ESPN Zone Closing Down

Started by SM:M3, June 09, 2010, 11:49:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SM:M3

All but the DLR and WDW ESPN Zones will shut down, reducing the chance of one ever coming to Paris;
Link To Article

dagobert

I have been to the ESPN Zones in Las Vegas and New York. Although we didn't eat there, we just had some drinks, it was always very nice. It would have been really great to see an ESPN Zone at DLRP, but now it looks like ESPN Zone will never come to Paris. But it doesn't have to be an ESPN Zone, since I think that most Europeans aren't familiar with ESPN. By the way I loved the ESPN network in the US. It was the only chance to see the UEFA Champions League.

I would also be happy with a bigger and more modern Sports Bar with bigger TV screens.

AmericanMouse

There is an ESPN UK, which now holds the rights to Premier League soccer matches there were held by Sentanta Sports, and there happens to be ESPN America, a network that telecasts Major League Baseball, NBA and NHL games along with some college sports.

As far as the ESPNZones, only two in the Southern California area - one at LA Live, owned by Anschultz Entertainment Group, ownersw of the LA Kings, Lakers and Staples Center, the other at Downtown Disney, owned by a group called Zone Enterprises as well as the ESPN Club at Disney World Resort - remain open as of 15 June.