Pin Trading Day 2010 Axed?

Started by Adam, July 31, 2010, 09:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam

Having seen August's pin releases, it looks like the Pin Trading Day, normally held on the last Saturday of August, has been axed.

Here is the link for August's pin releases: http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/8044 ... ugustc.jpg and here is last year's August pin releases, which detailed the day: http://eventservices.disney.go.com/file ... aout-2.jpg

Anyone got any more details or can shed any light on this? Shame for all those going, as it is a great day and importantly, you get a free pin!

Aveen2008

Is August not a bit early for having halloween releases?

I hope the day isnt axed as I am sure many people were looking forward to it!
Luv Aveen xoxo

Stitch2814

isnt it just it might of been moved to the middle of september since there is a Pin trading day in that month rather than August...it could of just been moved a few weeks.

Adam

It has been in August for the last few years - at least 2009 and 2008.

Anyone heard anything on the grapevine?

Adam

Just checked - and 2007 as well.

captain rocket

Perhaps I am stupid, but does,nt it say Friday 27th August,Terrace of the sports bar at the bottom of the poster?

Laura678

Quote from: "captain rocket"Perhaps I am stupid, but does,nt it say Friday 27th August,Terrace of the sports bar at the bottom of the poster?

Yep it does!

Christmas releases already???  :shock:
[size=150]All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them - Walt Disney[/size]

Adam

Quote from: "captain rocket"Perhaps I am stupid, but does,nt it say Friday 27th August,Terrace of the sports bar at the bottom of the poster?

That's a Pin Trading Night rather than a Pin Trading Day. It is a shame it is gone - was always a good day.

Adam

Seems that the Pin Trading Day has moved - to October.

http://images-squish.net/utilisateurs/D ... /42458.jpg

I wonder why it has been moved - cost cutting? utilising Halloween?

Stitch2814

pins for the pin trading day are below, they were shown at Trade City.

Martin B

WANT WANT WANT!!

Is this for the pin trading day at Paris on the 2nd October??

I bet these are going to cost me over £100 to add to the collection as I can not attend the event myself!!

Martin
@DisneyMart - Follow me on twitter and I\'ll tweet live from Disneyland Paris and other Disney locations on our magical adventures... www.twitter.com/DisneyMart

Stitch2814

I believe these are the Pin trading Day only pins that are going to be released.

If you want them martin be on the look out on ebay say the evening of the 2nd or 3rd and try and snag the cheaper early prices. Its what I do for Up pins to get them for cheaper (well more than cost price but cheap compared to how high it will end up eventually)

Martin B

Will definately be on the lookout then!!

Thanks for your help!!

Is it unusual for 3 Pin Trading event pins to be released? I thought there was usually only two released?

Martin
@DisneyMart - Follow me on twitter and I\'ll tweet live from Disneyland Paris and other Disney locations on our magical adventures... www.twitter.com/DisneyMart

Martin B

Also, do you know the edition size of the Jack pin?

Is it 400? The pin covers the bottom of the card.

Regards,

Martin

Stitch2814

that I dont know LOL could be 400 or 600 but could be higher..