TDR | OLC's Growth Plan For The Next 25 Years

Started by dagobert, October 01, 2010, 11:02:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

Take a look at this interesting article about the future of TDR:

http://www.screamscape.com/html/tokyo_disney_.htm

http://www.blooloop.com/blog/posts/amus ... -Group/184

It seems that OLC plans to invest a high amount of money. Why isn't DLRP so successful?

Between now and 2016 OLC will invest to bring new products to the resort, while between 2017 and 2021 they focus on renewals and improvements.
OLC also wants to focus on people over 40 years. Maybe someone from over there should tell DLRP management that these generations have a lot of money. So focusing only on kids, like DLRP is doing, is the wrong way.

davewasbaloo

This is why Tokyo has more appeal that the other parks to me right now. It is a shame it is so expensive and far away. I do think DLP has much to learn. I remember in the late 90's early 00's, my wife and I would go to DLP on dates and there was a lot to offer us as just adults. Not so much anymore. It is now mainly about our kids because that is where they have targetted most of the additions after the opening of WDSP (with the exception of TOT). It is a real shame.

The big difference between OLC and EDL to be fair though is OLC does not have the same debt problems. It makes a big difference. Also, a friend of mine at WDI claims OLC is really only interested in character attractions at the moment as they are seen as a safe bet.
since 2001 (many before that)

dagobert

Oh no, TDR is also starting to use characters a lot. Why? They have the most beautiful themepark. Are there any attractions connected with characters in TDS? I know they will build TSM there.

Maybe without the dept problems DLRP would also be a better resort. If DLRP would have been a huge success from the beginning we would have seen a great second park and not stupid toon rides.

Does your friend at TWDC know something about DLRP's future? Will TWDC get more involved in DLRP are will they neglect the resort like Disney is doing now?

davewasbaloo

He does, do not expect many improvements, simply toons, toons, toons (maybe some Marvel and steel coasters if the longer term plans go through).
since 2001 (many before that)

dagobert

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"He does, do not expect many improvements, simply toons, toons, toons (maybe some Marvel and steel coasters if the longer term plans go through).

So no good future for DLRP. Steel coasters are fine, but here are already five at DLRP. Can't Disney create something new, like a great dark ride. It seems that there will be nothing else in the future except Pixar, toons and Marvel. Sometimes I really wonder if it is still worth to go to DLRP in the future.