Eurostar — questions and travel updates

Started by Anthony, June 10, 2006, 07:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

french fille

Quote from: PrincessRosie on September 13, 2015, 02:12:35 PM
Hi :) I'm taking my two daughters to Disney land next September and I'm just wondering if anyone knows of it would be cheaper to go by eurostar or plane? I'm trying to save some money and I want to find the cheapest way to travel. Thank you in advance xx

Eurostar  is cheaper and quick  there is 2 options    ---Direct london to chessy
---london to paris nord train stations ( after  rer B train to disneyland paris (13euro ticket )   2 hours train travel time
  ,  or private transfers 

loulou169

Is it me or do tickets seem expensive from Lille to DLP! I'm not sure if I went to the right place but it would cost an extra 90-100€ for me and 2 children aged 15 and 10.
Santa Fe: Oct 2011
Santa Fe: Oct 2012
Cheyenne: Apr 2014
Hotel Kyriad: Mar 2017
SLGF: October 2017
Santa Fe: Feb 2018

french fille

always very expencive direct line to  dlp chessy  station  try it lille to paris and get  train  or private transfes to dlp   compare price

dencarter

Quote from: loulou169 on January 09, 2017, 10:13:21 PM
Is it me or do tickets seem expensive from Lille to DLP! I'm not sure if I went to the right place but it would cost an extra 90-100€ for me and 2 children aged 15 and 10.

I always travel from London to Paris Nord then take the RER to DLP. Journey time to Disneyland from central Paris is 45 mins, priced at €7.90. This gives you the best prices and the most flexibility on time. Admittedly it's a marginal extra faff.

french fille

example   

--Easy jet low cost  ticket price  London Southend to Paris Charles de Gaulle   70 euro   and take train  to disneyland paris  9.50 euro  or private  cab 60 euro   taxi 85 euro
--Airfrance flybee lodon to paris charles de gaulle   178 euro
--Eurostar   london to paris nord   price is 90 euro

prices change every day as a result of market forces

Nicola

Quote from: Anthony on June 10, 2006, 07:56:25 PM
Please use this topic for all news and service updates for the Eurostar high-speed rail service to Disneyland Paris, as well as your own trip planning questions, experiences and tips!
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Kids currently get a basic activity pack.
The new pack will feature a rucksack plus games and toys to show them all the best bits of the resort before they get there.

It's very good to see that DLRP are so concerned with how good the Disney experience is, before you even get there!  <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

We have travelled several times from St Pancras to the park direct and our children have never received a pack? What is the pack and where do we get it? Sounds exciting..
Cheyenne 1998
Cheyenne 2013
Cheyenne 2014
Cheyenne 2015
Disneyland Hotel 2017 (Feb)
Disneyland Hotel 2017 (Oct)
Disneyland Hotel 2018

Waiting for... ****Disneyland Hotel 2021****

Leosawesomedad

Hi

I have just booked our first trip to DLP and as my son loves trains it was really the only option that made sense.

We will be travelling by train to Kings cross, then St Pancras to Lille and on to DLP from there

These prices are based on 1 adult 1 child

Return to and from Kings cross £105

Return St Pancras - Lille - DLP £214
or
Return St Pancras - DLP Direct £379

For a £163 saving I'm perfectly happy to change at Lille!

I read in a post somewhere that the direct service is getting lower usage and that it is being cut back... maybe if they looked at all of the people who travel via Lille or Nord to save money and adjusted their pricing to be more appealing then I'm sure everyone would choose to travel direct, no?

Hotel Cheyenne - First ever trip - August 2017
TBC - August 2018

grovesie

Quote from: Nicola on January 13, 2017, 02:36:38 PM
Please use this topic for all news and service updates for the Eurostar high-speed rail service to Disneyland Paris, as well as your own trip planning questions, experiences and tips!
____________________________________________________________________________________________

The new pack will feature a rucksack plus games and toys to show them all the best bits of the resort before they get there.

It's very good to see that DLRP are so concerned with how good the Disney experience is, before you even get there!  <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

We have travelled several times from St Pancras to the park direct and our children have never received a pack? What is the pack and where do we get it? Sounds exciting..

