trip report 12th - 15th february - Day 3 is complete xx

Started by benjylovesu2, February 16, 2010, 01:34:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benjylovesu2

Hey guys me and my partner and back from disney, we had an amazing time. this is just a pre trip report to get you all ready and excited for when i can get round to writing my trip report and uploading the pictures.

My partner and i had an amazing time including an upgrade, a present from disney, all our meals free, a problem with our reservation for dinner, an amazing incident with minnie mouse, many many photos.

Shopping wise we bought a few items, my partners mum bought me a tigger model for my birthday which is amazing, we bought a few christmas decorations, a photo album, a stitch teddy, a big mickey glass, some key rings, some diseny sweets and biscuits. plus some other bits.

we had dinner at plazza gardens, walts, blue lagoon and planet hollywood and lunch at restaurant en coulisse, fuente del oro and hakuna matata.

My trip report will follow shortly as soon as my partner has sent me the photos as he took them as im rubbish with a camera. i will give full details on everything including the food.

sad now its over, we are looking forward to booking to go again next year but not till after the new generation festival!!!
xxxxx
Where dreams really do come true

satine15

looking forwars for your pictures =)
Next Trip: 28th of March---Hotel Santa Fe

benjylovesu2

Hey guys still waiting to get the pictures but hopefully not too long now xxx :D

Aveen2008

Hey really glad you had a great trip, looking forward to hearing about your trip! :D  :D  :D
Luv Aveen xoxo

benjylovesu2

So i finally have the pictures and that means i can start my trip report.

It starts on friday 12th february at 8am when i left to head to Rob's (my partner) house, where at 9 we left with his mum taking us to ashford, when we got there and had checked in, we got onto the eurostar, which due to the very bad weather had speed restrictions. It took us from 10.28 (our time) till 2pm (french time) to get there.

As we got off the train with our luggage and headed to the disney express counter we saw chip and dale welcoming the guests, we side stepped these as they were just crowded with children and i knew i would have time to see these at another time, plus i did not have my autograph book yet. Once we had handed our luggage over, we headed for the exit of the train station to appear right outside the Disney Village  :D  This is when a huge smile crossed my face and rob turned to me and said 'we are in disney'

After this we decided to head to the hotel and see if we could check in early we walked in the lobby and i fell in love imediatly and so did rob, the smell was amazing thanks to everyone who said to notice it. We went to the reception and we were told we could check in, the guy on the desc wished me a happy birthday, he also mentioned something about we could use all restaurants but we got a bit confused as it was hard to understand him through his strong french accent (it turns out that we had access to all restaurants for breakfast including the empire state club one, we did not realise this till the last day  :( ) We then went to our room where we were on the 8th floor and had been upgraded to a lake veiw room

this is the veiw from our room. When we walked in i had received the upgrade plus a disney mug filled with sweets and a few baloons, which rob and i thought was very nice of them.

After just checking out the room where we had robes and slippers in the bathroom and nice toiletries, the bed was huge it seemed bigger than a king size bed,  it was amazing.

We decided to head to the park! on the way we had a quick look in some shops in the Disney Village and then as we walked closer to the park i got more and more excited. We went through the bag checking area, today was the one and only time they used the actual scanners on the bags, i suppose it was less busy so it was ok to. We then walked towards the entrance where we had to have the picture of the hotel.

We entred through the gates with no problem whatso ever and entred the magic, i was literally bouncing and so was rob. We took this picture now because the park was not majorly busy.

This is where im going to leave the trip report for today, i hope you enjoy it so far the rest of day 1 will be up today or tomorrow.
looking forward to seeing your comments.

LOve ben xx

jackieann

Hi Ben

Love the report and pics so far,  can i ask with the upgrade and present left for you, did someone tell them it was your birthday before hand?? and if so who do u or they talk to? I have been before during various family members and not had anything.  I also want to book to go over my daughters 5th birthday so any tips you have would be great

Many Thanks and look forward to reading the rest

Jackie
XX

tubbsy

OOH! What a lovely surprise. I'm interested too as its my 40th birthday and our 20th wedding anniversary so I'd love to make a bit of a fuss :)
Love the photos. The cheesey excited grins in the first photo are great.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

benjylovesu2

Day 1 part 2.

So after taking the pictures of the castle, we decided to have a wonder around main street taking in all the different shops and the themes and the windows, after this we headed down to central plaza where Mickeys Magical Party was about to start

we only stayed to watch the first part of the show as we decided we would watch the rest another day ( we never did get to ) we then decided to head towards adventurland and we went on POTC our first ride of the holiday. We literally walked on there was no que at all, which was really good, i enjoyed this ride and all the effects were working as far as i could work out.

After this we realised it was close to 5 so we headed back to central plaza and waited to the parade to start.

IMG]http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy45/benjylovesu/Disney%20february%202010/20136_292298022705_517712705_290104.jpg[/IMG]

at this point i did have a tear in my eye, lol. Rob tried to get a picture of Mickey and Minnie kissing but they were to quick for him.

I really liked the toy story float, i thought it was so cool.

One of the penguins fell over during the parade, i felt sorry for the poor little penguin.

I really liked this picture, i thought it was good the way the float was caught!

Then it was time for the float i had been waiting for the princess float  :D

After the parade we had a walk around main street as we had a reservation booked for 6 at the plazza gardens restaurant, We arrived at the restaurant at about five to six and got shown to a table, we had dinner which was ok not the best meal we had, we liked it because after travelling it was nice to be able to eat as much as we wanted. I did not like the starters but the main courses were nice as were the desserts. But i cant complain as it was free.

After this we took a picture of the castle at night time

We then headed back to the hotel as the park was closing at seven today, as we walked through the disney village we had a look in some shops to get an idea of what to get in the days to come.

Once we got back to the hotel our luggage had arrived and our bed had been turned down with chicolates placed on it for us.

We then had a bath and stuff then got into bed and watched the disney channel whilst planning what we would do the following day.

Hope you like it so far Day 2 will come later today

xxxxx

dagobert

Thanks for your trip report. Maybe we have met each other, because we have been to DLRP at the same time.

benjylovesu2

Hey, yeah i did notice that we were there at the same time, keep an eye out for yourself in the pics lol, i would love it if i appeared in any of your pictures,  i have been looking out in other peoples photos and videos.

To those that asked about the birthday upgrade, my boyfriend emailed them before hand once that was the customer relations email address on dlrp magic and she got back to me within two days saying that she would pass it on to the hotel and they would do what they could. i suppose its different in every hotel and depending on what they can do and how busy they are.

hope this helps and i hope you manage to get something sorted.

benjylovesu

loladelorean

wow it sounds as though you were upgraded to empire state club for free, with the robes and turn down service- thats amazing!!! i would love to go over my birthday, my boyfriend refuses to go hes a big grouch. but he did pay for me to go with my sister last year so i cant complain much!
your photos are fab, really looking forward to the rest of your trip report.
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

tubbsy

Aw loving the Eeore photo in the parade and I love the Villians float photo. Brilliant.
And thanks for the info-I think we'll send them the info on birthday and anniversary and wait and see. I've got quite a wait for my trip but reading your report and others to is getting me really excited.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

benjylovesu2

Day 2.

Today was my birthday we woke up and rob gave me my present a very nice and expensive watch. We then headed down to breakfast which we had in the manhatten restaurant, it was really nice in here, rob and i have decided that next time we are going to have dinner in here. After this we headed to extra magic hours, where we had a look around the park whilst it was empty then we did buzz lightyear lazer blast which rob and i both really enjoyed we wanted to do this again but we never did again as the que was always really long and the fastpass machines were not working.

After doing this we went on peter pan, the ride i had been waiting to go on since we booked the holiday as i am a big peter pan fan. i loved this ride it looked amazing, everything was working and looked really magical. I feel so glad that it had a refurbishment before i went.

After this we went to walt disney studios to head for crush's coaster because i had read on here that you have to get there early. so we got there and the que was still quite busy but only took about 40 minutes, i loved this ride and me and rob screamed the whole way round, we did feel silly because behind us was a young boy who did not scream once lol.  :oops:

After this we had a walk around the studios and i have to say i really like the studios, after reading what people had to say about it here i was not sure that i would enjoy the studios but i really did,  i just think it has such a nice feel to it. As we walked past the toon studio we realise that stich and chip and dale were out.  I did think this was a weird combo to have out together but im not arguing lol

We then headed past the new toy story land and took a few photos

Toy story play land does not appeal to me, i mean once its opened i will have a look there but im not getting overly excited about it.

We then noticed that Pluto and goofy were out in the studios, i had to have my photo of course lol

After this we headed to the motors stunt show ( sorry cant remember exact name) i was not majorly bothered about doing this but rob dragged me there, and i have to say im glad he did. they had to shorten the show due to the weather because it was snowing slightly, but i really enjoyed this. i felt it was done so well.

After sitting there for half an hour and having my whole body becoming numb and robs as well we dicided to have lunch, we headed to restaurant en coulisse and used our meal voucher and had a cheeseburger, chips, drink and a dessert. We really liked this lunch, it was rather large and enough to get us through the afternoon.

We then decided to head out of the studios but we noticed Mickey and Minnie were having pictures taken together so we got in the que and waited but just as were getting near the front Mickey had to go  :(  but hey we had minnie to have a picture with

After this we headed to the disney village and had a hot drink in starbucks, had a look around the village shops again and then headed back to the hotel to warm up again. After about an hour and a change of clothes we headed back to the main park. We decided to go on Phantom Manor which was really good all the effects are working and we both really enjoyed this. We then went and qued for snow white ride which we both decided it was really evil ride,  we thought it did not really show the good happy bits in sno white, maybe its just us. We also thought it was really clunky. We then qued for pinochio ride which we enjoyed but also again really clunky and seemed to rush through the ride. i would have liked it to go slowly to look at the scenes.

By this point it was getting late we had a reservation at walts for 8pm, so we decided to walk around adventurland and climbed the swiss family robinson tree which we tried to take a picture of the castle from there but it was so cold that we both kept shaking and they did not turn out very good lol. We then headed down around adventure land and had a picture take

After this we headed to Walts, we got there to be told that we had no reservation, which i know i had booked because the first time i booked was month before we went and then i honed up a week before we left to be told that the reservations had not been doen so i re did them. I was really annoyed and upset as this was my birthday meal and i really wanted to go there. As it was my birthday the lady on the desk found us a table but it was practically on top of two other couples where they had inserted it in there. So we found the meal to be very uncomfortable and did not enjoy the meal as much as would have wanted. the food was good though. After our meal which i had a chicken ceasor salad for started followed by steak and then the trio of desserts we headed back to the hotel by this point it was 10 and the park was closing. We got back in our room ordered a drink on room service and watched tv whilst planning the next day.

day 3 will follow as soon as i can.

hope you like it

xxx

carberry

Looking forward to it  :)  Its really getting me all excited about my trip my Thur  :D/

DLP-Photos.com

Thanks for the great report - it sounds like you've had a lovely trip!

Cool how the hotel treated you because of the birthday - it is things like this that still make it worth staying at one of the Disney Hotels :)

Sorry to hear about the problem at Walts - it sounds like they had some problems in these days thinking about dagoberts experience too :(

I cannot wait for the next part - it makes me look forward to my next trip - hopefully in august :)
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]