Is Mickey Mouse Outdated?

Started by PabloPaul, July 27, 2011, 11:25:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petals

My 2 year old nephew loves Mickey mouse and if you dare turn off MMCH you better run for cover  :lol:  Actually I put on old Mickey Mouse cartoons for him last time I saw him and he recognised it as Mickey Mouse but was confused by the fact that he was different from MMCH Mickey

BoristheSpider

Poor Mickey!

I don't think he will ever be outdated, just like Disney won't!
It still amazes me how some of the classics are from as early as the 1930's (Mickey even earlier, of course) yet are still relevant to children today. The animation and stories are just so current that they could've been made only yesterday.

Sorry - got a little carried away there!

Japperboy

I'm not a big fan of the new shorts! I don't understand why cartoons are getting so minimalistic. I loved the old shorts, who were so good animated, where Mickey Mouse had a nice shape and looks just so cute. Disney said: It was all started with a mouse and i understand that the Disney company wanna make Mickey mouse hip again. But why not do a new full-lengt movie like fantasia or a Christmas carol, ... We don't need to give Mickey a new look, but let the kids of to day know how cool Mickey was.
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. Walt Disney