Owains 3-6th January 2010 Trip Report - TOT incident report

Started by Owain, January 06, 2010, 10:28:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owain

Thanks everyone, im glad everyone is enjoying it.

Day 1 Part 2

Passing through england, while watching Monsters Inc. Before you know it we passed the euro tunnel terminal (i think) and drove swiftly passed  :(  onto dover to board our ferry. The ferry was booked with P&O for 1:30 but we managed to get to the ferry early at 12:00, we all crossed our finger, toes, arms and legs that we could get onto an early ferry but unfortunatly there wasnt one. Oh well 1:30 ferry it was  :).

We were stopped by border control, lucky enough only 6 adults had to get off with there passports so we were not waiting to long. From then we queued at the ferry dock waiting for the P&O 1:30 ferry.
While waiting for the ferry a car pulled up with what looked like a dead horse ontop of it, everyone was taking photos and staring at it. Me and amy went out to see it to find out it was plastic. I will post the photo when leanne uploads her photos as i took it on her camera. Soon the ferry came and we boarded and left for dover.

Ferry

Dover

Dover

Dock

White Cliffs

Byeee UK !

We left our luggage with jakes family and went for some food  :)

Lisa

Jake

After eating we kept ourselves busy by visiting the shop and duty free, jake and lisa bougt some purchases like skullcandy headphones and perfumes. We soon hit land in Calais, FRANCE !  :D

We departed the boat and did not get stopped the other side and started our journey through france to Disneyland PARIS ! It was the longest 5 hours? of my life. The film there was Little Mermaid  :) . We had a few service stops but i just could not wait until we arrived. Time passed and we started playing spotting games, amy spotted the sign first. I remember goign passed a huge carrefour shopping center, with a H&M and virgin.

It was dark now, about 7:30pm ish. Still playing the spot the disneyland game i saw huge spotlight in the sky and i imedeatly knew it was Disneyland. I told everyone and we kept our eyes on them waiting as we got closer to make things out, jake shouted he could see the castle and TOT. Soon everyone clocked on and notice it was disneyland,  as we got closer everythign came more clearer. We drove passed Newport Bay Club then into Disneys Sequoia lodge for the people staying there, before we got off the coach driver gave us his phone number and told us to be ready at our hotels at 3:30pm tuesday. We were abit dissapointed because we expected a full day in the park but nevermind. We pressed on to Disneys hotel Cheyenne where we were all staying. We checked in, 3 rooms in Calamity Jane, not the furthest from Reception/Food but furthest from the parks ! Our breakfast was at 7:45 but we were told we could come earlier if we wanted too  :)

Man what a walk it was with suitcases to the rooms, it didnt help with the receptionist giving us the longest way to get there, Out through reception and turn right she said, when the next day we worked out it was much quicker to go out through the Bar/Food Exit. Arriving in our rooms we changed and got ready to go to disney village.

Me and Lisa

Me and lisa very dark  :P

We decided to walk along the rio grande to disney village. Not only the coldness was a hint too the temp for the next few days but the fact the rio grande had froze !

Lisa and Evan

Amy and Sean

Walking to DV

We reached hotel new york and started taking some photos

Newport Bay Club

Callum and Evan

Disney Village

Hotel New York

Ice Rink

Amy and Sean

Panoramagique

Panoramagique

Jake infront of Panoramagique

We then walked through DV, and stopped to have a photo taken of all of us on the stage by PH. I will post the photo when available as its on leannes camera  :D

We then queued in annette's

Annette's Diner

Annette's Diner

I Love annettes, one of the only places i like to eat at in the village. I had the Rock N Roll Burger i think it was  :D
Everyone enjoyed there meal and the waiters were great.

Leaving Annette's

We then went into the disneystore to have a browse, evan wanted everything. In the end he got a mickey and minnie heart pillow and a pluto and mickey plushes.

As it was now midnight we walked back to the cheyenne and what a cold walk it was !

