Magicstars Trip 29.4. - 1.5.

Started by MagicStar, May 10, 2010, 10:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicStar

Heya :-)

sorry a bit late - but because I promised a few guys here to post my pics... here we go :-)

We booked very spontaneous. Decided to go Wednesday evening. Startet the same night and arrived in the early Morning!  :mrgreen:

We stayed at Radisson, because it was a very good offer!

Service was great. Breakfast superb!!!

Die rooms were huge, clean and in a top state!

As we arrived in the Park, we first saw the beautiful flowers everywhere

New for me: Every Counter-Service Restaurant now has an additional sign, where you can see which kind of food is offered there:

Next door at the Studios: RC-Racer becomes its covering

And more bamboo

Painting Studio 1 continues. If you have a close look, you can see that is white now. I think its a kind of grounding

Insteat the Hollywood Hills look disastrous. I really hope they will fix that soon!

At lunch we saw, that the people use Blockbuster Cafe far less than Restaurant en Coulisse. I took these pics within 10 minutes:

and now Blockbuster Cafe:

They had some new merchandise. Unfortunately I didn´t found something for me

At Disneyland Park I really loved the new Show! It was really fun! Far better than last year!

And now: The Tea-Cups! When we arrived, they were still working.

Saturday they opened again.  The facade was repainted and all light bulbs replaced

Even the floor was painted again. However, I was somewhat disappointed that the cups itself and the lanterns were not renovated:

I hope they will do that soon.

What I have noticed very negative, that the whole park cries out for renovations. And in all subject areas. Especially Adventureland. Whether the ship, the facade of Indiana Jones, Pizza Outpost, the bridges, the Adventureland Bazaar. It does sometimes really hurt to see this state:

I hope you liked it :-)

See ya :-)
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]

luke85

Great trip report, thank you for sharing all of your pictures :)

I'm really shocked that after the length of time Mad Hatter's Tea Cups was down for a refurb, they didn't touch the tea cups themselves? They're still filthy, as are the lanterns. Very disappointing.

MagicStar

The park was very crowded this weekend. I hope they opened the cups because of so many guests and continued the refurb afterwards!

tubbsy

thats a good point. Hope you're right. the ship looks so sad :( . I like the signs outside the restaurants. Your photos are great, beautiful flowers and some great shots of the show. They're making me want August to come round quicker :)

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Aveen2008

Thanks for sharing your wonderful photographs!  :D  :D  :D although I agree it's sad
Luv Aveen xoxo

Aveen2008

Thanks for sharing your wonderful photographs!  :D  :D  :D although I agree it's sad to see how much work really needs to be done in the park.
Luv Aveen xoxo

Soap

Maybe we all should deliver the "refub needed" photos at the City Hall for "evidence"  :thumbs:
It's just such a pity they let it come to this point...

Great photos magicstar, sharp and crispy, thanks for sharing your trip with us :)
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

never2old

Thank you for sharing your trip and great pictures with us!!

I love your pictures of the new show, and the ones with all those beautiful flowers!! I love spring in the parks...

Though it is very sad to see the state some areas are in...

toritinker

Thanks for the photos!!
Did you enjoy the Radisson Blu? How easy was it to get to/from the parks? What was breakfast like?
We are staying there in August xx
Sante Fe - December 2008
Radisson Blu Disneyland Paris - August 2010

yiazoo

Great photos, especially the show ones. What camera do you have?
1998 Dec]

MagicStar

Radisson was great. By far the best off site hotel I stayed.
The bus runs every 15 minutes from the hotel to the park
and every 30 minutes from the park to the hotel.
Everything worked without any problems ;-)
Breakfast was fantastic. They even had pancakes :-)

I took the pics with  a Olympus E 500

I just remember an interesting thing:
We participated at a survey at Disneyland Park. And that was only about restaurant chains, that are NOT at DLP at the moment. I asked the CM, why they do the survey, and the woman said,
that it is not sure, which restaurant comes into Hurricanes. And whith this survey the try to do a better decision!

smurfy74

Great trip report - what were the options in the survey??

kiki_304

kGreat pics and thanks for sharing. I am looking forward to going back in Nov with my boys. They are going to love seeing The Incredibles on stage!

Interesting about the survey, was there multiple choices set out for you to choose or did they just ask you your favourite food chain that you would like to see come to DLP?

MagicStar

They first asked, which food chains we know.
What we like there and why we like the food there.
Then what we don´t like!
Then they showed us a mass of food chains (so many I didn´t know)
and they asked, which one I think would fit into DLP and why.

kiki_304

Quote from: "MagicStar"They first asked, which food chains we know.
What we like there and why we like the food there.
Then what we don´t like!
Then they showed us a mass of food chains (so many I didn´t know)
and they asked, which one I think would fit into DLP and why.

Thanks for replying.