Disney Showtime Spectacular (2010)

Started by Poppy The Monkey, February 03, 2010, 12:43:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel

[youtube:2cecdg4m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN_Gn6mxUlI[/youtube:2cecdg4m]

Hey does anyone know what the song is called in this video please? Was this version recorded for the show?

15MagicalYears

The song if from Tokyo Disneyland's Huli Huli Ohana Bash :)

dlrpkris

Don't you just love those instrumental segments? The track works really well and suits the event, but I also liked that they trialled music from Princess and the Frog too. That would've made more sense and fit the story of the show better... but this is waaaaay more fun and upbeat :)
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

Tuvok

Quote from: "Kristof"The soundtrack has been altered slightly; the laugh and applause tracks have been removed.

Any news on when the full show music will be released on cd? Last year's It's Party Time with Mickey took some time to come fully available on album, hopefully Disney Showtime Spectacular will be released sooner.
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

dlrpkris

They have such a strong soundtrack. It'd be great on a full CD. Saying that, it's surprising how strange it sounds without the characters :S

Tokyo likes to release DVDs of its shows. As a bonus, they also have a 'learn the choreography' segment. I'm surprised that DLRP didn't do something similar for It's Party Time. An enhanced CD of the show perhaps. Something the kids could dance around for hours at. I know of lots of families that complain the kids demand the music to be played again and again. I'm sure it'd keep them busy :)
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

tubbsy

Quote from: "dlrpkris"I know of lots of families that complain the kids demand the music to be played again and again. I'm sure it'd keep them busy :)
Why did I feel my arm shoot up right then? And need to shout "thats my house!" :lol:

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

never2old

I'm sure this has already been posted but I couldn't find it, so apologies... How long is the show? About 20 minutes?

Aurora

I never cheched my watch, but that sounds about right.

never2old

Thanks Aurora! :)

Lorum

You can say I'm negative, but what you can't say is that this show is good, great or whatever. This show is the result of this:

- "Well, guys, we must create a new show, any ideas?"
- "Yeah, the thing is to make a big big show"
- "(Everybody) Ohhhhhhhhh, a big show"
- "Can you tell us how to make a big show?"
- "Oh, well, it's easy... Mmm... Ummm... We need one million performers on stage"
- "Wow, that is a great idea, Mike"
- "So, ladies and gentlemen, we've finished"

And then, Disney Showtime Spectacular was born. There's no storyline, no musical sense... It's the example of what you don't have to do with Disney characters, Disney music, and Disney parks. Before the beginning of the show, I think they have to announce:

"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, welcome to the place where nightmares come true. For your own safety, we would like to remind you that this show may be frightening to children and some adults. If you do not want to waste your time, please, run away. Thank you and enjoy the show."

It's ironic, but excuse me, I can't stand these errors. Why don't they simply copy? I think "Dream Along with Mickey and Friends" is a great show.

[youtube:mhr1x57o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B_aF5zWsmM[/youtube:mhr1x57o]

Sorry if my English is not totally correct. Correct me in order to improve.
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

alaina82

OMG i LOVE this!!! Never seen it before but just sat here at work with the BIGGEST smile on my face....im happy now  :D  :D

p.s  I know its magic but how do their mouths move????

Lorum

They call them "moving heads" and I think it could be the same technology as audioanimatronics.
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

DisneyBart

I have a question. Why are there always 10 dancers ariving/leaving for the HUB-show while there are just 8 of them dancing on stage?

Disneymaniacus

Quote from: "DisneyBart"I have a question. Why are there always 10 dancers ariving/leaving for the HUB-show while there are just 8 of them dancing on stage?

As far as I know and have heard are those 2 spares when another dancer gets injured during the show.

DisneyBart

Quote from: "Disneymaniacus"
Quote from: "DisneyBart"I have a question. Why are there always 10 dancers ariving/leaving for the HUB-show while there are just 8 of them dancing on stage?

As far as I know and have heard are those 2 spares when another dancer gets injured during the show.

Do they also have spares for when a character gets injured?