Europa Park with photos

Started by Patrick, July 26, 2006, 09:13:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick

Hallo, guten morgan from Europa Park well the hotel El Castillo Al Cazaar to be precise :wink: .  Currently staying here for this week and having a good time if I can ignore my sisters whining and the random ideas which are way too disney I'm amazed they even have them.  So might as well write a trip report about the deutsch park that some people class as one of Europe's best themed parks.
Left stansted at 7am as stated on our tickets arrived a little late in Baden Baden airpark, got on our mini bus went and dropped the first lot of people off in Strasburg as it does and then was us next to europa park.  However a gigantic traffic jam I can only suspect caused by a very big accident stopped us early.  Got onto the motorway and then stuck, our random german mini bus driver who was really starting to get annoyed and upset tried alternative routes, no good all completely at a stand still just like the one we had been on already.  So went back and waited for 2 hours to get out the jam and ended up at our hotel 1 hour 30 minutes later than planned.  

El Castillo is a very spanish medieval castle themed hotel and works quite well, the details are nice, but it is just missing something, which has to be said the hotels in paris hold.  Checked in and went out to the park I was amazed by the themeing and strangely saw those wonderful under water ride coming in 2007 poster in many places, reminding me even more I must ride nemo in wds next year :lol: .  Atlantica was our first ride, nice ride great queue, drop and station themeing, one problem, POTC dead mans chest he's a pirate music playing, now I was so confused there was a drunken pirate speaking german in the corner and potc music now this park really then became random.  Rapids later were fun, but nothing special your usual slow not so fun ride that has been waited for 30 minutes for.  
Back to the hotel where we had a rest and then I went back out again went on the bobsled roller coaster really fun and well themed to the area, no complaints there, but then came silver star the most boring queue and has absolutely nothing to do with france the area its in.  It was more like a mercades benz advert and then a roller coaster, which I nearly did not fit in :? .  Posiedon after again themeing zto greek ancient temple amazing, but then on the ride I noticed music, from either pearl harbor or armageddon I mean really why can't thez use their own music.
That night went over to Le Collosseo hotel and had a nice meal sat on the collossium steps and watched the water show came back while I sprained my ankle on the steps walking down, but was ok kinda.  

Tuesday 25th July
Woke up early went into the park and went on the log flume, nice thing but random storyline inside the cave which it and the mine train passes, something to do with miners and random things like dragons and ships, so of course went on the mine train next, fun ride and nice to see they did not have it closed off due to a accident on the same ride system in alton towers last week.  Came back had breakfast and went back again breakfast seemed nicer than that of dlrp probably because they had a wider selection.  Went back on the log flume then off to Euro Mir, in russia a spinning roller coaster around some pillars that are mean't to resemble a russian space station rather random, but fun all the same and it had its own theme tune, not taken from a movie.  After walked around took in the atmosphere then went to the time travel moving theatre laser and light display, I was hoping for something timekeeperish what I saw couldn't have been further away.  A random man then came some projections of history of the world strangely as my sister noted including Jesus who really has not even been definately indentifed to even have existed random, ending at the berlin wall falling.  Then came a laser show which can only be described as very german and randomly like a rave, in a time travelling attraction, definately random thing to include, though the music is now stuck in my head.  Walked out of the freaky attraction I must do again for randomness value walked over to a calm raft ride, jungle cruise anyone, but without a narrator and figures, which seem as though they have not been painted in the 30 years the park has been open :? .  Ate lunch which took 30 minutes to get served for, definately dlrp beat them on that.  Walked then to see Europa Park parade, I was hoping for something up to disney standards, what I saw was nice but rather odd, starting with a woman inside a football, damn you world cup and then floats of trains and things representing each area, with euromaus in a cart at the end with a random parade tune the wwodp definately does beat it.  Silver star again and this time the attendant didn't believe me when I said I had been on before and so made sure I could fit by sitting in a test seat at the entrance the queue was shorter than the night before but the coaster is still fun.  Then walked around and what did I see in the french area, Film sets, European film sets :wink: .  Could that have been part of wds inspiration for the concept thez drew up, but then walked round some more and what did I see an umbrella with some water falling on top, very wds :lol: .  Walked to the globe now after seeing the surprise film set area and then watched shakesphere's trauma, a random show, which was about witch craft in his globe.  Did not understand half of it due to the language barrier, but seemed rather like a glorified tarzan encounter set in the globe.  Of course with less of a cast, but before it started TREASURE PLANET music was playing, yet again disney music, then duing it shakesphere in love music, now I really could have believed I was in wds if it was not for the big globe theatre and the continuous german language.  The show is done well, but seems lost on the likes of me thanks to the language.
Ended up riding posiedon again and walked around to what seemed like a very main street loooking area at the entrance to the park.  Walked out the park to collect sisters and then came back in and was served our meal by some french staff member, really kind and everything like many people working here.  Then went to see OVER THE HEDGE in german :lol: , was rather lost on me, but because the storyline ios so rubbish anyway it was simple tp figure what happened.  The only good side was the effects of water, wind and some other random thing making it feel like our legs were getting electric shocks.  Very cinemagique :wink: , tonight we are seeing the german europa park premiere of potc dead mans chest or simple potc 2 as it is here.  
So for now that's about it and will try and find more disney and random references throughout the park.  Also will post some photos at the weekend till the byebye :) .

experiment627

Hey Pat,

thanks so much for your report!

You capture beautifully my feelings - and my annoyance - with that place.

It's a beautiful park, but how people can honestly think that it reaches Disney quality or even surpasses it is more than beyond me...

And do yourself a favour, don't try their Pirates attraction. Just don't. For the love of God, just don't!

Patrick

Here's some photos from the park

Atlantica

I rode for Switzerland on the bobsled

The Silver Star queue line sorry museum for Mercades Benz

Poseidon one of the greatest themed stations

A nice view

View from my hotel room

Collosseo hotel

Random foundtain display

Atlantica as seen from my hotel room

The wannabe Jungle Cruise

Random French film set area

Seems like a park somewhere else :wink:

Random European flags

Silver Star at sunset

My hotel

Bobsled

Generic shot of Poseidon

Pegasus

Mercades Benz advertisement

Italy

Italy

Germany

Euro Mir

Random Europa Park parade

Random time travel attraction building

Matterhorn Blitz

View from hotel room by night

Ice Show dancing to football music

French area

Euro Sat

The Globe in England area

Anthony

Brilliant photos, cheers!  =D>  I'm officially pissed of at how crap every park in the UK is compared to this. (themeing wise)

The third photo of the parade is making me laugh A LOT, and I love how many times you described photos as "random".  :lol:  :wink: