Disney Showtime Spectacular (2010)

Started by Poppy The Monkey, February 03, 2010, 12:43:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterpanfan1953

This looks tons better than It's Party Time... I look forward to seeing some video of it and if that confirms what the pictures show it will be something I really look forward to seeing in May... and unlike It's Party Time something that I will want to see more than a couple times.  Very glad they have added some new (and brought back some older) characters!
\":peter:\"All it takes is faith, trust, and pixie dust

dlrpkris

It does feel strange ahving some of these characters in Disneyland Park itself. Unlike the other resorts, Paris had tried to keep the newer Pixar characters in the Walt Disney Studios park. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I kind of liked having a different range of characters in either... but for the purpose of this festival it's nice to see them all together in the same place
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

dlrpkris

Not quite as energetic as I had expected, but nice to see they've been playing with the music a lot until even recently :)

[youtube:3kumwehs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBCo1P9mBHM[/youtube:3kumwehs]

Posted on Disney Central Plaza forums and uploaded by CharactersPhotosBlog

Anyone else get THAT warm Disney feeling during the Princess Tiana and Naveen fanfare? Even better for real :) Those flags remind me of how far we've now come since the Candleabration Ceremony...
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"

Anthony

What a step up! You know, I think this stage might finally be justified.

Quote from: "dlrpkris"I think this is something we can be really proud of - maybe not those dancer outfits though. What's DLP's obsession with that kinda thing?
These ones? http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/d ... C09020.jpg

I was going to comment they were nice! They look like they've actually been designed rather than pulled off the racks of H&M in 2 minutes like last year's camp orange numbers.

dlrpkris

Oh no - not those ones. I totally adored the striped waistcoats :) I meant the outfits that look suspicously similar to last year. The tracksuit-looking ones that they use for most of the show (and un-zip for The Incredibles etc)

Aurora

Looking forward to seeing this! My daughter will be surprised to see Angel in it. I didn`t tell her Angel is a character now. Does anyone know, if Angel is doing meet and greets? I think Lara would stand for an hour or more to get her autograph. [-o<
Aurora

Soap

Well i must say, i liked it :)
Thanks for sharing.
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

cinders

It`s a really great show.....i was there monday and tuesday was really suprised too see the Train too i took over 500 pictures over the two days i was there....so many angles so many good shots ! Yesterday they did the show twice and we caught both i really really enjoyed it ! Also Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen were present at the Once Upon A Dream Parade.....That really made my little girl happy !!

2004  Decemeber Hotel  Santa Fe
2005  October Hotel  Cheyenne
2007 Decemeber  Hotel Santa Fe
2008 Decemeber Hotel Cheyenne
2009 July Hotel Santa Fe
2009 Novemeber Sequoia Lodge
Abigail`s 7th birthday suprise 21st March 2010
2010 9th Decemeber Santa Fe can`t wait!

QTXAdsy

Great to see Angel is now at DLP. :)  

I do have vague memories of the show, ironically enough, her episode was in fact the first I every saw of the Lilo and Stitch show.

I have to admit that DSS is much better from that other show we had last year.

Here Come The Belgians!

littlemermaid83

Wow it looks really good!!!

Can't wait till October.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Columbiad

Wow - what a fantastic show! Amazing to see so many characters on stage! :D

Quote from: "Anthony"What a step up! You know, I think this stage might finally be justified.

I'm not so sure. They made it with the idea of the show being seen from anywhere around it, (like 360 degrees) and yet the main action (Naveen and Tiana) are at the front satalite. Surely that leaves all the audience members crowed round the back satalite a bit clue-less? It would have been nice if they were in the middle.
 I know this is picky, but they built a hideous new stage and now it seems they arent using it to its full advantage.

It really looks good. Such a step up from MMP! Love the backing dancers, and thier backing-ness. :)
Does anyone know who does the voice for Tiana in this show? I take it is isnt Anika Noni-Rose?

dlrpkris

I've not seen the movie so I can't comment, but was told it is the real Princess Tiana :)

kelly.dylan

Wow - the show looks great, cant wait to go in October.

My son was amazed when he saw Mike and Boo from Monsters Inc as there has only ever been Sulley in the park =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

dlrpkris

[youtube:3pkpvo0h]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaY4DWyCAAA[/youtube:3pkpvo0h]
From CharactersPhotosBlog again

The sound isn't quite right here. The opening sounds like it's all guitar for some reason.

Love all the pyro. Does anyone else think the opening dance seems quite restricted? Compared to It's Party Time, it doesn't quite get you in the mood. I know the Mickey costume changes are tricky, but that smoke effect each time might look repetitive? Why am I moaning? I love this show!

Just noticed that in the first video I posted, Mike and Boo do walk to the back of the stage to presumably use that new lift they installed. $60 000 or however much it was to get those guys on stage? It's a wonder Sully can make it down the stairs too

ZINDERELLA

Does anyone know if they are likely to 'mess' with this show for Halloween? it's just that my 2 would totally love this show as it is, and I remember last time we went to Halloween there was a central plaza show with the villains, and I don't know if that would be in addition to the usual show, or whether the villains 'invade' the usual show?? Any clues folks?
2007 Halloween- Santa Fe
2009 May 1/2 Term- Newport Bay
2010 Halloween - Sequoia Lodge
2010 Xmas - Newport Bay (the one we won!)
2012 May 1/2 Term - Sequoia Lodge
2013 July - Magic Circus
2017 Magic Circus