Walt Disney Parks & Resorts is the Number One in Themeparks

Started by dagobert, April 27, 2010, 09:44:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

Walt Disney Parks and Resorts is the number one in the global themepark business. Disney has eight parks in the top ten and all parks except for Walt Disney Studios Paris in the top 25.

Disneyland Park Paris is number four in terms of attendence. Number one is still the Magic Kingdom followed by Disneyland Anaheim and Tokyo Disneyland.

The fifth rank goes to Tokyo DisneySea, followed by Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom. The best non-Disney park in terms of attandence is Universal Studios Japan on the ninth rank.

Disney's California Adventure in on rank eleven and Hong Kong Disneyland on rank 16.

Disney is also the number one in the waterparks. Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach have the first two places.

In the last year WDP&R had over 119mio visitors worldwide, followed by Merlin Entertainment Group with more than 39mio visitors.

In North America Disney holds the first six place, in Europe Disneyland Park is number one followed by Europa Park in Germany and Walt Disney Studios Parks holds the eighth place.

In Asia Tokyo Disneyland is number one followed by Tokyo DisneySea and Hong Kong Disneyland is on the seventh rank.

You can take a closer look on the attendence numbers here:
http://www.teaconnect.org/etea/2009ThemeIndex.pdf

norhel

Not bad I must say.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

Kristof

The annually global theme park attendance figures have once again been announced by TEA.

Our Disneyland Park sits on the fourth spot, increased by 0,4% compared to last year.  

Walt Disney Studios Park is not on the global list, but sits on number 8 in the European list (up 1,6% compared to last year).

See the entire report here: http://www.teaconnect.org/etea/2009ThemeIndex.pdf

dagobert

I have already posted it in the World Of Disney thread in the morning. Shall I delete my post or are you going to combine theses two posts, Kristof?

Kristof

Dagobert, the World of Disney board  is for non-parks Disney news only. :-)  I'll combine the posts.

andrewuk

Not bad at all, but what will it take for WDS to reach the level of the second gates in Anaheim, Orlando and Tokyo? Disneyland park seems to inch closer and closer to third place, might get there in a few years.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

Malin

I tend to take the TEA Report with a pinch of salt. It claims Tokyo Disneyland is third most visited park, but anyone who has been will give a completely different account. How can it measure an acurate figure in regards to the Disney parks when it doesn't take into account park hopper tickets. My understanding is that park hopper tickets are counted by the first click of the day, so the numbers for the Studios for instance is probarely much higher than listed!