WDS - Enchanted Dark Ride

Started by The Butlin Boy, September 17, 2008, 06:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Butlin Boy

I've just had a random but really cool brainstorm all of a sudden. Lots of DLRP fans have been saying about a classic Disney dark ride going into the studios in the future (Ratatouille doesn't count, it's Pixar :wink: ), and then it hit me, Enchanted. It'd fit perfectly in with the park, because not only is it new, but also, it isn't a ride that would sound better in Fantasyland like for example The Little Mermaid would.

OK, here's the pitch. The exterior would either be a film set version of the castle in the film, or a more general set that features both the real and animated worlds (this would be used to connect the Hollywood Boulevard to the Toon Studio). Inside, you get into your ride carriage and go through the beginning part of the film (animated world) featuring AA's of the cartoon characters. You are then transported into the real world, at which point you go up to a second level to symbolize the real world being above the animated world. Here you start by seeing the bad side of the real world by madly going in and out of cars, down dodgy alleyways etc, until you get to the scene where Robert meets and helps Giselle (in the real world part of the ride, the AA's will look like the real people e.g. POTC, The Great Movie Ride, etc). From here you go through scenes based on the main musical numbers in the film (Happy Working Song, How She Knows, etc). This is followed by the ballroom scene, where the guests will see Queen Narissa turn into a life size dragon, causing the ride vehicles to spiral back down to the animated world. The ride ends with Giselle Marrying Robert on the first floor in the animated world (Okay, I know it isn't what happens in the film, but it'd be a lot easier to pull off and would end the ride better) and the vehicle going back into the station. And they all lived happily ever after... :wink:

peep

I really like that idea. Not sure how some things would work but I'm sure it would be possible.

I think as you go into the real world there should be loads of sparkly lights etc like in the film
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "peep"I really like that idea. Not sure how some things would work but I'm sure it would be possible.

I think as you go into the real world there should be loads of sparkly lights etc like in the film

Thanks, but remember, anything is possible at Disney :wink:

(Well almost! :roll: )

MinniesBestPal

Sounds fantastic!

SophieD

love the idea BB!!
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

Aveen2008

Wow I totally love this idea! I love enchanted, I am listening to the soundtrack at the moment! :) Great thinking!! =D>

Aveen xxx
Luv Aveen xoxo

disneyrules

Amazing idea!
It would be so cool if it was built and it would be a very origional ride for the studios.
I only hope that we don\'t lose sight of one thing,that it was all started by a mouse[size=150] Walt Disney
[/size]

:pluto:  :mickey1: