Disney's Fantillusion! (1995-2012)

Started by Festival Disney, June 04, 2010, 01:48:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Festival Disney

From out of the night, comes the magic of light...

Welcome to a fantasy festival of music and light that's set to fill your heart with joy. Disney's Fantillusion! is one of the most complex illumination celebrations you'll ever see, with countless moving stages decorated with amazing points of magical light.

Fibre optics, mirrors, strobes and dry ice gently blend to form an enchanting spectacle on the famous streets of Disneyland Park.

Between fantasy and illusion, Disney's Fantillusion! immerses you in a shower of glittering light, beautiful music and dazzling special effects.

At Tokyo Disneyland, Disney's Fantillusion! consisted of the following 31 floats...
Act 1 - The Enchanted Fary Garden "We wish upon a star tonight, to bring the gift of Disney light!"
1. "Disney's Fantillusion!"
2. Mickey's Fantillusion
3. Unisys float
4. Enchanted Flower Wheel
5. Flora's Gazebo
6. Enchanted Flower Swing
7. Enchanted Dragonfly
8. Fauna's Carousel  
9. Dragonfly Tower
10. Enchanted Web Garden  
11. Merryweather's Gazebo
12. Enchanted Butterfly Flower
Video:
[youtube:3r09m7up]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_quIHqtjbw[/youtube:3r09m7up]
[youtube:3r09m7up]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJprS_Ws6Y8[/youtube:3r09m7up]
Soundtrack:
[youtube:3r09m7up]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAMpUHD6FVE[/youtube:3r09m7up]
Act 2: The Evil Villains "We take this light and make it night!"
13. Jafar
14. Nasty Grotto
15. Ursula
16. Bat Forest
17. Maleficent
18. Murky Dungeon
19. Evil Queen
20. Vulture Rock
21. Chernabog
Video:
[youtube:3r09m7up]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltDKjaFJrPE[/youtube:3r09m7up]
Soundtrack:
[youtube:3r09m7up]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPNRC4M33ME[/youtube:3r09m7up]
[youtube:3r09m7up]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5zDQgu9oIs[/youtube:3r09m7up]
Act 3 - The Happy Ending "We Wish and Dream with all our might, and turn the dark back into light!"
22. Ariel and Eric
23. Fountain of Light #1
24. Snow White
25. Snow White's Castle
26. Beauty and the Beast
27. Fountain of Light #2
28. Aladdin
29. Fountain of Light #3
30. Cinderella
31. Princess Minnie's Castle/Finale

"From the dark of night, comes the magic light. With its colours bright, and its brilliant light. There's an evil spell, with its sparkling lights... from the Earth to the Sky! A fantastic Fantillusion! (Fantillusion!...)"

Video:
[youtube:3r09m7up]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANWfOZkqdtM[/youtube:3r09m7up]
Soundtrack:
[youtube:3r09m7up]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1phOQfBl2w[/youtube:3r09m7up]
[youtube:3r09m7up]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it4t0f_GCQ8[/youtube:3r09m7up]

The current show at Disneyland Paris consists of the following 12 floats...
Act 1 - Mickey's Magical Garden
1. Mickey's Fantillusion
2. Flora's Gazebo
3. Fauna's Carousel
4. Enchanted Butterfly Flower

Act 2 - The Disney Villains
5: Maleficent
6: Jafar
7: Ursula
Jack & Sally in the Nasty Forset (Halloween only)  :twisted:

Act 3 - The Happy Ending
8: Snow White & Prince
9: Ariel & Prince Eric
10: Beauty & the Beast
11: Jasmine & Aladdin
12: Princess Minnie's Castle

(EXTREME cut back on the original)

Premiered: 5th July 2003
Duration: 25 minutes

The parade has three show stops, but not all locations on the parade route allow you to view all three in the same performance. The only place you can do this is at Central Plaza.

Did You Know..?
*Disney's Fantillusion! first premiered in Tokyo Disneyland back in 1995 after being specially designed for the resort. The parade was an instant success and ran for an amazing 6 years.

*Fantillusion's story is roughly based on Disneyland California and Walt Disney World's "Fantasmic" light show. The same composer created the orchestral score and it is rumoured that this was meant to be Tokyo Disneyland's version of the show, in parade form.

*Paris' version of Disney's Fantillusion! comprises of 12 floats, 400 000 light bulbs and 60km of cabling.

*One show can use over 600 litres of dry ice for the "show modes" and 9 tonnes of batteries are used every evening... recharged for the next day.

*Disney's Fantillusion! is the only parade in which every Disney resort (existing at the time) was asked for input on the final product. With such a huge collaborative team, it is no surprise the outcome was so amazing.

*The music was recorded exclusively for the parade in Los Angeles over 3 days. At times, an 80 piece orchestra was used to give impact to the score.

*Computers onboard each float control the lighting display, effects and music. The only thing that is sent to the units is a signal to keep the music in time with the underliner (background track) played in the park.

*Each float has it's own orchestration and variation on the main theme, with music from the appropriate film telling the story along with character voices.

