WDW | Disney's Art of Animation Resort

Started by dagobert, May 12, 2010, 04:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

Walt Disney World gets a new resort. It's called Disney's Art of Animation Resort and it will open in 2012. The resort will be built on the Pop Century Resort property.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2 ... -unveiled/

Donald-Duck-Malta

cool :)

luke85

Sounds like fun!

norhel

Like it :-)
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

disneyrules

Sounds great!
I hope disneyland paris could get hotel like this.
I only hope that we don\'t lose sight of one thing,that it was all started by a mouse[size=150] Walt Disney
[/size]

:pluto:  :mickey1:

SM:M3

Quote from: "disneyrules"Sounds great!

I don't, the hotels in Paris are beautiful, location themed hotels eg, Sequoia is Sequoia National Park, Newport Bay is New England and the Disneyland Hotel is Californian Seaside etc.

WDW seems to have tacky character orientated resorts.

disneyrules

Quote from: "SM:M3"
Quote from: "disneyrules"Sounds great!

I don't, the hotels in Paris are beautiful, location themed hotels eg, Sequoia is Sequoia National Park, Newport Bay is New England and the Disneyland Hotel is Californian Seaside etc.

WDW seems to have tacky character orientated resorts.

Your right about that the disneyland Paris hotels are really nice and beautiful. After thinking about it i dont think it would fit with the disneyland paris resort theme anyway.
I only hope that we don\'t lose sight of one thing,that it was all started by a mouse[size=150] Walt Disney
[/size]

:pluto:  :mickey1:

dagobert

You are absolutely right. The WDW value hotels, like the All Star Resorts, Pop Century and now the Art of Animation, wouldn't fit at DLRP, but they offer a better quality for less money than the Santa Fe and Sequoia Lodge. At least the Pop Century does, I have only stayed in there and it is our favorite Disney hotels. There we encountered the most friendly CMs, the nicest hotel room and the best maintained Disney hotel. DLRP should send their hotel managers over there to see how a Disney hotel should look like.

15MagicalYears

Are you guys kidding? WDW has some of the most beautiful resorts of all Disney Resorts. The Polynesian for example, it's beautiful and breathtaking. My favourite Disney hotel/resort.

dagobert

Quote from: "15MagicalYears"Are you guys kidding? WDW has some of the most beautiful resorts of all Disney Resorts. The Polynesian for example, it's beautiful and breathtaking. My favourite Disney hotel/resort.

WDW has some of the most  beautiful hotels, but I think that the other forum members and I were talking about the value hotels (Pop Century and the All Star Resorts) and not about the deluxe and moderate resorts.

dagobert

MouseSteps.com has posted some new pictures of the new hotel opposite from the Pop Century:

http://www.mousesteps.com/index.php?opt ... &Itemid=65

When we have been to WDW we stayed in the Pop Century Resort and we liked it a lot. The rooms were a lot nicer than any of the Santa Fe and Sequoia Lodge rooms at DLRP and it was a lot cheaper. It's sad that they chose another theme for the new hotel. At first the hotel was planed as a second part of the Pop Century focusing on the 1910s to the 1950s.

davewasbaloo

Yuck, I really hate this project, then again, I also hate Pop Century and the all stars.
since 2001 (many before that)

dagobert

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Yuck, I really hate this project, then again, I also hate Pop Century and the all stars.

Why do you hate these resorts? I know they are not of the same quality like the moderate and deluxe resorts, but I think Disney tries to cater for everyone. Honestly I think the Pop Century looks better than the Santa Fe in Paris, but I like the WDW hotels in general a lot better than the ones at DLRP.

Nevertheless we enjoyed our stay there and it was a lot nicer than in the Sequoia Lodge and the Santa Fe. I know it is very simple but we only have been to the hotel for sleeping. And for me it says a lot when a value room and hotel is nicer than moderate hotel.

davewasbaloo

At the risk of sounding snobby, I do not think Disney should have built value resorts, or at least not big box travelodges with big toon or sport or musical icons. I agree they are somewhat better managed that Paris, but the Cheyenne and Santa Fe are overall better hotels IMHO.

But they ruin the resort. The hotels should be special, and the value resorts are not. They are eyesores in the same vane as Toystory Playland IMHO.

davewasbaloo

Although what is it that makes you think Pop Century is better than Sequoia Lodge?  I am curious, because on this I could never agree.