dagobert

Photos have been removed!

More to come!

dagobert

dagobert

jackieann

Lovely photos,  i miss disneyland, love cafe mickey!

dagobert

Day 4 – Third Day in the Parks

Again early breakfast. On our way to the parks we stopped at Starbucks to get some coffee, like everyday. We started our day with SM and Buzz Lightyear. Since Orbitron was also open this morning, we took a spinning ride. Over in Fantasyland we rode Peter Pan and Mad Hatter's Tea Cups.
After PM we had a Fastpass for BTM. Unfortunately when we arrived at the loading station, the ride had to close due to technical problems. Half an hour later the ride was back in operation. At 11 am we had again an early lunch at the Fuente del Oro. Sadly they changed the menu and so the restaurant didn't offer the Fajitas with grilled vegetables anymore we had last time. So we ordered fries and nachos with guacamole.

Then it was time for Indy, PotC and Star Tours. For this day we had again a reservation at the Agrabah Café where we had a delicious meal.

Afterwards we headed to the Studios to ride ToT and RnRC. We also watched Animagique and Cinemagique. Both shows are great, especially the latter one. We never miss them during our trips. Since it was Saturday WDS stayed open until 7pm and so we could make some pictures of the park with all the lights. WDS is really beautiful after dark when everything is illuminated.

Nevertheless we had to have a happy hour beer at King Ludwig's Castle and afterwards we walked back to DLP which was open until 22 o'clock.

We enjoyed the evening hours a lot, because there weren't many people inside the park and so every attraction was to walk on. Claudia and I rode Snow White, Pinocchio, PM, PotC and Indy. Before leaving the park we had to ride BTM. After the first round there weren't any new guests and so the CM asked if we want to ride again. Of course we wanted!!!
Since it was already 10pm we left the park and had some drinks at the hotel bar.

Photos will follow shortly!

dagobert

More to come!

dagobert

dagobert

dagobert

Day 5 – Fourth Day in the Parks

Like everyday we had breakfast at 7am and a coffee at Starbucks. After Peter Pan and the Tea Cups we walked over to Discoveryland where we rode SM and BLLB. The board in front of Autopia said that the attraction will open at 10 am and we realized that CMs prepared the ride, so we got in line, since we have never done this ride before. A few minutes after10am a CM told us that they are not sure if the ride will open and sent us away. You can imagine that all the people in the queue were a little bit angry.

So after this disappointment we had tea and snacks at Salon Mickey. Then we walked to the Studios. There we did the Flying Carpets and Stitch Live. Stitch Live uses the same technology like Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor at WDW, but the Monsters Inc. attraction was funnier, but that's just our opinion.

Lunch was at Café des Cascadeurs. We ordered fries and the Veggie Burger with grilled vegetables, which was really good. Afterwards we watched Lights, Motors, Action! We like the Paris version better than the one in Florida, because there they describe the effects before and then they did the show. Here in Paris it was always the other way round.

At 3pm we had a reservation at Walt's. We have already eaten there two times and it was always our favourite restaurant at DLRP, but this time it was a big disappointment. As already mentioned, we had a very unpleasant experience with the manager at Walt's who kept talking French to us even if it was obvious that we couldn't understand him. We asked if it was possible to create a special vegan meal for Claudia - and this was suggested by the City Hall, they've told us it would be "no problem". Well, it turned out that it actually was a big problem, because first they told us that all Claudia could have was a salad with tomatoes. Walt's has a lot of vegetable side dishes, and this was all that we could get? So we wanted to leave and eat somewhere else. Suddenly the waitress asked the cook again what he can prepare for Claudia, and assured us that she would get something. That 'something' was grilled vegetables and a green salad (with hardly any dressing). It was like a bad joke, especially since they charged us 18 euros for this "meal". I had the Ravioli, which were fine, but I really couldn't enjoy my meal, I was too upset. When I paid, the waitress told me that we were not the first guests on this day who asked for special meals, but that there is nothing for them to eat. Oh, and the manager came to our table and asked if everything was fine. We told him that it actually was not fine, and that he should overthink the menu, but suddenly he didn't speak English anymore... More and more people have special diets, due to food allergies or ethical concerns, and this is what you get? At WDW they try to do everything to satisfy the guests (they do a lot of awesome vegan meals), but at DLRP most of the CMs tried to get rid of us. Maybe next time we will save our money for a trip to WDW.
Afterwards we went back to the studios. I have never seen this park with so many guests. The waiting times at Crush and ToT were 95 minutes and 60 minutes at RnRC around noon.

Our last ride in the studios was our favourite attraction with the best CMs in the resort, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror.

After buying some souvenirs in the studios store we had again a happy hour beer and fries at King Ludwig's.

Then we headed back to DLP, because the park stayed open until 9 o'clock. We did PotC, PM and BTM. Unfortunately Indy was already closed.

After park closing we did some shopping in DV and then went back to the hotel where we had a huge cocktail at the hotel bar.

Day 6 – Returning Home

We had breakfast at 7am and we left the hotel at 8am. After a long drive home we had a great dinner at our local Chinese Restaurant.

Photos will follow!

dagobert

More to come!

dagobert

More to come!

dagobert

That's it.

never2old

I just finished catching up with your trip report.

I love your pictures!! You have some really great ones - and it looks as if you really had perfect weather (well, maybe a little bit cold...)!

I'm really sorry about your experience at Walt's, just because it's the low season it's no excuse not to treat the guests right...

dagobert

Conclusion:

We had a great time in the parks. The attractions were in a very good condition compared to 2008. We had also the impression that the park was very clean with no overloaded dust bins.

As I've already mentioned in the beginning of my trip report, we had a hard time to find something great to eat for Claudia. We have always compared the DLRP guest service with the one in Florida, which was really great. There they tried to do everything for us. Maybe we shouldn't have done this.

Now after calming down we are still planning to go to DLRP again, although I said that we will save our money for WDW. Next time we will be better prepared, because now we know what us awaits there.

Guest Behaviour:

This time we haven't encountered any rude guest behaviour, except a group of teenagers that skipped nearly the whole queue at ToT. We didn't also see any people smoking in queues and in buildings.

Next time we will also stay off site, because the SL was really not worth the money. Maybe we were just unlucky with our room, but it was really not in such a good condition as the rooms we had at the Santa Fe. Next time we are thinking about  booking one of the two Vienna International hotels, lets bring our money to an Austrian company, that's patriotic, isn't it? :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I hope you liked our trip report and thanks for all your answers!!

dagobert

Quote from: "never2old"I just finished catching up with your trip report.

I love your pictures!! You have some really great ones - and it looks as if you really had perfect weather (well, maybe a little bit cold...)!

I'm really sorry about your experience at Walt's, just because it's the low season it's no excuse not to treat the guests right...

Thanks for your answer.

The weather was fine, although it was cold. Sometimes it snowed a little bit. At least it didn't rain. Snow is definately better than rain.