Disney Enchanted Christmas 2010-2011

Started by Jaivy, July 10, 2010, 02:09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaivy

I didn't find a topic on the news of the upcoming Christmas Season 2010-2011, which will be called 'Disney Enchanted Christmas', so I started a new topic. This season starts on 7 November 2010 and ends on 6 January 2011. The first logos and visuals are published on the press website of Disneyland Paris and I will share them with you.

First, the classic logos with holly!

Then, the visuals: they do not give you a real Christmas feeling like the logos, but more a wintery feeling...

Sources: Disney Central Plaza, DLRP Express and The Magic Of DLRP.
Next Trip(s) to Disneyland Paris:
1 to 3 August 2010
28 and 29 August 2010

The Magic Of Disneyland Resort Paris ~ Founded 2006

carrydee38

it looks great am going there the 8 till the 12th november and I cant wait...do you know what else will run, I know probably the usual Mickeys winter wonderland..I do hope everything is running and that there are no major closures...

Jaivy

Quote from: "carrydee38"it looks great am going there the 8 till the 12th november and I cant wait...do you know what else will run, I know probably the usual Mickeys winter wonderland..I do hope everything is running and that there are no major closures...

Yes, Mickey's Winter Wonderland runs again this Christmas Season and I think that the Dreams Of Christmas float with the Toy Soldiers will again be added to the Disney's Once Upon A Dream Parade. The Disney's Fantillusion Parade will also be there, but I don't know whether a new Ceremony will be organized, because of the rehab of the Castle this Halloween/Christmas. I think that the Tree Lighting Ceremony at Town Square will return, but this isn't confirmed yet. And Belle's Christmas Village in Fantasyland will also return again...

In the next few weeks/months, you will read more about this year's Christmas!
1 to 3 August 2010
28 and 29 August 2010

stacey-claire

Omg, im going on the 20th-23rd december and those pics got me so excited, im like couting the down the months, its only my second time going, first was in march, so its all very new to me, but really cannot wait, i noticed you said they are doing a castle refurb, hope it still looks as pretty with all the lights, im really looking forward to that xx  :belle:
To see fairies, you have to belive in fairies

Santa Fe- March 2010
Cheyenne- December 2010
Next trip- July 2012 (wish we could go sooner)

carrydee38

there seems to be conflicting reports about the castle...i will try and find another thread that someone had saying that there was no confirmation about the castle been out of action at that time of year...to me seems riduclous as that is one of the most popular time of year for a refurb to be done.  Maybe kristof can confirm..or if i find the thread i will post it here.  But do you know when belles village opens exactly,  i think the outside stalls are not there till december but hope everything else is in place for xmas....

carrydee38

hi i'd read the castle was going to be refurbed over halloween and xmas on here. I emailed the park and they replied with
Thank you for your email.

I kindly inform you that for the moment, we are only aware of refurbishments up to September and therefore have no information concerning Christmas. However it does seem unlikely the Castle will be in refurbishment at such a time, especially as the bridge has been recently refurbished. As we receive refurbishment lists around 3 months before, please recontact us in 3 months to check on this matter.

Kindest regards,

I shared this on another board but thought id put it on here for anyone else who'd read it was being refurbed
so happy, this email is good enough for me
fly_with_me_dumbo
You can fly! You can fly! You can fly!

Private message

there you go hope that puts ur mind at rest

Jaivy

I also read on this forum that the Castle will be (?) refurbished this Halloween/Christmas Season. Kristof posted this message. I also think that it's ridiculous to work on the Castle in this festive period. What of all the Christmas Lights and the New Year's 2011 Fireworks? Thank you, Carrydee38, for your e-mail to Disney and their response on this topic. But I read on the Dutch CafĂ© Mickey forum (www.cafemickey.com) that the Castle refurbishment will last about 9 months, but this would be very long! That's almost a year!! Maybe, it would be a period of 9 weeks? We'll just wait and see...  :-"

Belle's Christmas Village will be built in October, so during the Halloween Season, but last year, the Village (the stalls with souvenirs and food) was already open in the last part of October! I don't know whether this will be the case this year, but Belle's Christmas Village will definitely be open from 7 November 2010, so the Village is really open in December! :belle:  :santa:
1 to 3 August 2010
28 and 29 August 2010

peterpanfan1953

Yeah we were there for Halloween last year and most of the Belle's Christmas Village was open by Nov 1st.  Belle and Beast weren't out yet and some things weren't open yet; however, at least 70% of the food and merchandise locations were open.
\":peter:\"All it takes is faith, trust, and pixie dust

stacey-claire

Hey guys, emailed disney about the refurbh and this is the email i got back

Dear Mrs Butterworth,

Thank you for your email

Sleeping Beauty Castle will be refurbished from October 04th for several months but there will be no visual impact for Halloween and Christmas season.

You will then be able to see our beautiful castle while you are here,

Have a magical afternoon,

Marc
Guest Care Tea

So hopefully the castle will ok for halloween and christmas xx :belle:
To see fairies, you have to belive in fairies

Santa Fe- March 2010
Cheyenne- December 2010
Next trip- July 2012 (wish we could go sooner)

dawnfletch

I am loving the Christmas pics. We are going 14th Nov so we can not wait to see it all. Plus to top it of we are stopping in Hotel New York  :D
We will see whats what when we get there.
I will be looking on you tube just before we go to see if anyone has posted anything on christmas.

1997 Hotel Santa Fe
1998 WDW
2000 WDW
2001 Hotel Santa Fe
2004 WDW
2005 WDW Honeymoon
2006 WDW
2008 WDW
2009 Hotel Explorers
2010 Hotel New York

Jaivy

Last Saturday, a new logo for this year's Christmas Season released: the New Generation Festival logo with holly, but with a black background:

Sources: Disney Central Plaza and The Magic Of DLRP.
1 to 3 August 2010
28 and 29 August 2010

Columbiad

A new Christmas visual.

Posted on the Disney Central Plaza Facebook page.

carrydee38

all the christmas info is up on the Disney land paris offical website....just checked it yesterday...Rapzunel up on stage with lighting ceromony and fanallusion and the lighting of the castle....its looks like a packed christmas calendar ;o)

15MagicalYears

Nice visual, though it does look a bit odd Buzz leaving a trail of pixie dust . .

-breeno-

The visual looks good, just a shame they got the proportion of the park wrong again.  At first I thought "Space Mountain and BTM on the right side, have they finally got it??" Then at closer inspection, "Wait, is that Orbition beside Big Thunder Mountain?  And Teacups below it??"  ](*,)  It seems like every time they want to promote the parks as a whole it's a case of 'Lets get as much as possible into the one shot' instead of going realistic.

I think I'm the only person around who cares about this sort of thing :lol:
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!