Feel free to discus!  :thumbs:
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

tubbsy

I know I've only done four visits and only one of them when I could have seen Fantillusion, but I cant wait (amongst all the other things I cant wait for! :lol: ) to see this :D
Any top tips for where to stand would be gratefully received :)

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

kelly.dylan

I have booked for christmas this year partly because we have never experienced the fantillusion parade (although last year i think it was cancelled due to the snow)  :(  

Fingers crossed for no snow this year or at least hold off til after christmas  ;)

Kelly x
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

never2old

I love Fantillusion. And the music is one of my favourites!

Poppy The Monkey

Ok some some breaking news and exclusive infomation on this years Fantillusion!

So the VIP characters : Goofy, Pluto, Chip and Dale and maybe Donald will walk along the parade after the first float! Their usual place on the second float will be taken by Tinkerbell who will be visible all the time, as the curtains will remain open!

The Villains will no-longer be "hooded coffin pushers" but will dance in front of each float instead!

There will also be a new costume for Maleficent and the Court Dancers!

Maybe some other changes too... but you can see from 3rd July!

Festival Disney

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"Ok some some breaking news and exclusive infomation on this years Fantillusion!

So the VIP characters : Goofy, Pluto, Chip and Dale and maybe Donald will walk along the parade after the first float! Their usual place on the second float will be taken by Tinkerbell who will be visible all the time, as the curtains will remain open!

The Villains will no-longer be "hooded coffin pushers" but will dance in front of each float instead!

There will also be a new costume for Maleficent and the Court Dancers!

Maybe some other changes too... but you can see from 3rd July!

ooo the changes sound cool! has the budget gone up this year?  :P

Regarding tink being in the second float, does this mean she won't be walking in front of the "Mickey's Fantillusion" float anymore?  :lol:

I hope that because they'll have the charecters out all the time that they won't try and cut costs by having less CM's dressed as the butterfly's etc.!!
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Festival Disney

Quote from: "tubbsy"I know I've only done four visits and only one of them when I could have seen Fantillusion, but I cant wait (amongst all the other things I cant wait for! :lol: ) to see this :D

Anywhere in central plaza has a good view, I'd say the middle-ish bit if you want to see Jafar/Maleficent transform during the Villains showstop (Ursula is a bit dull since all she does is pop up rather un-spectacularly), but near the turn to Main Street for a nice straight view of the Fireworks afterwards!  :thumbs:

On another note, anyone know if the first (Mickeys Magical Garden) showstop is still performed or have they stopped it?
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

tubbsy

Quote from: "Festival Disney"
Quote from: "tubbsy"I know I've only done four visits and only one of them when I could have seen Fantillusion, but I cant wait (amongst all the other things I cant wait for! :lol: ) to see this :D

Anywhere in central plaza has a good view, I'd say the middle-ish bit if you want to see Jafar/Maleficent transform during the Villains showstop (Ursula is a bit dull since all she does is pop up rather un-spectacularly), but near the turn to Main Street for a nice straight view of the Fireworks afterwards!  :thumbs:
Thank-you :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

disneyrules

I love this parade but i do think they should add some new floats.
I only hope that we don\'t lose sight of one thing,that it was all started by a mouse[size=150] Walt Disney
[/size]

:pluto:  :mickey1:

Aveen2008

I do love the fantilusion, I have seen it about 5 times as on my first trip I watched it every single evening (summer season) for 4 nights! Then I seen it again during a christmas season. I do wish they would updated it though and add new floats or at least add to the old ones.
Luv Aveen xoxo

montaguewarner

I adore Fantillusion, the music really makes it set apart from other Disney Parades. I do agree however that new floats should be added! Are the TDL floats for Fantillusion still around or have they been destroyed?
Past Visits
DLP - JUN 2005 - Val D\'Europe
DL - APR 2006 - Disneyland Hotel
DLP - AUG 2009 - Val D\'Europe
DLP - JUL 2010 - Val D\'Europe
DLP - JUN 2011 - Val D\'Europe

Festival Disney

Quote from: "montaguewarner"I adore Fantillusion, the music really makes it set apart from other Disney Parades. I do agree however that new floats should be added! Are the TDL floats for Fantillusion still around or have they been destroyed?

They're rumorued to have been destroyed but nothing is certain...
I would hope that if Tokyo still does have them, they might consider gifting them to Paris  [-o<
After seeing those videos that I posted above, it really did annoy me that most of the parade had dissapeared  :roll:
EDIT: I also remember reading somwhere that Disneyland Paris has some extra floats in storage but they remain unused!
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Lorum

Don't you think DLP needs a new parade as soon as possible? A whole new parade, or ten floats more... But not tomorrow, next year... Now.
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

Festival Disney

Quote from: "Lorum"Don't you think DLP needs a new parade as soon as possible? A whole new parade, or ten floats more... But not tomorrow, next year... Now.
I do sort of agree with you Lorum, Disney's Fantillusion is a shadow of its former self. When it was first introduced at Disneyland Paris, at least it had all three showstops and a fuller cast... These days it seems a little hollow with no Magical Garden showstop, a lower budget and ageing floats. I hope these "changes" that the resort are presenting this year may just include a few more performers and the return of three showtops!  [-o<
One can hope!  :lol:
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

kelly.dylan

Is the summer fantillusion parade exactly the same at christmas?

Also, do they do show stops like the OUADP? and where do you think is the best place to watch for the christmas fantillusion?

Kelly
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge