disney store uk pins

Started by fly_with_me_dumbo, August 07, 2006, 05:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fly_with_me_dumbo

i have been to about 5 differnt disney stores across the north of england and none have done the pins but today at my local disneystore a member of staff said they were waiting for them to come in this week and that they are starting to do them, however i have seen on the internet whilst searching them disneystore uk pins.  Just out of interest does anybodies local disney store already do them?  :pluto:

Dlrpfan

i believe the one in the Mall Marlands in southampton does them but not 100%
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Patrick

I have not seen them lately in the disney stores, but my most local Disney Store in Newcastle did close down a couple of months ago and changed into a Nike outlet store :x .

Anthony

I've seen a small rack of them in the Manchester one (St. Anne's Square) quite a few times (first noticed them in 2003, when they had Lion King ones because of the DVD re-release), and they usually have a small selection near the counter in the Stockport one as well.  I haven't looked for a while though.

They usually keep them hidden away for some reason, I guess they just don't sell very well. :(

Masamune

o.o Are you sure you've been looking hard enough Baloo? So far from the Manchester one I've bought the two Halloween ones (Pooh & Friends and Jack Skellington), the two Christmas ones (Pooh & Friends and Stitch), the Narnia pin/keyring set and the Cars 3 pin set... o-o; I've since sold most of them on eBay after realising what poor quality they are compared to the pins you get from the parks and the Disney Shopping site...

fly_with_me_dumbo

my mum bought some pins th eother day from disney store its 3 on a ard eeyore pooh and tigger they were £4 they had some potc ones in before with same amount and price but we dint like them

Sir Donald

The Leicester store did some about a year or two ago - I think they may have been Incredibles ones, but they've never done them again.  :( but they've started stocking atenna toppers.

Patrick

I bought the 3 POTC pins last week at the Disney Store in York, really nice pins I thought, shame I forgot to remove the pin from my jacket saying I Love Jack when I went into a job interview last week :lol: .

fly_with_me_dumbo

yeah they stock them at mine, and maybe you should of taken it off  :lol: lets hope they had the same view!

shell_ely

does anyone know if you can trade disney store pins in the park?
 :ears:

Masamune

Quote from: "shell_ely"does anyone know if you can trade disney store pins in the park?
 :ears:
:? Cast Members are pretty awkward about UK Disney Store pins. :o I ended up trading most of mine to other Guests, because Guests understand when you tell them that they're official pins.

davewasbaloo

Disney Store pins come out in dribs and drabs over the years.  We have had Princesses one, Halloween and Christmas (stitch, Pooh, Jack Skellington), Cars and Incredibles.  I have found them for sale in the following:

- London Oxford Street
- Covent Garden
- Southampton
- Oxford
- Watford
- Cambridge
- Milton Keynes
- Gateshead Metrocentre
- Birmingham
- Northampton

Releases are limited.  The problem with trading at DLP is this, when they started pin trading, to keep the costs down, they were not cloisone pins (the enamel style) - they had puffy plastic - similar to a number of the UK releases.  WDW, DL and TDL would not accept these as traders, but DLP would trade any pin that had a Disney copyright mark on the back.  About 5 years ago all DLP pins were cloisone, and the rules changed so that only cloisone pins could be traded by cast members.  Hence the fact that there may be some issues trading UK store pins at DLP.
since 2001 (many before that)