sure it will be a great event like the last one.

Are there any other members here? Did anyone already attend a D23 event?

Malin

I attended the last D23 Expo and it was fun. The Imagineers did a great job of setting up on the parks and Resorts pavilon. A ton of Disney folk were in attendance giving out live presentations and revealing news and details of future expansion. Quite a few celebrities also attended to promote new projects. The last Expo made the mistake of annoucing tickets details last minute. This time I feel Disney are giving everyone plenty of notice and anyone outside of California has time to plan the trip to the Expo.

I'm planning to attend next years in Anaheim. Spend a few days at the parks and than on to the Expo. The Disneyland Resort has a ton of cool stuff opening next year including the Little Mermaid attraction, Star Tours II and Mickey's Soundsational Parade. For this Disney fan its an opportunity not to be missed.

missbounce

I'm going with my hubby next year - can't wait!  Would love to be rich enough to afford the Premier or Sorceror level tickets, but think we'll have to make do with the bog-standard 3 day tix instead - LOL!
[size=150]Little Miss Bounce[/size]

dagobert

I'm jealous! :D  I want to go there, too. You have to do a trip report after you have returned. By the way, have you already received the new fall magazine?

Malin

I recieved the new D23 Magazine today in the post. Ended up recieving the free World of Motion patch. Not really had a chance to read the Magazine yet. But it looks like a good issue.

By the way I'm happy to annouce Tickets are now on sale for the D23 Expo in 2011. I was able to pick up one of the $500 Premiere packages with no problems. Although I'm reading from MiceChat and Facebook that many Members are having trouble booking. Thanks to problems with the site. I don't expect the $500 and $1000 packages to last long. So feel really happy to have been one of the lucky ones to pick one up. :D

dagobert

Congratulations for the tickets. I've read it on Micechat, too, that they are having peoblems.  Are you a member since D23 started? I joined last December, but I bought all the magazines that were published before.

Did you have any problems with renewing the membership?

I can't wait for the new issue. I think there is an article about "Inside WDI". Hopefully it will arrive soon.

missbounce

Yep - got my issue yesterday - I had a communicore patch in mine.
[size=150]Little Miss Bounce[/size]

Malin

QuoteAre you a member since D23 started? I joined last December, but I bought all the magazines that were published before.

I have been a Member since the start. Although I question if its worth the cost all the time. If Disney were to stop the Disney Twenty Three Magazines. I think I would call it a day. Since most of the events are favoured towards Members living out in Orlando and California.

The only problem I had with renewing my Membership was how long it took for the Membership to be processed and new kit to be sent out. Now that I have signed up for one of the Member packages at the Expo, it looks like D23 will have me as a Member next year too.

By the way anyone planning to attend and buy tickets for next years Expo event, take note. Disney will be sending out credentials with first and last names on them. You will either be sent these by mail or in the case of International registrants. Information will be provided on where to pick them up from onsite.

dagobert

Quote from: "Malin"
QuoteAre you a member since D23 started? I joined last December, but I bought all the magazines that were published before.

I have been a Member since the start. Although I question if its worth the cost all the time. If Disney were to stop the Disney Twenty Three Magazines. I think I would call it a day. Since most of the events are favoured towards Members living out in Orlando and California.

The only problem I had with renewing my Membership was how long it took for the Membership to be processed and new kit to be sent out. Now that I have signed up for one of the Member packages at the Expo, it looks like D23 will have me as a Member next year too.

I got the D23 membership as a Christmas present. At that time the exchange rate for Euro/Dollar was really good and so the package wasn't that expensive anymore. Without the magazines I wouldn't be a member. They are the only reason why I'm a member, since for Europeans it is really hard to attend any events.

dagobert

Today I received the new D23 magazine. From the first look I would say it is a good issue and I can't wait to read the "Inside Walt Disney Imagineering" article.

I got the "World Of Motion" patch!

Malin

Happy to see you finally recieved the issue. I havn't had the chance to read it cover to cover yet but have already read the Journey into Imagineering article and Table for Four. Journey into Imagineering is a run article and talks to Vice President and Executive Producer for Cars Land Kathy Mangum. I really have high hopes for this 12 acre site. Plus Joe Rohde discusses Aluni Disney Resort and Spa, currently being built in Hawai.

The Table of Four article is a blast for anyone who's a Disney foodie. Tokyo Disney Resort presents every year a international culinary food event called Heart of Romance. Disney chef's around the globe are handpicked and invited to Tokyo to showcase their specialties. One of the four names included this year was Disneyland Paris Executive Chef Christophe Coutanson. Who also shares with readers a great recipe for Prawns with mixed Vegatables in a Citrus Dressing.  

This in my opinion has to be one of the best issues to date. Disney Twenty Three have really taken the feedback from fans on board since the first issue came out. Hope to see it continue.

dagobert

It is really a good issue. The Imagineering article is great, I really enjoyed the "walk through" Imagineering.

DLP should also create such a cooking event and invite chefs from all the other resorts. Maybe someone should talk to DLP's Executive Shef Christophe Coutanson that he should improve the quality of the fast food, the variety on vegeterian options. In my opinion he should also try to get rid of the princesses in Auberge de Cendrillon. Until the princesses arrived, it was one of our favorite restaurants.

Malin

QuoteMaybe someone should talk to DLP's Executive Shef Christophe Coutanson that he should improve the quality of the fast food, the variety on vegeterian options. In my opinion he should also try to get rid of the princesses in Auberge de Cendrillon. Until the princesses arrived, it was one of our favorite restaurants.

Agreed that improvements need to be made in regards to Fast Food options and quality. I understand he is under presure to provide quick and in expensive meals to park Guests that can be served up by a minimum of staff. But what is currently being served is crap. And since its mention in the Magazine that he is in charge of all menu's at the Resort. This must surely reflect badly on him.

I'm not sure how much say he has in a decision like adding Princesses to the Auberge de Cendrillon. It must be very frustrating for him as a Chef I would think to see so many Restaurants at the Resort being turned into Buffet's.

dagobert

Quote from: "Malin"
QuoteMaybe someone should talk to DLP's Executive Shef Christophe Coutanson that he should improve the quality of the fast food, the variety on vegeterian options. In my opinion he should also try to get rid of the princesses in Auberge de Cendrillon. Until the princesses arrived, it was one of our favorite restaurants.

Agreed that improvements need to be made in regards to Fast Food options and quality. I understand he is under presure to provide quick and in expensive meals to park Guests that can be served up by a minimum of staff. But what is currently being served is crap. And since its mention in the Magazine that he is in charge of all menu's at the Resort. This must surely reflect badly on him.

I'm not sure how much say he has in a decision like adding Princesses to the Auberge de Cendrillon. It must be very frustrating for him as a Chef I would think to see so many Restaurants at the Resort being turned into Buffet's.

Maybe Disney should split the responsibilities for Fast Food, Buffets, table service and Upscale table service between several chefs. I can imagine it is really hard for one person to manage everything. I'm sure they can improve the quality of the food. In my opinion the food served in table service restaurants was better a few years ago. We are not big fans of fast food and try to eat in table service restaurants, although it is more expensive.

DLRP should take a look at WDW. There they served good food in fast food restaurants and in table service restaurants. Unfortunately most of the time we ate at fast food restaurants and in the hotel food court. What a shame. But in defense I'm vegeterian and Disney serves really good veggie burgers which I can't get here.