Fantasia and Fantasia 2000 coming to Blu-ray

Started by Kristof, January 05, 2010, 12:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Masamune

:( This is all very confusing. I want both films, and my only way of having both is by buying the double pack. But Anthony is saying that the version of Fantasia that comes in the double pack is not as good as the one that is sold separately? Gah, I don't know what to do. I might just wait for it to appear in stores so I can read what it says on the boxes, then buy it online.

peep

I was getting confused by all this talk so I went and inspected the actual covers today in HMV. In the stand-alone edition you only have 1 blu-ray disc and 1 DVD disc. There is no difference between the stand-alone and the double pack editions. Well, from what I could tell anyway.

I understand where the confusion comes from though and it looks like a tough choice will have to be made when the Toy Story trilogy is released. I don't like how it's worded on the internets sometimes.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Anthony

Quote from: "peep"I was getting confused by all this talk so I went and inspected the actual covers today in HMV. In the stand-alone edition you only have 1 blu-ray disc and 1 DVD disc. There is no difference between the stand-alone and the double pack editions. Well, from what I could tell anyway.
I think the double pack contains only blu-ray discs, whereas the single Fantasia is a "Double Play" with DVD. People are complaining on Amazon that Disney aren't releasing the 4-disc blu-ray AND DVD double pack here.

Also, the extras are getting so-so reviews compared to the previous Fantasia Anthology set. The whole "Fantasia World" thing from that original trailer seems to have been completely dropped - those Fantasia 2006 shorts aren't included at all, except Destino.

Masamune

I'm angry at the lack of extras, but at the same time, I'm just glad that these films are finally out on Blu-Ray. It's better than never getting them on Blu-Ray at all.

Pete's Dragon

Going down to HMV tomorrow to buy this with my birthday money.
N.B. Anyone who collects the disneymoviereward.co.uk points, if you buy this and Beauty and the Beast you get double points for a limited time. So that on blu-ray that's 600 in total !

Anthony

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"N.B. Anyone who collects the disneymoviereward.co.uk points, if you buy this and Beauty and the Beast you get double points for a limited time. So that on blu-ray that's 600 in total !
I don't think this applies to the Fantasia/2000 double pack though? The terms and conditions aren't very clear. In any case, my discs arrived yesterday without a Movie Rewards code inside, so I've had to email in for points again.

For those interested in the packaging: The UK set is two normal blu-ray cases inside a nice shiny cardboard sleeve. The cases have the same cover art as the German versions sold separately (Fantasia 2000's pink/purple cover is lovely). And yes, Fantasia says "Walt Disney". ;)

dagobert

Thanks Anthony for making this clear. It just annoys me that TWDC seems to be not that interested anymore in Walt. It's just focusing on the brand. I wonder if it is a coincidence that this happened in the last year after Roy E. Disney died.

Nevertheless I will buy the DVD versions of both movies. I have a Blu Ray player, but Fantasia is not worth 25€ for me. The DVD is just 14€.

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "Anthony"
Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"N.B. Anyone who collects the disneymoviereward.co.uk points, if you buy this and Beauty and the Beast you get double points for a limited time. So that on blu-ray that's 600 in total !
I don't think this applies to the Fantasia/2000 double pack though? The terms and conditions aren't very clear. In any case, my discs arrived yesterday without a Movie Rewards code inside, so I've had to email in for points again.

For those interested in the packaging: The UK set is two normal blu-ray cases inside a nice shiny cardboard sleeve. The cases have the same cover art as the German versions sold separately (Fantasia 2000's pink/purple cover is lovely). And yes, Fantasia says "Walt Disney". ;)

Well I'm guessing that because each film has it's own separate box, that each will have it's own code and I'll get 750 points in total :-)

Pete's Dragon

got the double points, sweet!! Although I didn't get a code for Fantasia 2000. So that really 150 for each and 300 for Beauty and the Beast. Still, it's not enought for the Luxo Lamp but it's a start.
Off to relax on the sofa for 3 1/2 hours :-)

DisneyAlba

Since I don't have a Bluray player, I bought the regular dvd version of Fantasia. I have to say it bugs me to no end that all the dvd releases of late are so barren; hardly any extra's, no inlay, and boring grey disc art.

In any case, since there is no inlay, I don't have an overview of the chapters. The 'select a chapter' part of the dvd menu does not help in identifying the chapters; impossible to tell which is which! So, I would like to print an overview of the chapters to put in my dvd box. Problem is, no matter how I search the internet, I can't find any overview.

Can anyone of you help me by directing me to an overview of the chapters?? (Ideally, a scan of an inlay, but hey a simple text list will do...)
You can take the girl out of Scotland, but you can't take Scotland out of the girl.