DL | Mickey's Soundsational Parade (2011)

Started by Anthony, July 30, 2010, 07:35:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

disneyrules

Quote from: "Snow_White_Girl"
Quote from: "Owain"
Quote from: "Snow_White_Girl"Also, is that Giselle I spy on the front of the princess float?!?! :o

I think its rapunzel, because it looks like her hair trails from the tower to her head at the front  :)
Ah well spotted! :) I think I remember reading that they can't use Giselle as a parade or face character in the parks because she's based on Amy Adams and Disney have to pay her every time they use her image (or something to that effect!) which was why I was so surprised when I thought it was her!!

I read that to Snow_White_Girl it said on wikipedia that she was going to part of the official disney princess lineup but they couldnt use her for that reason. :)
I only hope that we don\'t lose sight of one thing,that it was all started by a mouse[size=150] Walt Disney
[/size]

:pluto:  :mickey1:

dlrpkris

I really think music is SO important for a parade. I know in the past that Paris hasn't prioritised it enough so I'm pleased to see that DLR actually are... however...

This parade really runs the risk of a sound overload. It's very easy for there to be too much music in a parade. The cross-over between DOUADP floats can often be enough. If each float has a significantly different sound and theme then syncing up could be awful. A technical challenge here. The pics looks sensational however. Quite exciting. MK still getting Parade of Dreams by the way? :S
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

alka1

Quote from: "dlrpkris"I really think music is SO important for a parade. I know in the past that Paris hasn't prioritised it enough so I'm pleased to see that DLR actually are... however...

This parade really runs the risk of a sound overload. It's very easy for there to be too much music in a parade. The cross-over between DOUADP floats can often be enough. If each float has a significantly different sound and theme then syncing up could be awful. A technical challenge here. The pics looks sensational however. Quite exciting. MK still getting Parade of Dreams by the way? :S

nope, not anymore. the Parade of Dreams floats were destroyed last year. only two survived I believe, the beauty and the beast and finale float.

Soundsational is being directed by Steve Davidson, who also worked on parades for Tokyo. It's rumored that the cast for Soundsational is being trained with similar choreography used in Jubilation - they've been showing the cast videos of the Tokyo parade.

Snow_White_Girl

Very glad to hear that as Tokyo's parades are always good!

How very sad about the PoD floats - they were stunning :( I'm glad to hear the BatB one survived though!!

\":lamp:\"

disneyrules

I also find it sad that they destroy most of the old parade floats, But i suppose they have to do it for space.
I only hope that we don\'t lose sight of one thing,that it was all started by a mouse[size=150] Walt Disney
[/size]

dlrpkris

Any news on this parade yet? It's all gone VERY quiet!
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"

lil-shawn

here is a pic from a float of the parade i found on micechat...

15MagicalYears

Is the parade running or is it still in the works?

lil-shawn

The Parade beginns in Summer i heard, but am not sure. This picture is from the Backstage....

dlrpkris

Picture not showing :( Parade due to start in April. Man, DLP is so much better for leaks :P

TowMater

It seems the Princess float is finished.

"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

disneyrules

I think that the float looks great :thumbs:
Looks really detailed, thanks for posting.
[/size]

alka1

The parade will officially premiere at the park on May 27th

[youtube:3e6nkdmb]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RG5db78iZQ[/youtube:3e6nkdmb]

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2 ... nd-resort/

xceemora

Here are two videos of the new Mickey's Soundsational Parade Commercial Filming - Disneyland CA- April 22, 2011

http://youtu.be/KmraxWHZqlU

http://youtu.be/hfUXIX_E4Z0

alka1