Crush's Coaster

Started by Anthony, July 18, 2006, 07:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToadWithPinkEyes

Quote from: "Rorschach"I was in DLP last weekend. It was packed and of course Crush's Coaster had enormous waiting times as always BUT we went there during Magic Hours at 8:05 and there were only about 30 people in the queue, which is nothing. We went on it 2 times in a row with hardly any waiting. So to avoid the queues that's the way to do it.

Did you do Extra Magic Hours in WDS? I thought they didn't exist! In that case, surely the best time to ride Crush's Coaster is during EMHs????

never2old

We were there last week, we went to WDS on Thursday a bit before the park opened (around 9:45) and joined the small queue for Crush, we ended up waiting about 10 minutes, it was great!

And I have to say, I really enjoyed the ride!!

Martyn

Quote from: "ToadWithPinkEyes"Did you do Extra Magic Hours in WDS? I thought they didn't exist! In that case, surely the best time to ride Crush's Coaster is during EMHs????

Well that depends if they would run it at full capacity or not. I took advantage of extra hours in January, yet Space Mountain only had one train on, so the queue was longer then, than it was when the park was open properly. Pointless really.

CentralPlazaPerson

I was there from 31st March to 3 April and the queue was a disaster. I got to ride it twice which was good but one of the times we queued for 70 min but I think it was a lot more. Brilliant ride but I think a fast pass would work well. Is there a reason why it isn't fast pass?

pink_danio

were just back and on the two times we were there the queue was huge 90 minutes at one point. Luckily i had a disability pass that got us half wway through the queue. I dont think its an adult ride though. It was one of my 5yr olds favourite rides.

SM:M3

Quote from: "CentralPlazaPerson"Brilliant ride but I think a fast pass would work well. Is there a reason why it isn't fast pass?

This is why there isn't Fastpass;
//http://www.dlrptoday.com/2008/07/30/fastpass-and-crush-unworkable-or-inevitable/

Shame really

James6

Does Crush's Coaster have On-Ride photo's :D ?
Very excited for first trip to DLRP in over 10 years! Big Thunder here we come!

CafeFantasia

@James6. No, Crush's Coaster does not have a ride photography system. No photos are taken of guests onboard the ride.

Now that Crush has been open for a good 3 years, hopefully it's ok to post this. A lot of you may never have seen this before:

peep

^That's a cool find Alan. Very interesting to know the exact layout of the first bit of the coaster, which is probably the best part of the coaster too.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

claire2281

Quote from: "SM:M3"
Quote from: "CentralPlazaPerson"Brilliant ride but I think a fast pass would work well. Is there a reason why it isn't fast pass?

This is why there isn't Fastpass;
//http://www.dlrptoday.com/2008/07/30/fastpass-and-crush-unworkable-or-inevitable/

Shame really

I can understand why they don't have a FASTPASS on it. But they really should stick some big screens up and put the film on. It's such a horrible queue to wait in. Total cattle pen.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

Festival Disney

The most interesting thing i can remember from waiting in crush last year were the birds nests in the ceiling of the 'shed' part of the exterior queue :P The cute little chicks and their mothers feeding them :)
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

fly_with_me_dumbo

I'm planning on running to Crush's coaster when wds opens at 10, (i'm not staying with disney) I havent ever been onthis ride and would love to! Is WDS in the EMH? I'm really hoping its not hehe, becasue I dont want to have to join a huge que at 10 :D

bensmum

The most interesting part of my queue was watching the rat running around in the bamboo and sand outside!

Ispolis

Quote from: "fly_with_me_dumbo"I'm planning on running to Crush's coaster when wds opens at 10, (i'm not staying with disney) I havent ever been onthis ride and would love to! Is WDS in the EMH? I'm really hoping its not hehe, becasue I dont want to have to join a huge que at 10 :D

Just back from DLRP and biggest queue in either park was for Crush's Coaster, even at 10 am.  :(

Enjoyable ride though and one for most of the family.

Martyn

You should be ok if you get there first thing. But then everytime I've done that, its broken down before opening, so we're basically told to bogof!lol

Anywho, hopefully TSPL will attract the guests upon opening time, to leave Crushkins for us adults!