The kids packs were stopped several years ago, shame really my kids use to enjoy them. I still have some left from previous visits.

Nicola

Quote from: grovesie on January 25, 2017, 09:19:37 AM

The kids packs were stopped several years ago, shame really my kids use to enjoy them. I still have some left from previous visits.

Oooh exciting, what did you get?
Cheyenne 1998
Cheyenne 2013
Cheyenne 2014
Cheyenne 2015
Disneyland Hotel 2017 (Feb)
Disneyland Hotel 2017 (Oct)
Disneyland Hotel 2018

Waiting for... ****Disneyland Hotel 2021****

WookieInParis

Hello! I'm brand new to this board. Well, I've been lurking for a while and finally decided to join. ;D After booking our airfare to London, my husband and I have decided to add a few days at DLP from our London vacation. Husband wants to go there first. I have tried to look at Eurostar prices, but can't seem to find prices for late May. I finally figured out that the only way we can do this is from London to Lille, then catch another train from Lille to DLP. But when I go to the Eurostar website and try to book from Lille to DLP, nothing comes up. What am I doing wrong?

I read through this thread and say that they don't book until 3 months before, so I just put up some dummy dates in March so I can get an idea of price, but I still don't see any times or prices posted for March.

My second question is what time should we book from London to Paris? Our flight is scheduled to arrive at 8am, so I'm thinking a 1pm train should be ok. What are your thoughts? And thank you!

grovesie

Quote from: Nicola on January 30, 2017, 12:40:57 AM

There was a colouring in picture, crayons, quizzes like word search, spot the difference and if I remember correctly a jigsaw puzzle. It was not of great quality but it came in a zip up nylon bag with Disney decorations. We currently use one for our first aid supplies.... I will post a picture of the ones I have. Over the years there were several desigs

Gr33no

Quote from: Leosawesomedad on January 24, 2017, 04:23:50 PM
Hi

I have just booked our first trip to DLP and as my son loves trains it was really the only option that made sense.

We will be travelling by train to Kings cross, then St Pancras to Lille and on to DLP from there

These prices are based on 1 adult 1 child

Return to and from Kings cross £105

Return St Pancras - Lille - DLP £214
or
Return St Pancras - DLP Direct £379

For a £163 saving I'm perfectly happy to change at Lille!

I read in a post somewhere that the direct service is getting lower usage and that it is being cut back... maybe if they looked at all of the people who travel via Lille or Nord to save money and adjusted their pricing to be more appealing then I'm sure everyone would choose to travel direct, no?

Make sure to give yourself enough time to change at Lille. We did it last time and we thought 30 minutes would be enough, but we had a push chair and some cases - so we had to wait several lifts to get to the right level (gave up and took the push chair down the escalator in the end) and then fight through the passport/scanning bit. Only just made the train. (This was DLP to Lille, before coming back to the UK)

Andybear

Quote from: french fille on January 12, 2017, 12:25:26 AM
always very expencive direct line to  dlp chessy  station  try it lille to paris and get  train  or private transfes to dlp   compare price

It depends on how far in advance you book.  It's like Easyjet - the further in advance you book it, the cheaper it is. I'm going this September and the direct Eurostar train is costing me £98 for a return ticket from London which I'm pleased with.

hollyx

Last time I travelled on Eurostar in premier seating the meal on the way back was 3 light dishes, glass of wine and cup of tea. I've just read on their Facebook page someone complaining about the fact that their meal was a goody bag with quiche, a cake and a can of pop!
Admittedly it is a few years ago since I've travelled however I'm going next week and booked premier seating at a cost of nearly £400 for 2 of us and I assumed the food would be the same. Seems little point in paying for anything other than standard seating if the meal provided has now reduced to such an extent.
Has anyone travelled recently and had this so called goody bag rather than a meal?

gb1983

Quote from: grovesie on February 07, 2017, 09:22:02 AM
Quote from: Nicola on January 30, 2017, 12:40:57 AM

There was a colouring in picture, crayons, quizzes like word search, spot the difference and if I remember correctly a jigsaw puzzle. It was not of great quality but it came in a zip up nylon bag with Disney decorations. We currently use one for our first aid supplies.... I will post a picture of the ones I have. Over the years there were several desigs

Do all kids get this?