We then got ready and went to bed, Lisa in the double bed, Jake bottom bunk and Me top bunk. Ready for our day at disney  :)

Lisa and Me

Jake Lisa and Me

End of Day1 Part 2  :wink:

kmara

love your report so far and can't wait to read more! great start!
DLP]

March 1995 - Walt Disney World Florida

norhel

Great pics!
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

The Butlin Boy

Great start to your report Owain, I've really enjoyed reading it. I'm looking forward to the rest :)

kiki_304

Great trip report and pics.

Can't wait for the next instalment.

Owain

Thank you everyone for reading so far !

Day 2 Part 1

MORNING !

I could hardly get any sleep during the night, we had a wake up call for 6, and had 2 other alarms set. I remember i was up at 4:30 thinking come on 30 mins. Then realised actually 1hour 30 mins. I fell back asleep waking up at 5:50. I could not wait, watching the tv clock.

My alarm rang a minute before 6, i started getting up. The wake up call rang which made jake and lisa move. Jake picked up the phone and then put it down and went back to sleep. I wasnt taking any notice of them and got my clothes ready and jumped in the shower. The shower really woke me up and got me nice and warm for a very cold disney day. After i got ready i came out of the bathroom to find the room still dark and jake and lisa sleeping !

I told jake to go in the shower, no answer. I pulled lisas cover of her to get her up, she wouldnt. So i decided to start packing my bag for the day. Camera, check. Wallet with money, check. Etcc.... at 6:45 jake and lisa finally got up ! While they were getting ready, i sorted the room out. Ripped the hotel easy pass off the sheet of paper and decided to bring an extra hoody on top of my jumper and t shirt. At the moment i was wearing a pair of jeans, a thisrt, mickey jumper and a mickey hoody. With a little help jake and lisa were ready about 7:10am, we were about to leave and i realised i lost the hotel pass, but with a little look i found it ontop of the shelf by the hangers. Me, jake and lisa left for breakfast with Amy Callum and Sean. Jakes family were coming later as they were not too bothered about EMH, plus it was very early for the younger kids.

Our breakfast was for 7:45 but we got there about 7:15. I ate a bowl of frosties, and some croissant's. I picked up some nutellas. I also drank a hot chocolate and about 3 cups of orange juice. With breakfast finished we walked through reception and who was there ?

Callum, jake, pluto, me and lisa in Cheyenne Reception

We went to the bus stop but no one was there so we assumed that buses were not running. It was bout 8ish, so we decided to walk the bus route. While walking the bus route a cheyenne bus passed us going towards the hotel (typical :| ) . The walk was not long, but VERY cold. We were soon at the resort hub and the photo taking began !

Sorry if these photos are abit shaky. It was dark and i couldnt stop shivering.

Disneyland Hotel

Disneyland Hotel

Incase you forgot the theme of the year

Disneyland Hotel

We went under the hotel, and could already feeling the disneyland park magic. We got to the cm who had to check your tickets. We all gave him our park tickets and he quized us on the hotel we were staying in. He then asked to see our hotel pass. I put it in my bag so i had trouble getting it back out. With a pull it came out and along with a few nutellas i took from breakfast ! Most embarrassing moment of the trip ! The cm laughed along with jake and lisa and i just picked them off the floor. I gave him the pass and he let us through, we then went through the turnstiles and were in Disneyland park !  :D/

A walk under...

Main Street Station

A few photo of Main Street USA when empty and dark during EMH

Main Street Transport

City Hall

Dont forget it was still Christmas  :wink:

Me on Main Street USA

*BEEP**BEEP*

Main Street Cars were running, Me Jake and Lisa jumped on board with another english family to central plaza  :D

We got out and had a photo infront of the castle which is on jakes camera, he will post his photos soon  :)

Castle

Castle

We walked through the castle into fantasyland and straight to Peter Pans Flight, our first ride of the trip  :)

It was EMH at about 8:30 so it was a walk on, lovely to go on this ride again as i probably hadnt been on it since 2002. It was a great ride, but abit jerky, all effects were working i think. Including the smoking chimneys at the start of the ride.

Next EMH ride was Dumbo. Always a huge queue so was nice to walk one again  :)

Jake and Lisa on Dumbo

Dumbo

Looking over to Peter Pan and Pirates

Tea Cups and IASW

Castle from dumbo

We decided we wanted thrills now so from dumbo we walked through fantasyland going past IASW, Fantasia Gelati and Pizzeria Bella Notte. Walking into Discoveryland i love the view of Videopolis, SM and Orbitron. We walked onto Space Mountain and had back seats. I had a pretty nice ride but jake and lisa thought it was quite rough.

