Eurostar — questions and travel updates

Started by Anthony, June 10, 2006, 07:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seony141010

Hello
Do Eurostar give anything to children, colouring books or puzzles etc? We are going on the disney express.

Thanks
Believe in the magic
Em xx

stecal

Quote from: seony141010 on January 31, 2014, 11:40:18 PM
Hello
Do Eurostar give anything to children, colouring books or puzzles etc? We are going on the disney express.

Thanks

Hi when i last went in march 2012 my daughter got a zip up bag with a puzzle and some other stuff in but i cant remember what to be honest but she liked it and still has the bag, hopefully they still do that as i'm taking my 3 there next year,there was an announcement in the departure lounge before we boarded for any children who wanted one of the packs to go to the desk and get one.hth

SGregory27

Quote from: seony141010 on January 31, 2014, 11:40:18 PM
Hello

Thanks
When we went Feb 2013, they said the don't do the packs anymore. But they may have brought them back since

2016-Cheyenne
2015-Sequoia Lodge Honeymoon Suite
2015-Sequoia Lodge GF Lakeside
2014-Sequoia Lodge- Hubby's big 30
2013- Newport Bay- 1st time with kids 4y &1y
2008-Sequoia Lodge
2005-Sequoia Lodge - Got engaged
2004-Sequoia Lodge
1999-SL

Nicknocks

Hi anyone been on the eurostar where you have to change in Lille? I cant justify the cost difference too get the one direct to Disney. How far apart are the platforms? On the way out we only have 20 mins in Lille will this be enought?

Kesirra

We have just done this trip and it's fine.  You get off the train at Lille and go up the escalators/lift.  There you will see the board displaying the departures of trains.  15 minutes before departure of your train this board will display your platform.  Once you know the platform just head back down. We actually left from the same platform we arrived at, although this may not always be the case.  Going back it's slightly different but still very easy.  The Eurostar leaves from hall 4 (you generally arrive at hall 1), but all you really need to look for is the Eurostar train sign and the British flag.  It's basically at the other end of the station. Really very easy so don't worry about the short time in between trains. Just enjoy the trip and get to DLP :)

Ravenseye

My son and I just collected our tickets at the Eurostar and there is now a sign that says you can upgrade for £39.one way. He wants to do that on the outbound journey, but I said for the breakfast and a larger seat it prob isn't worth it.   
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...

jackieann

As a family of 5 with a 8, 6 and 1 year old used to go standard but booked premier by mistake and have since always booked premier.   We find it calmer, quieter and not so warm.  For us we find it a nice treat.  If you can afford it just to try it once to see if you prefer it or not.

Also in August they were no longer doing the bags but had crayons and postcards for the children.

jazzyjules72

Hi there this will be my first time ever to DLRP and we are going from St Pancreas direct. there will be myself my partner, our son and grandparents. Do you get given allocated seats when you check in or can you prebook seats so we all sit together. We are also using express service.

2014 June - Sequoia Lodge

Nicknocks

I booked over the phone they asked if we wanted a table seat etc. They were very helpful as we are traveling with a toddler.

haribosmum

jazzyjules72   -  how did you book?  Was it through Disney direct or with Eurostar.  You should be able to call Eurostar and ask them where you've been allocated.  The only thing if you booked with Disney is that I don't believe they send the names through till closer to the time, they book out so many seats but don't give the details to Eurostar.  Give Eurostar a call though, they've always been very helpful.  If you go back a few pages on this thread there was a time families were being split up and spread across the train (including separating parents from children!!) but I haven't seen this reported for a long time. 
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

daddyof2

Fingers crossed I can sit apart from my kids  ;)

jazzyjules72

Thank you haribosmum it wasn't booked direct but will see what can do nearer the time all booked as a package. Thanks again for your help.

2014 June - Sequoia Lodge

disnick.322

We have to booked to go in May and are also going via Lille, on our confirmation letter it says this includes the Disney Express Service, but the website says this service is only available when travelling directly. Does anyone know if this is right or have any experience with Disney Express via Lille.

Samninetysix

It still goes via Lille but you don't have to change trains.

disnick.322

On the website it says we have to change at Lille, this is why we got confused as i though the Disney express wouldn't apply then.