20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (2012)

Started by peep, January 07, 2009, 11:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

It's refreshing not to see Johnny Depp rumoured for the lead anyway.

A lazy suggestion, but David Tennant would be amazing, and that comes from someone who gets a bit bored of his constant gurning every few minutes in Doctor Who. He'd really suit a young Captain Nemo trying to build his submarine...

But probably wrong director. It'll be Vin Diesel or The Rock, you can bet on it.

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "Anthony"But probably wrong director. It'll be Vin Diesel or The Rock, you can bet on it.

I'm surprised he hasnt tried to recruit the older brother from Supernatural (his name escapes me). He kinda reminds of the guy who playing Kirk (his name escapes me too) in the reboot of Star Trek. It'd be the kind of lazy thinking I would expect from McG(od awful)

Captain Pan

Empire Magazine has another rumour castmembers...

Will Smith

According to Issue 237, March 2009, Page 17 reads

McG wants Will Smith for 20,000 Leagues

it then goes on to say on another page Jackie Chan to play Miyagi in the remake of Karate Kid with Smith's son (Star of Pursuit of Happieness) Jaden
And that Rourke is supposed to be the Villain for Downey Jr in Iron Man 2, with news that Samuel L Jackson might not put the eye patch back on for Fury

but then that detracts from what I mean to say which is

McG wants Will (Movie Hero Icon, World Saver) Smith

Which is a YAY for me

Pete's Dragon

I've been thinking about this and the only person I'd like to see play Nemo, if they're gonna go for a more action-hard-edged feel is Gerrard Butler. If its gonna be a comedy (probably will be unintentionally with McG) then Will is fine if he's stupid enough to do it

Captain Pan

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"I've been thinking about this and the only person I'd like to see play Nemo, if they're gonna go for a more action-hard-edged feel is Gerrard Butler. If its gonna be a comedy (probably will be unintentionally with McG) then Will is fine if he's stupid enough to do it

Have you not seen Wild Wild West?

There goes the proof!

peep

Quote from: "Anthony"But probably wrong director. It'll be Vin Diesel or The Rock, you can bet on it.

Latest rumours are that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has been signed up to the film but no confirmation as to what role he'll play, hopefully not Nemo.

Source
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

The Butlin Boy

Apparantly, yhe project has been shelved indefinitely:

:arrow: http://weblogs.variety.com/bfdealmemo/2 ... nemo-.html

loladelorean

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"

I'm surprised he hasnt tried to recruit the older brother from Supernatural (his name escapes me). He kinda reminds of the guy who playing Kirk (his name escapes me too) in the reboot of Star Trek. It'd be the kind of lazy thinking I would expect from McG(od awful)

Dean from Supernatural is Jensen Ackles. I agree that Charlies Angels Full Throttle is....well, rubbish, but I'm a big Supernatural fan!
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

ightenhill

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Apparantly, yhe project has been shelved indefinitely:

:arrow: http://weblogs.variety.com/bfdealmemo/2 ... nemo-.html

Any chance they can shelve the director from ever making another film again. McG seriously should not be allowed within site of a soundstage for the rest of his life.
[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]

Pete's Dragon

Apparently it could be up and running again. And I must say, the idea actually appeals to me now. Here's why ...

Quote from: "Empire Online"A few months ago, Disney decided to torpedo McG's plan to make a new version of Jules Verne's 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea, and it was largely thought that the heroic Captain Nemo and iconic submarine the Nautilus would remain sunk at the bottom of the development ocean. Well, now comes a surprising twist: David Fincher is aiming to raise it back up into production.

It's a little bit out of leftfield for several reasons. Fincher isn't exactly the person we'd have guessed would want to tackle a big-budget action studio adventure and you wouldn't naturally think of the genius behind Fight Club and Zodiac as the Mouse House's first choice for such a film. How things change! Fincher has been stretching himself with ambitious fare like Benjamin Button and is busy finishing up birth-of-Facebook drama The Social Network.

The director apparently approached Disney production boss Sean Bailey about making a big tentpole film, and now the studio has put him together with Bourne Ultimatum co-writer Scott Z Burns to figure out a fresh take.

For extra irony, one of the reasons the Disney bosses sunk McG's $150 million take was that it came off as a little dark. And though very little has been heard about it since that happened, they've remained very keen to get it afloat once again.

So now Fincher and Burns will figure out what they want to do with the sea-going scientist and his powerful submersible, with early word from the Heat Vision Blog pointing to a Star Wars/Empire Strikes Back style adventure with a strong visual palette.

Next week: Brett Ratner announces