Old Euro Disney Pins

Started by Alice@Wonderland, May 28, 2010, 11:32:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alice@Wonderland

I often surf through the disney pins on ebay looking out for any from our beloved DLRP. But lately I have noticed an increase in pins listed as EuroDisney *rare* pins. I bought a couple and all look/feel genuine with stamps on the back etc, but I still remain supect of them as they have all of a sudden started apearing on Ebay 'en mass and I can't ever remember seeing them before!

A picture of such 2 pins

I was hoping that perhaps some one using the forum had a better idea about whether these are the real deal or not and even are they worth collecting compared to the more modern badges?

Thanks
Alice :)

davewasbaloo

There were several different sets of free pins before EDL opened up in 1991/1992. If I remember right, these were the Esso ones (I have all these plus the kodak ones too). They are great for Disney historians like me, and one day they may be valuable, but cast members will not trade them.

If I remember, the EuroDisney one was on sale the first year (again, not cloisonee, so not tradeable). And the WDW Disneyana was a free one for people who went to the Disneyana fan conference which was not an official Disney event.

I hope that helps you decide.
since 2001 (many before that)

SM:M3

I have a pin from the opening I bought on eBay and it looks real enough, its got a Mickey Mouse rubber thing to go over the point and has Disney and other stuff written on the back. It similar to the middle pin in the top picture actually :)

once.upon.a.dream

I've got a couple of them, i know they can't be traded but I like them, think they're cute! :)
DLP offsite July 2009, DLP Santa Fe Jan 2010, DLP Santa Fe March 2011, WDW All Stars Movies Sept 2011, DLP Santa Fe Sept 2012, DLP Santa Fe April 2013, DLP Newport Bay Dec 2014

Next trip - DLP Disneyland Hotel December 2015

simonandwendy626

Have also noticed a lot of these pins on E-bay. We have recently started a DLRP bag and each page has a land and its relevant pins. Finding people willing to trade is proving a challenge. So we have been buying from E-Bay and so far all of our pins have been genuine.
We are hoping that there will be some new Captain Eo pins released now that it's back in the park. We love that show and have been watching it on You Tube.

Have traded one from our local DS and the cast members there didn't seem too worried about such an old pin being on the lanyard. Then again most of them don't really know their pins.

Have a Disney day

Wendy

HildeKitten

I have that Frontierland Goofy one.  I bought it in DLP either 1992 or 1993.  So that one at least is a genuiene one (unless someone has found a way to copy the old ones and sell them for real copies).

debby

Hey

I Have a pin like the third whone on the picture and i want too sell him.  What can i ask for it?

dagobert

I got the round, red Kodak Frontierland pin with Goofy on it. I got that pin at WDW from a CM in EPCOT. He asked us where we come from, because he heared us speaking German. After a little conversation about WDW we told him that we have been to DLRP before. Then he showed me the Kodak pin and he asked me if I want to trade it for a Mickey pin. Of course I did.

treble

we recently got the full set of 5-from a charity shop no less :thumbs:
according to pin pics.com they were given as a gift when you brought 2 lots of petrol at the esso petrol station.
we have mickey on main street, donald in adverntureland, minnie in discoveryland, goofy in frontierland and peter pan in fantasyland
just like alice you\'re in wonderland