Crush's Coaster

Started by Anthony, July 18, 2006, 07:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MinnieMouse

We do "CRush´s Coaster" last week when we stay at DLRP from 04.-07.06.2007 and it was great, a scary ride with a wonderful theming.

In the beginning a soft ride, after that is was a very rough ride, but very good, we have a lot of fun. The "Turtle-Wagon" looks nice ;-)

Alexandra

TowMater

This could be a bit off topic but it is about the ride,

I might do my own version off this on RCT3 (Roller Coaster Tycoon 3).
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

Nala_84

Quote from: "TowMater"This could be a bit off topic but it is about the ride,

I might do my own version off this on RCT3 (Roller Coaster Tycoon 3).

Thanks for the info  :roll:

@ MinnieMouse: What do you mean with "scary" - scary like Phantom Manor or scary like R'n'Roller Coaster? :shock: ;)
Well, I'm really scared of coasters, I love BTM and Indiana Jones is okay for me, but never tried Space Mountain or R'n'R coaster until now.
Would you say Crush would be okay for me then? Is it "only" the first high and fast drop which is scary? Or is the whole rest very fast then?  

I'm so scared but I HAVE to try it, Crush seems to be themed sooo great :)
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Nath

Nala_84, check out my latest post in the "Just how frightening is the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster?" Topic, some points I made might be able to help you.

To be honest, it doesn't look that bad or intense, it's a basic set up coaster whichs is designed to be fun, so lets hope it is.

MinnieMouse

Hello Nala,

I wolul like to say it is as scary as the Rock´n Roller Coaster, but with no looping :-)

Rest per PN auf deutsch:-)

Alexandra

TowMater

It's scary? I've got autisum who gets scared sometimes and what shall I do now if this ride is scary?

I've seen some on ride videos but it sounds good then you came along.  :P

Previous Disney Visits

Bowie

Are there finally any adds on Crush's Coaster , on Disney Central plaza forum they said they added Cloads or something . And is there finally a good bye scene . I want a good bye scene a attraction isn't complete with a good bye scene EVERY attraction in DLRP has a good bye scene even Rock'n roller coaster has it  '' Im lovin that !'' with the lightning effects in de tunnel. And do you see Crush or Squirt on the wall in the big drop ..?  Thank you already

Bowie

tubbsy

Quote from: "TowMater"It's scary? I've got autisum who gets scared sometimes and what shall I do now if this ride is scary?

My son has aspergers Mater. But hes a complete maniac when it comes to wild n scary rides-he's more noise sensitive. Loud music or fireworks and he goes to pieces. Bless him-funny how it affects different people in different ways.

http://parks.disneylandparis.co.uk/walt ... ster.xhtml

Even though the height restriction is 1:07m-which my four year old is already-they have said that it is not recommended for children under the age of 7. Does this mean its parental discretion as to whether the child can ride or not? Or will kids under the age of 7 not be allowed to ride? As I've said my littluns a maniac for this sort of ride-hes even asking how big odes he have to be to ride RNRC! :shock:

Hope someone can let me know.  :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Angela

Tubbs... Studio Tram Tour was adviced not to ride for kids under 4 I believe... yet I took in the little one who was just 2 at the moment... (they could not see he was not 4 anyway but well..) he loved it.. he got scared a little by the fire but loved the water.... So I do not think they will not allow you to go not on the ride with the little one.. but you have to think about it yourself.. after all.. the one who ends up with a screaming kid at night is you... right...

Anonymous

The thing about the tram tour is the heat from the flames is very warm, and that could be off putting and frightening to young kids - a bit like Armageddon.

RocketBabyDoll

I guess it just means that children under 7 could be scared, but it's not a safety issue like with kids that are smaller than 107 cm. So I think he should be able to ride, because you know best what's good for your child.
Don\'t waste your time or time will waste you

tubbsy

Thanks everyone. :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

TowMater

Quote from: "tubbsy"
Quote from: "TowMater"It's scary? I've got autisum who gets scared sometimes and what shall I do now if this ride is scary?

My son has aspergers Mater. But hes a complete maniac when it comes to wild n scary rides-he's more noise sensitive. Loud music or fireworks and he goes to pieces. Bless him-funny how it affects different people in different ways.

I am alright on Space Mountain the WDW version which is also dark.

I don't like loud music either, I don't do discos but I just go outside and play instead of dancing inside but I am okay for fireworks.

Previous Disney Visits

disneyfanatic

Went on Crush's Coaster the last few days and I did not find it scary or bumpy- it was AWESOME!!! I felt it was pretty smooth for a coaster and I liked riding facing backwards more than forwards but some of our kids and hubby liked forwards better. It is pretty dark and our 7 year old was a little nervous & quiet the first time on but loved it and went back on no problem. Do not have a little one sit on the Right if facing forwards as the shark is close to you and may scare them :wink: I really felt as if I were in a current as you didn't know where or when you were going to drop or turn and you do not turn around fast in the shells. Hope this helps anyone who may be nervous. Definitly not scary though in my opinion. Tip go first thing in the morning. We were first in line at the park everymorning and never were the first in line at Crush's coaster. Yesturday when we got in the ride wasn't even running untill about 45-50 minutes after the park opened. We got on about 11am. Definitly worth the wait though. Today we were stuck briefly on the ride but it was ok as the little kids knew what to expect already.

Nala_84

Thank you for the report disneyfanatic - you really encouraged me now by saying it's not that scary, fast and bumpy at all! :)

Being first in line is also our planning for September, WDS is always our first visit on the first day! :)
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]