Classic Videos from 1996

Started by pfspock, February 15, 2011, 10:31:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

Here's another proof how wonderful the resort was during the 90ies! Designing disney has posted a new article about the lost treasures of the resort:
http://www.designingdisney.com/2011/04/ ... rland.html

It's really a shame that the Woodcarver's Workshop had to close! I really wish that I would have experienced the resort back then.

davewasbaloo

They did forget to mention the other Frontierland Treasures such as the Indian Pueblo Trading Post with basket weaving and jewelry making; the Lucky Nugget Revue and of course the shootouts on the roofs of Frontierland.
since 2001 (many before that)

ed-uk

Disneyland Paris is still the most popular tourist attraction in Europe, it can't be for nothing even if the wood carvers shop has gone. More people go to DLP now and stay in the hotels than they did in the 90's. Just to put a positive spin on things.
Ed & David

davewasbaloo

DLP is good, yes, but is it the best themed resort in Europe? I am not sure if I am of that opinion anymore.What they built originally, yes, but not much designed since 2000 that has been (remember TOT was designed before that) And the marketing machine of Disney is huge.

davewasbaloo

and the others are catching up - Europa Park and Phantasialand both offer far more highly themed and entertaining hotels than DLP.

ed-uk

You liked WDS when that first opened in 2002. But not so much now i know. I'll see how Europa Park does when thay open their second park? Surely DLP is the best Disney themed resort In Europe, infact it's the only Disney themed resort in Europe, if I want Disney characters and Disney magic where else would I go, not Europa park. And I think the Disney hotels are wonderfully themed. The Disney brand it strong, and there's a good reason for that. If I want a different themed resort I could go to Alton Towers or Chessington. I also notice Europa Park is closed for about four months of the year, including Christmas Eve and Christmas day.I think this must make a big difference to the working of the resort.  DLP is open every day of the year for people to enjoy, including Christmas Eve and Christmas day.
Ed & David