The Pin Trading Board at DLRP

Started by andyroid20, May 11, 2010, 06:11:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorsetcandy

Quote from: "simonandwendy626"Hi,

I'm guessing that you didn't go into the Studios. The small pin shop near Tower of Terror had a pin board out all day every day whilst we were there last year and this February.
And if the weather is nice they sometimes have the pin board outside near Plaza gardens in the main park.
I can understand that you don't want to have bored kids with you and so trailing around can be frustrating but next time try asking at the till point next to the pin wall in the emporium.

Wendy
Hiya the days we visited the studio the pin shop you mentioned was shut,so no luck there either although we did get some nice pins from cms around the parks and village so we were overall happy  :) just having heard so much about the boards & having 80 LE pins with us we had hoped we would see it at least once for us all to trade,we have already said we would like to go back without the children so we can concentrate more and pins and next visit with or without kids we will ask in the Emporium Thanks

Dorsetcandy

Quote from: "Aveen2008"
Quote from: "Dorsetcandy"We unfortunately did not see the pin board during our trip  :(  we asked twice were it would be on those days the first day were told no pin board today and on Tues were told in Harringtons at 5pm so returned there with our pins and our 2 & 3yr old in tow only to be given blank looks by the cast and shakes of the head and no pin board!

We gave up after that as found it was unfair to drag the kids round in our pin quest for the board which we already knew was very hit and miss when/where it appeared,although i feel no information should be given as to where/when it will be unless this is 100% definate as i was actually quite upset/angry at making an effort to stay in the park and around that area to be disappointed but fealt i didn't want to potentially ruin the day more by making a fuss but am however sending a letter,lets hope they can make more of a point of the board appearing on certain days/times and realising many of us passionate about pins plan our day round the possibility of a gr8 trade!

Aw that must have felt really annoying and disappointing, I know I would have been a bit upset over that!
I agree that they should either not give out information that is not 100% definate or else just say exactly when and were the board is going to be.
It was dissapointing but this was at the end of our 2nd full day in the park which was why i think i fealt so strongly about it,i know you can not control everything cms say but maybe having an info point you can go to for pins in all the time we were there the pin cart was only open once and the person maning it wasn't very knowledgeable and we saw a French trader with lots of pins on the very last day nr Plaza gardens as we were heading over to the studios to catch the car stunt show which would be our last chance b4 heading home we got a cpl of nice pins from him and he said in his words..pin cart never open much & board he  :roll:  so seems to be hit and miss for everyone and in reflection we had a great time trading with cm's while there and got a few ppl interested in pins while waiting in queues so  :D

Aveen2008

I found cm's were pretty great with pin trading also, I only had problems with one really,  a cm in one of the villiage stores who refused to trade some of the pins on the lanyard even though it was a cast lanyard for guests and they weren't his pins :roll: , I was gonna tell him what he was doing was against the rules of pin trading but I didn't want the hastle! :roll:  lol but i did really enjoy pin trading in the parks!

I attended a PTN last september also but I found that very unenjoyable due to many unfriendly traders who just said no to everything almost and who mademe feel like dirt :cry:, it was only when I met a CM after the event was over who also said she found the traders intimidating (and she works in the emporium!) and that she hadnt done any trading, we stood and traded with each other and it was a good experience! :thumbs:
Luv Aveen xoxo

fly_with_me_dumbo

I'm really excited about trading, i hope i can find the board in august  :shock:
Between me and my friend weve just bought a 100 pins off ebay waiting for them to come to see hwat surprises we have :D
Does the board only appear at certain places or is it completly random
I'm really nervous about cm refusing to trade with me even though all my pins are genuine. i wonder if telling htem i know they must trade with me and are breaking the rules and showing them my cast member id card will make them trade if they originally refuse. :minnie:  :mickey1:

simonandwendy626

Hi All.

Aveen, in regards to the pin traders at the events they can be a pretty unfriendly lot as a whole. we were incredibly lucky to get taken under the wings of two traders from Holland. Wim and Bianca who unfortunately don't go to DLP anymore because Bianca is a die hard Tink fan and finds that she can trade more pins in USA and have two long holidays compared to one in Paris. They introduced us to several people who we now e-mail a lot and try to meet up with when we go on holiday. And there is one man who we call Pin Santa because of his white beard, he has tons of pins. Literally. He is willing to trade with anyone but can be a little eccentric. You can't miss him, he takes up two to three of the long dining tables and lays all of his pins out for you to look through.
Don't let the others, mostly the french, put you off. If you take cards with your pin pics ID on and pass them around you should get a few hits and some enjoyable chats. And there are quite a lot of english traders there. One we met comes from Southampton.

Have never had a refusal from a CM, well apart from a jokey one from Patrick when I saw a stitch pin on his waistcoat and tried to nick it he he.

Happy trading. So jealous that everyone seems to be going to or coming back from Paris.

Wendy

fly_with_me_dumbo

Quote from: "simonandwendy626"Hi All.

Aveen, in regards to the pin traders at the events they can be a pretty unfriendly lot as a whole. we were incredibly lucky to get taken under the wings of two traders from Holland. Wim and Bianca who unfortunately don't go to DLP anymore because Bianca is a die hard Tink fan and finds that she can trade more pins in USA and have two long holidays compared to one in Paris. They introduced us to several people who we now e-mail a lot and try to meet up with when we go on holiday. And there is one man who we call Pin Santa because of his white beard, he has tons of pins. Literally. He is willing to trade with anyone but can be a little eccentric. You can't miss him, he takes up two to three of the long dining tables and lays all of his pins out for you to look through.
Don't let the others, mostly the french, put you off. If you take cards with your pin pics ID on and pass them around you should get a few hits and some enjoyable chats. And there are quite a lot of english traders there. One we met comes from Southampton.

Have never had a refusal from a CM, well apart from a jokey one from Patrick when I saw a stitch pin on his waistcoat and tried to nick it he he.

Happy trading. So jealous that everyone seems to be going to or coming back from Paris.

Wendy

Well I really hope I dont get any refusals :D
20 days to goooooooooooo :D
Is the permant board near TOT any good? and is this where i will find it >>>>>>>> http://www.dlrpmagic.com/guidebook/walt ... g-station/

simonandwendy626

Quote from: "fly_with_me_dumbo"
Quote from: "simonandwendy626"Hi All.

Wendy

Well I really hope I dont get any refusals :D
20 days to goooooooooooo :D
Is the permant board near TOT any good? and is this where i will find it >>>>>>>> http://www.dlrpmagic.com/guidebook/walt ... g-station/

Hi there,

Hope your holiday went well and that you got lots of trades. Sorry didn't get back to you but Hubby hogs the computer :lol:  Did you find the board okay and how many did you trade?

Regards

Wendy

fly_with_me_dumbo

hi sorry ive only just seen this!
yeah i found the board both days!!! and swapped 4 in total! and I also swapped about 40 all together alot of them I was gonna buy but I managed to nearly swap for all the ones I wanted to buy !!!