Newt (Pixar 2012) - Cancelled

Started by Captain Pan, August 22, 2009, 07:14:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Pan

So Pixars most intriguing Movie... Pixars left Buddy Comedy... an now going all Romantic on us.... Summer 2012 now slated for with Gary Rydstrom the director & writer of Pixar Short Lifted

QuoteThe last two blue-footed newts are put together in a lab to try and "hook up," but there's one problem. They hate each other! Newt a brainy type and Brooke is more street-smart

Well Gary's Been doing a little PR for the movie already..

Stage 9 is hidden behind the Coffee Maker... and Mr Gary says it will blow your mind what Stage 9 is.

for a little close up

never2old

Who put that coffee machine there???

These Pixar people love to tease us....

peep

I'm a bit confused as to what they are showing us to be honest. It's almost like directions for a dance but it looks more like a spasm of complete randomness.

Oh well, it's Pixar, that means this will be amazing whatever they do.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Captain Pan

Quote from: "peep"I'm a bit confused as to what they are showing us to be honest. It's almost like directions for a dance but it looks more like a spasm of complete randomness.

Its a break down of their "Blue Footed" Newt's mating Call/Ritual of the male. Considering that is an under pinning theme and plot of the story Pixar have announced...

The Main Characters are quite litterally the Last 2 of the kind... And Those "I wouldn't date you if you were the last man on earth lines" could be what spurned the idea at Pixar... The Hate each other... and We have the Romantic Comedy moment... Either they procreate or they become extinct.

Pete's Dragon

Well I hope Step 9 isn't something lewd and indecent.  :lol:  :wink:

As long as Pixar remember this is a family film about reproduction.

Captain Pan

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"Well I hope Step 9 isn't something lewd and indecent.  :lol:  :wink:

As long as Pixar remember this is a family film about reproduction.

The Director says it will blow your mind...

Recent Pixar Films have been granted a PG classification in the UK... this one could go 12a... But then its animation no BBFC would do that!

Anthony

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"Well I hope Step 9 isn't something lewd and indecent.  :lol:  :wink:
Quote from: "Captain Pan"Recent Pixar Films have been granted a PG classification in the UK... this one could go 12a... But then its animation no BBFC would do that!
Haha!

It's good to see something from this film though. From the name and the plot, it felt awfully "Dreamworks" to me, a bit too easy for Pixar. Looks like they're challenging themselves after all... the first love scenes! :?

Pete's Dragon

NEWT CANCELLED !!!!

QuoteThe Pixar Blog has finally confirmed something we've suspected for quite some time, Pixar's newt has been officially canceled. The film's entry was missing from the new Disney encyclopedia Disney A to Z, and author Savid Smith confirmed to the blog that "the film has been cancelled."

Floyd Norman commented earlier this year on animation message boards that "Newt is dead", and we've been trying to get confirmation from Disney and Pixar ever since. Our e-mils were never returned. Last month Disney announced that Monsters, Inc. 2 would hit theaters in November 2012, and the previously named The Bear and the Bow which is now titled Brave, was moved to Summer 2012. newt was nowhere in the announcement.

peep

:(

I wonder why it was cancelled? Do you think they just lost faith in the story or something? Such sad news.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

AmericanMouse

This may have been due to the fact that Monsters Inc 2 is replacing it.

sebassah

MOnsters Inc 2 sounds great, hope they do the first one justice. But I was really excited for Newt to come out... hope they re-boot it some day...