Mystery Pin #2! [UPDATED!]

Started by Anthony, April 23, 2004, 08:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

The DLRP Pin Team announced last week that they are releasing their second official "Mystery Pin" this Saturday!  The purpose of a Mystery Pin is to generate extra interest in Pin Trading aswell as making sure that more people can get hold of Limited Edition Pins.  Unfortunately though, if they continue to tell Pin Traders (or rather, eBay sellers) about the releases so much in advance through email then this defeats the point because they will all be sold out anyway!  :roll:

Anyway, here's the official email:

> Bonjour à tous,
> Hello everyone,
>
> Après le grand succès du premier Mystery Pins au mois de janvier,
> découvrez Samedi 24 avril 2004 le deuxième Mystery Pin! Ce pin est en
> édition limitée à 900 pièces. A vous de découvrir quel sera le
> personnage du pin!!!. After the big success of the first Mystery Pin
> in January, discover the second Mystery Pin which the release date is
> the staurday 24th of April! This pin is a limited edition at 900
> pieces! Let's discover which character is represented on this pin!!
>
>
> Nous espérons vous voir samedi!! A très bientôt!
> We hope to see you on Saturday! See you soon!
>
> L'équipe Pin Trading!
> The Pin trading team!

Anthony

The pin was released today, and thanks to Pin Pics and its members here is the first picture:

Looks pretty damn good doesn't it?  You can find out more about it on the news section here: http://www.dlrpmagic.com/pintrading/

What do you think of the pin?  Would you like to see more "Mystery Pins" or do you think they are just a bad or ruined idea?  Discuss!  :wink:

experiment627

Looks pretty cool to me!

But honestly, I don't get the whole idea behind "Mystery Pins"... the really crazy pin traders (the ones you see *daily* on Victoria Terrace) will come and buy each and every pin they release anyway... so why the fuss about a "Mystery Pin"?

Anthony

I think really they are designed so that they are released without people knowing so that more different people (ie. not just the fanatic Pin Traders) can get them.  Unfotunately though, with the DLRP Pin Team announcing them in advance this idea just doesn't work.  Especially when the pins seem to be of such good quality!

experiment627

I'd prefer it, if they made these pins a "surprise" ... like they do in Florida (?).

Anthony

Quote from: "experiment627"I'd prefer it, if they made these pins a "surprise" ... like they do in Florida (?).

Yeah so would i, and think they do the same in California aswell.  If DLRP are worried about people ignoring their nice pins if they do this, then why don't they properly use http://www.officialdisneypintrading.com ?  Then they could announce new pins on the actual day they are released so that people still know about them.  I'm just thinking that DLRP seem to want to make sure their best designs are announced properly, which is a shame in some (most) ways...  :?