Photo Shop was not open, Back left jake, right lisa and Me

Next we rode buzz which was also a walk on, had a poor score, but still managed to beat lisa. Jake had the higest score tho !

Next we went on Mad Hatters Tea Cups, it was fun but not as fun as i remembered. They use to spin much faster, its hard to get them spinning now ! After coming off we saw a cm heater and decided to warm up, lisa wearing knitted gloves tried to warm her hands up but ended up burning her gloves. Me and jake could not stop laughing.

Now as we had done all EMH attractions accept Le Carrousel de Lancelot which we were not too bothered about. We went to discovery arcade where we had a toilet break and looked at the information board. We found out MWW was on at 10:45 so we booked that into the morning. We wanted to warm up so decided to go to Market House Deli where we sat down and had a lovely hot chocolate. While inside we heard the opening annoucement and started to see more people walking down mainstreet. We finished our hot chocolates and decided before huge queues built up we wanted to do frontierland. We walked through the path at the end of Liberty arcade into Thunder Mesa and picked up fast passes for BTM. We then went to Phantom Manor.

BTM

BTM

BTM

Frontierland

Castle from Frontierland

BTM

We then went into PM, great ride. Everythign started comign back to me as i hadnt been on this since 2002. I think most effects were working bar one or two. I love the Dinning Hall scene  :)  Jake managed to scre lisa and me while riding it too.

We walked through frontierland where a long queue ad formed outside BTM gates as it still had not opened, we picked up fast passes for 10:35 - 11:05 thinking MWW was only going to be 15 minutes long  :P With time to spare before the show we walked onto POTC, still my favourite ride in the resort. And an added plus of making you warm after being out in the cold temps.

Jake, Lisa and Me on POTC

Still love it, amazing ! Loved it before the film, love it even more after. We realised it was 10:40 and that we had 5 minutes to get to the show, we power walked through adventureland and too frontierland where we had to find The Chaparral Theater, MAN ! i didnt know how big frontierland was, the theater is very far back isnt it ! Now i know why DLP is the biggest park out of them all. Anyway we managed to get the theater and still get good seats only being 2 minutes late. The show annoucement came on and said the show would start in 12 minutes. There goes our BTM fastpasses then. 10 Minutes later the doors were shut and the show started.

The show was great, even if the theater was freezing !

Coming from the show we walked towards cowboy cookout bbq and loads of characters appeared so we had some photos.

Abu was also there, i had to question though. These were all adventureland characters, what were they doing in cotton wood creek where woody and his gang are ?

We were very cold now and wanted to go back to our hotel room to put on some more layers so we started heading out of the park when we heard minnie, it could only be....... Minnies Party Train !

We ran through liberty arcade and took some photos as we only caught the end.

Main Street

Main Street

Main Street

We left Disneyland Park and caught a bus back to the hotel room in Cheyenne.

End of Day 2 Part 1 !  :D

smurfy74

im loving your report and love seeing pics of you and your friends in the photos - i love it when people are in the photos as opposed to just scenery shots, i think its the smiles people seem to have on their faces and it reminds me of the smiles I have on my face when im in the parks

loladelorean

Fab trip report thanks for posting. You have great pics, especially love your ones of the show - I can't wait to see it when I go next Christmastime  (man it seems so far away....)
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

Annet

Great report so far, lovely pictures!
People's reports always really make me look forward to my next trip :)

Aurora

THanks for the report so far.
Me too, I thaught, the teacup aren`t moving the same way they did before( we were there in september).
Great pictures, I an looking forward to the nxt days.
Aurora

littlemissdisney

Thank you for the trip report! Your photos are amazing, can't wait to see the rest of them.  :)

norhel

Like the pics!
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

luke85

Great report so far! awesome pics too

never2old

Great report!! And great pictures - I love the ones during the EMH, everything looks even more magical with that morning light!

Looking forward to more!!

Disneydavid

nice tr!

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!