Article: POTC is the best ride

Started by Kristof, August 23, 2006, 02:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

QuoteHolidaymakers who booked family holidays at Disneyland Resort Paris with online travel agency http://www.sundeal.co.uk have been surveyed about their favourite rides at the resort - and they say the Pirates of the Caribbean ride is the best.

The most popular rides at Disneyland Resort Paris as voted for by customers of online travel agency http://www.sundeal.co.uk are:

1 Pirates of the Caribbean
2 Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast
3 Haunted Mansion
4 Big Thunder Mountain
5 Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril

Rest of the article here:
http://www.mickeynews.com/News/DisplayP ... 236Pirates

Nala_84

Haunted Mansion at DLRP? Is that a new attraction?  :lol:

I like POTC also very much, but I prefer BTM, I think. Interesting, that Buzz is that popular now, too :)
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Masamune

XP Meh, I bet people just voted PotC because of the films...there's no way that ride is better than roller coasters or anything like that... o-o; PotC is always one of those rides that I think is worth skipping, along with Phantom Manor...

Kristof

Well, most people like me avoid the rollercoaster, Disneyland is Disneyland because of its darkrides, that's what most people appreciate.

Masamune

:o I appreciate the kiddie rides (like the Dumbo ride and Casey Jr) more than I appreciate PotC and Phantom Manor... :lol: you've heard all this from me before though... *Is just not a fan of rides that tend to have massive ques even though they're not that good*

:D And I really do appreciate the kiddie rides, I wasn't being sarcastic or anything...Fantasyland is great, I'd probably vote that as being my fave World...

QuickGold

I bet when Tower of Terror opens, this will change :)

RnRCj

Quote from: "QuickGold"I bet when Tower of Terror opens, this will change :)

Well, I'm pretty sure it will be my favourite ride when it opens! (I'll still keep my target of doing at least 12 rides on RnRC every visit though!)

I'm really surprised Pirates came out top. I mean, on my first visit to DLRP, I didn't even know there was such ride! And although it's got great theming, it's not very thrilling. But maybe people just love dark rides? (I certainly do!)

Angel

If you just want a fast adrenalin rush style ride you can visit any park.  What makes Disney so special is the rides like Pirates, Small World, Peter Pan etc. They are classy, they are carefully thought out and the attention to detail is amazing.  They bring stories to life and allow you to totally immerse yourself into the wonderful world of fantasy.

Masamune

Quote from: "Angel"If you just want a fast adrenalin rush style ride you can visit any park.  What makes Disney so special is the rides like Pirates, Small World, Peter Pan etc. They are classy, they are carefully thought out and the attention to detail is amazing.  They bring stories to life and allow you to totally immerse yourself into the wonderful world of fantasy.
But are they really worth waiting around 45 minutes for? In high season, the ques for those rides are massive, and I just don't think they're worth time time...

._. My mum loves the Peter Pan ride and It's a Small World, so I can't even avoid those one's...

Kristof

Well let's close this discussion with these wise words:

It's just a matter of personal taste.

Lordofthemightybeasts

I'm surprised that Indiana Jones is up there, especially in front Peter Pan, which seems the most popular ride with families. But poor Space Mountain, outdone by Indiana. Look what you've done Disney! Damn you! Damn you all to hell! :evil:

BTW have you seen that article.
"The Haunted Mansion is a ghost train ride"
"Big Thunder is a rollercoaster that features a section that feels like freefall parachuting"
"Indiana Jones recreates a famous scene from The Temple Of Doom where a mine collapses"
"Disneyland Paris is seperated into four theme parks, Discoveryland, Adventureland, Frontierland and Fantasyland"
"Other very popular attractions at the resort include... Treasure Island..."

Who wrote this!

DisneyBud

I never knew there was a second disneyland in Paris!  :)

Dlrpfan

and quite a few ppl still call it euro disney!
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Anthony

I'm severely disappointed in your view of Pirates and Phantom Manor, Masamune! :lol:

Quote from: "Masamune"But are they really worth waiting around 45 minutes for? In high season, the ques for those rides are massive, and I just don't think they're worth time time...
I've never seen a 45minute queue for PM or Pirates, and the longest I've waited for either was 30 minutes for Pirates at Christmas.  I think it was well worth it - not only is it an awesome ride, but 30mins a tropical climate in December is lovely. :P

I'm also really surprised Space Mountain isn't on the poll... yet Indy is.  Did they really mess it up with Mission 2 or did the audience who voted on that poll not care much for the wilder rides?  It's good to see Buzz is very popular already though! :)

Lordofthemightybeasts picked out some good quotes.  I haven't actually read the article myself, it'll make me scream reading all that.  Why is it so hard to research DLRP properly?  I'd be worried booking a holiday with those people...

Masamune

:lol: It shouldn't be news to you Baloo, I'm pretty sure I've vented about Phantom Manor before...and the only reason I skip those two rides is because of the wait...for what they are, I really don't think it's worth it... :) I would happily wait that long for Space Mountain, and have done so in the past...but I remember the first (and I think only) time we went on Pirates, and we waited about 40 minutes, and the most exciting thing about it was that a woman a few people down from us was wearing a T-shirt with Scar on it, which was awesome... :P

:o I totally agree that it's all down to personal taste, I'm just shocked at the taste of the majority, because I just wouldn't think that most people would be into those particular rides...