Disney Food Pictures

Started by dagobert, January 21, 2010, 08:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

Quote from: "figaro"i cant wait to go now and take pics of food for this thread my boyfriend is going to think im mad ha!

I can'T wait to see your pictures. We are also a little bit crazy concerning food pictures.

figaro

Quote from: "dagobert"
Quote from: "figaro"i cant wait to go now and take pics of food for this thread my boyfriend is going to think im mad ha!

I can'T wait to see your pictures. We are also a little bit crazy concerning food pictures.

its really fun to see though, he already thinks im crazy for buying the brits guide to dlp book and coming on here ha x
disney fund 25/08/10 - 4nights/5days at santa fe 16th November 2010 PAID
disney spends - £0 (lol)

WillN

Just posted some pictures from the Half Board menu we had for dinner at the Silver Spur Steak House here.
Check our Honeymoon Trip Report! March 8-12 2010.

lynny

I have to admit i've always had good food apart from rainforest cafe3 yrs ago.Havn't been back since!
we always eat at Annetts,cafe mickey,lucky nugget and the fast food place a the front lot DISNEY STUDIOS which i've always enjoyed.Going to try planet hollywood this year and maybe somewhere else as we are there for longer :) any suggestions???
HOTEL CHEYANNE JUNE 2000
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2006
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2007
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB CHRISTMAS 2008
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2009
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2010
HOTEL NEW YORK LAKE VIEW HALLOWEEN 2011
HOTEL NEW YORK UPGRADED TO LAKE VIEW MAY 2013

WillN

Just managed to post the pictures here as well.

SILVER SPUR STEAKHOUSE

Caesar salad

Rumpsteak with pepper sauce, plus side salad and fries.

Traditional curried chicken with rice and mango chutney

Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia ice cream (3 balls)

Bailey's Crème Brulée    
Check our Honeymoon Trip Report! March 8-12 2010.

HildeKitten

Market House Deli:

Carrot cake

Flan cake and Mickey brioche.
The Mickey brioche was really quite good but the flan cake was pretty aweful.  It was way too sweet and had little flavor otherwise X_x

lynny

Quote from: "WillN"Just managed to post the pictures here as well.

SILVER SPUR STEAKHOUSE

Caesar salad

Rumpsteak with pepper sauce, plus side salad and fries.

Traditional curried chicken with rice and mango chutney

Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia ice cream (3 balls)

Bailey's Crème Brulée    

now wow that ben and jerry's cherry garcia looks superb....just up my street yummy :D
HOTEL CHEYANNE JUNE 2000

dagobert

Quote from: "lynny"I have to admit i've always had good food apart from rainforest cafe3 yrs ago.Havn't been back since!
we always eat at Annetts,cafe mickey,lucky nugget and the fast food place a the front lot DISNEY STUDIOS which i've always enjoyed.Going to try planet hollywood this year and maybe somewhere else as we are there for longer :) any suggestions???

In February we have been to the Rainforest Cafe in DV for the first time and we got some really good food. I had the veggie burger and my girlfriend got a veggie stir fry. We have also been to the Rainforest Cafe in Chicago, but it was a liitle bit disappointing, so we were a little bit skeptical when we tried the DV RFC.

Annette's, Cafe Mickey were always great.

Thanks for all the food pictures. Now I'm hungry.

lynny

my youngest wants to eat at planet hollywood this so we'll see how that goes. :)
HOTEL CHEYANNE JUNE 2000

Samninetysix

I just almost pee'd myself - just how much was that rump steak with that huge portion of fries and that gargantuan side salad?? - 23-25€ ?????? or more? - There can't have been more than 8-10 fries in that bowl and my gerbil would have starved on that side salad.

Lani

Here's a quick list of the places we ate, I didn't get photo's for everywhere like I'd wanted to, but here's what I got.

First day:
Rainforest Cafe
Boyfriend had spicy wings to start and I had a steak for mains, he had burger. Here's a picture of the steak

The next day we ate at Auberge de Cendrillon and it was amazing :) Met Ariel, Sleeping Beauty, Belle and Cinderella.
Here's pictures of the menu for anyone who wants to see:

We paid about 65 EUROS with tips for our meal
We had the set menu with cocktails, appertiefs of prawns, three mini starters and veal for mains with three little deserts and wine and a hot chocolate.
Here's a pic of the deserts

Before that we'd stopped for some snacks at the Cable bakery place

Day three we ate at the Cowboy cookout for lunch and sat around the fire. No pictures but I had a smoked half chicken that was really good.
Later on we went to King Ludwig's and I had another steak but with mozzarella and tomatoe salad to start, I thought it was a little like build your own bruscetta

Then on our last day we ate at Liki Tiki's(?) in the studio's and the chicken nuggets I had were the only food I'd had on the holiday that weren't up to good standards, could only eat two of them.
We then had a hot chocolate at starbucks and the deli then a Mcdonalds before getting the train home.

