Disney's Sequoia Lodge refurbishment (October 2010 - 2012)

Started by Kristof, May 27, 2010, 01:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

Dlp.info has posted a new picture:

Photo by InsideDLParis

http://www.dlp.info/News/2011/05/painti ... nal-parks/

Mrianlala

I'm really getting quite concerned now that having PAID extra for a lakeside view room in the main building, that all we are going to be able to view realisticly is scaffolding and plastic sheeting!!! Has anyone got any info on problems obtaining a lake view where it has been requested/paid for?? Any info is better than none....thanks in advance. ](*,)

Josh

What's the date of your arrival?
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Mrianlala

Believe it or not I go tomorrow!! (Wed 18th May). Strange thing is nobody seems to be able to confirm my lakeside room will be guaranteed to still have the view as opposed to being covered.... if the worst comes to the worst I will ask for some kind of upgrade I suppose :?:

davewasbaloo

Be warned that a lakeside view never really guarantees a lake view. Most of the SL view is trees.
since 2001 (many before that)

Josh

I'm sure you'll be able to get a refund, though, if you don't get the lakeside view. Still, I hope you have a great time! :)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Mrianlala

Thanks for the info anyhow :)

Ess

The rooms are looking nice! I hope the refurbishment for the outside of the main building will be done before next november.. I was hoping to get a room with lake view in november in SQL. Well, we'll see :).
Already glad they started the refurbishment, SQL could really use it!

BigMatt

Off on Monday.....we have a Montana room - which I recall seeing to be the lodges during the refurb.....

dagobert

The facade is still under scaffolding:

Photo by Disney Gazette

http://www.disneygazette.fr/retour-big- ... s-511.html

poohsfriend

Hi all,
We returned from Sequoia Lodge on Friday night so I thought I would post a quick update.
We had booked a lake view but when we got to the room the view was rather obscured by sheeted scaffold!!  I decided to complain as I felt I shouldn't be charged for a non-existent view!  I was offerd a refurbished room in the main building (apparently the same price band?) but I wasn't really happy with this. We were then put in a suite (although I was advised it didn't have a lake view) which was great but the beds were not very good - i got the feeling that this room was due to be refurbished very soon.  Our room was on the North wing (6th floor so located in central part of building) and they removed the scaffolding from our part on Tuesday - then we had a great view of both the lake and the balloon at Disney Village. On wednesday they obviously started refurbishing level 1 of the North Wing as they closed the corridor (caused us a few issues as we used that route to get to the pool and they closed it off while we were swimming so we had to find a different route back!).
The other obvious refurbishment at the moment is the mens toilets in the lobby area - these are closed with both men and women sharing the womens side at the moment!  
Ann
[size=150]Ann[/size]

MissDisneyisMagical

Hey,

im possibly looking to go to dlrp either in summer or christmas time and have always stayed in the SL and i was just confirming that from may onwards are the montana rooms now the little cabins outside and standard priced rooms are now in the main building as i always used to pay for a montana room to get in the main building. just want to check before i book anything

Thanks
<center><embed src="http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/show.swf?message=Kirsty&font=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/fonts/plainn_lib.swf&glitter=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/glitters/glitter78.swf&clickURL=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/&type=0&clickLABEL=Glitter Text Maker&flashLABEL=Satisfaction.com&bevel=0&shadow=1&glow=1&blur=0&fade=0&blink=0&gb=2&ga=0.6&gi=0&gc=16210663&bb=2&bc=0&sb=7&sa=0.7&si=0&sc=0&blb=7&ls=0&fontsize=60&num=78" quality="best" wmode="

BigMatt

We were at Sequia last week - we're in BigSur Lodge - room was comfortable and we had a view of the lake (well the feeder "river").....

As Ann said the Men's loo's in the main lobby were being refurbed - with the ladies being a "unisex" however it was also nicely labeled and a temporary partition was placed in the loos.....

One of the pathways in front of Hunters Grill was being taken up one morning prior to replacement.

Josh

My family will be booking to go the Sequoia today. We plan on going a couple of days after New Year, so when I checked the prices, the main building still had the cheapest rooms to stay in. Does this mean that the scaffolding is still going to be there in six months time? :?
Disneyland Paris
    [li]April 2012[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Mafooouk

I've just called Disney reservations to book as online the system Automatically defaults to a Montana room (that used to be a room in the main building instead of one of the lodges) and the other room options were "a room in the main building" .

The room in the main building being 160£ cheaper than a Montana room, when I called the woman on the phone said that a Montana room has been refurbished and is in the lodges and not the main building, so I thought what the heck, I'm going in November and if it snows like last year (here's for hoping!!) I don't want to be in the lodges transferring from lodge to hotel for dinner/breakfast/a cheeky 1664 in the evening, so I went ahead and booked a "room in the main building"

Does this mean that all the lodges have now been completed and refurbished and that they are now working in the main building, chances being that when I get there I may get a refurbished room anyway?

Love to hear from anyone whose been recently

Thanks

Matthew