Dreams do come true in New Orleans?

dagobert

Thanks for the pictures. It's always great to see new food pictures.

gothprincess

I'm hoping Santa brings me lots of Euros (but Sterling will do just as nicely) so we can go to A de C I really really want to go.

Dolph7800

Finally found this thread! I'll chuck our food photos in here from our trip on the 10-12 Jan 2011. My brother always takes pics of the meals whenever he goes anyway, its turned into a bit of a running joke tbf!

Heres the one's I already posted in the trip report, which was our final day when we went to the Rainforest Cafe and it exceeded my expectations and previous experience. The Chili I had was absolutely delicious. All were on the "Menu Cha Cha" which is main & dessert for 21.50 Euros, the tree top steak was 3E extra.

Rainforest Cafe

Main: Savanna Parmigana

Main: Rainforest Chilli Con Carne (Delicious, Highly Recommended)

Main: Tree Top Steak

Dessert: Moelleux au Chocolat

Dessert: Vacherin Franboise

Lunch of Day 1- the cheesy hot dog from Caseys Corner  :D

It may look rank but it filled a hole and was tasty enough despite being pretty messy!

Annettes Diner

Starters: Hash Brown Potato Wedges, Chicken Wings and Onion Rings

I loved the hash browns, whereas my brothers thought the Chicken Wings were superb, although Im not a wing person myself so took their word for it!

Main: One of the burgers
. We all had Burgers but can;t remember what one this is except that it isn't my one (I had the European one with Blue Cheese and a potato rosti in which was pretty nice, but the rosti was a little strange)

Milkshake: Strawberry and Caramel

Beautiful milkshakes, almost a dessert (tbf they were in the dessert section but that didn't stop us  :P ). I had Banana and Peanut Butter but it was mainly banana. We all had 2 flavours, but from what we remember only 1 flavour seemed to come through in each. They were still really nice however.

Sequoia Lodge Breakfast Buffet:

Just chuck it all on as you do!

Planet Hollywood:

Starter: Chicken Crunch

Starters: Buffalo Chicken Tenders and Texas Tostados (Although Im sure they were called something else like BBQ Wontons):

I adore the buffalo tenders- I am a massive fan of the hot sauce with blue cheese dip to cool it down, but I hate wings. I was gutted when I went to the PH in London and they only did the wings, so I was glad that the DLRP one still sticks to the old menu and layout. At least over here I can get my fix at TGI Fridays!  I much prefer it to the re-vamped London restaurant which has lost a lot of the identity since its move up the road to Haymarket. My brother had the Wontons (could be the texas tostados as they were tortillas) and they will lovely as well with chicken, cheese and sauce on top of soft nachos.

Main: LA Lasagna

I love this dish, thankfully they still do it in London too. A nice twist on a Lasagne with the hard pasta shell casing and the meat and sauce instead. Being a greedy pig I had chips too! Note the 10Euro coupon that we had got off Ebay for a few quid- comes in very handy to search for these before you leave.

Main: Fajitas

Overall, we had very positive experiences of the food at DLRP. Yes, they are relatively expensive but we had expected that, and indeed overestimated how much it would cost as the bills were coming in less than what we had expected, generally just under 100 Euros for 3 people, usually ending up around the 25-35 Euros each which is reasonable for a meal out. We didnt lunch much in the park, the short 10-6 opening hours meant every second counts so it was a case of grabbing a hot dog or a waffle or some popcorn on the go. With those just being about 8 Euros each it meant that we didnt spend nearly as much on the food as we thought.

Rainforest Cafe was lovely- last time when I went with the girlfriend it seemed to be over-expensive and not particularily good but this time around it was very nice indeed and our mains were delicious. Planet Hollywood we have all done before, so it was nothing new but very nice all the same. Annettes was nice as a burger bar, the only downer being our table was incredibly cramped.

Hope this all helps, and doesn't make anyone as hungry as me as I sit here looking at all the photos of delicious food whilst I'm on a diet eating cereal for lunch!

dagobert

Thanks for the pictures. The food looks delicious!